5 True Statements About Yourself...

Silvio

Because I am. He may not be completely open about it but he is. Doesn't impact me so i'm not bothered by it.

You don't care that your closest friend is a horrible, horrible scumbag? I'd say that definitely impacts you. It's worrying that it doesn't bother you. Are you a racist sympathizer? Personally I'd be embarrassed to be associated with such a person.

Edited by McKee

Nope, it's more like: He believes in that, thats his choice. I don't believe in that and he knows this. He doesn't try to influence my opinion on the matter and I don't really indulge in the matter with him.

So you don't particularly care about his racism or ever tell him off for it due to your respect for him - in this case - as a friend? That's the very definition of a sympathizer.

No your right but there are a lot more things that will influence how my life pans out. I have known him for years and can safely say he has not influenced how I have lived my life.

Then why even associate with him? A racist scumbag who gets on everyone's nerves and doesn't offer you any influence or positive motivation doesn't sound like a very good candidate for a best friend.

Edited by McKee

What sort of racist are we talking here? Like openly racist and totally intolerant or minorities? Or is it he likes to make jokes involving casual racism?

So you don't particularly care about his racism or ever tell him off for it due to your respect for him - in this case - as a friend? That's the very definition of a sympathizer.

Then why even associate with him? A racist scumbag who gets on everyone's nerves and doesn't offer you any influence or positive motivation doesn't sound like a very good candidate for a best friend.

I certainly let him know that I don't agree with what he says, it's pretty much the only part of his personality I disagree with. Otherwise I don't have a problem with him.

My best mate is an albino and is funny as f**k but if he had normal hair somebody would have decked him by now. Ironically, he is the biggest racist you will meet.

Just the casual racist jokes pretty much. Not the type to go out their way to avoid other people of other races or anything like that.

Some impressive backtracking there, it has to be said.