• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Silvio

5 True Statements About Yourself...

1. I recently moved to London after graduating from Aberdeen Uni with a 2:1 in Geography / Town Planning. I expected to be hunting for a job for ages but ended up getting a very good one after attending only one interview. (I travelled to Swindon the previous week for another interview - I ended up not going as I had a few beers while watching ICT's away leg in the Europa League and slept in. Decided not to tell my parents about that...)

2. Played for ICT up to Under 15 level until I jacked it in because I didn't like playing in goals. Ironically I am now a keeper for a Sunday League team.

3. I had surgery to pin back prominent ears when I was younger which was one of the best things I've ever done.

4. Got reasonably good at playing guitar while I was at uni but I can only play sitting down. Going to take some lessons as I've recorded some things at home that I'd love to play live with a proper band.

5. Went on a date yesterday with an trainee architect that went very well but she's smarter than me which I found a bit weird.

If I'd done this about five years ago it would have been an utterly pathetic read but my life's going pretty well now. Hopefully when this thread is dredged up from the depths in future everything hasn't gone to shit.

1. I have no intention of getting married and even less for having children.

2. I love traveling and especially traveling alone.  I try and do three new countries every year - last year I went to Canada, Norway and the Faroe Islands for the first time.  The latter was somewhere I'd always wanted to go and I went for a weekend last June.  It was the Faroes Islands I'd wanted it to be.  This time next month I'll be in Greenland.

3. My younger brother is the guitarist in a fairly well known Scottish band.  Despite this I've never seen them live and have barely heard any of their music.

4.  I've never been drunk, taken drugs or smoked.  I haven't had a proper alcoholic drink since 2009 and am pretty strictly straight edge.

5. I once went to 184 Caley Thistle games straight.  This included two cup finals, an away game in Stranraer where I went via Ireland and the Astra Giurgiu away game in Romania.  The run ended when a postponed match against Brechin was re-scheduled to the Tuesday I was in Berlin.

9 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Jesus, that's one hell of a bump!

True Statements About This Thread thread for this pish.

On 24/01/2009 at 13:59, die hard doonhamer said:

5 more:

1: I was only at Primary School for 6 years, this was due to my age when I moved to England, and i was put forward a year. When I moved back up to Scotland I was kept in the same year, so missed a year.

2: I hate my school life, mainly due to most of the people there, and I can't wait for September and the start of University.

3: I see myself as a fairly well tempered and well mannered person, but when I step inside a football ground it all seems to go out the window.

4: I'm 16, have never smoked and never taken any illegal substances, and I never intend to.

5: I hate beer, and am usually wrecked after just 6 bacardi breezers :ph34r:

On 21/12/2008 at 20:11, die hard doonhamer said:

1: I have never lived in Dumfries, and don't ever intend to.

2: I'm an arrogant, smug, lazy bast*rd

3: I would much rather play cricket than football

4: I am totally inept and an eternal pessimist when it comes to woman

5: My physical appearence is often compares to Alan Carr, this may or may not cause number 4

Looking back at me from a decade ago (the fact I've been on here more than a decade is scary!) is a laugh.

Two years and a day after the later of my two posts above, my son was born. Third child is due in September. I'm still quite smug, don't look so Alan Carr like anymore, and still haven't touched illegal drugs (though have touched cigarettes). Still cricket over football too.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

3. My younger brother is the guitarist in a fairly well known Scottish band.  Despite this I've never seen them live and have barely heard any of their music.

Band name?

20 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

4.  I've never been drunk, taken drugs or smoked.  I haven't had a proper alcoholic drink since 2009 and am pretty strictly straight edge.

Coward

18 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Band name?

The Krankies imo.

The rampant homophobia and racism in the first few pages of this thread shows exactly why PC needed to go mad. Brutal stuff. 

On 5/16/2019 at 21:30, Busta Nut said:

Band name?

The Proclaimers.

1. I am not particularly ambitious, all i’ve ever wanted in life was to have a wife, kids and job that i enjoy. I have all this, don’t think i can or want to achieve anything more.

ETA: if it was anything it would go back to college/uni and do sports physio. But all that seems like too much of a pain at this stage.

2. I am not great at football, despite my delusions growing up.

3. I will try and help people as often as i can.

4. I see myself as friendly and approachable, but have days where i just want to tell folk to f**k off.

5. I worry a lot about really inconsequential stuff.

1. Money isn't important to me, and would rather waste it and enjoy it than save it.

2. I've went back to full time education as a relatively old b*****d. Glad I did.

3. Football is the only sport I am even semi - decent at. I love watching a few sports, mainly Ice Hockey and snooker/pool but I'm shite at them all.

4. I am a non conforming b*****d to be honest. I have never watched GOT, for example, because so many people said I should. Could be missing out on a delight but I'm happy without it and other peer pressure.

5. I've scored goals at a variety of senior stadia in Scotland, despite never having played at any level higher than Sunday league.

2 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

1. Money isn't important to me, and would rather waste it and enjoy it than save it.

2. I've went back to full time education as a relatively old b*****d. Glad I did.

3. Football is the only sport I am even semi - decent at. I love watching a few sports, mainly Ice Hockey and snooker/pool but I'm shite at them all.

4. I am a non conforming b*****d to be honest. I have never watched GOT, for example, because so many people said I should. Could be missing out on a delight but I'm happy without it and other peer pressure.

5. I've scored goals at a variety of senior stadia in Scotland, despite never having played at any level higher than Sunday league.

11 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

No2 is probably necessary if you think “I’ve went....” is acceptable English

Image result for mick mccarthy gif

11 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Given that using 'went' negates the need for an auxiliary verb I'll stick with that, thanks.

Went back, gone back. Makes no difference and both are grammaticality fine.

Thanks though emoji849.png

It does when you stick "I've/you've/they've" in front of it.

It does when you stick "I've/you've/they've" in front of it.

Not strictly true either. If I had written something like 'I have went back' then I concede you might have a point. As the use of 'I've' is considered to not use an auxiliary verb then it is still grammatically correct.

Not strictly true either. If I had written something like 'I have went back' then I concede you might have a point. As the use of 'I've' is considered to not use an auxiliary verb then it is still grammatically correct.  

Not in any English speaking country.
Glasgow, maybe an exception

It's been a while since I listened to commercial radio but I recall listening to a sports host bragging about the colleges he "could've went to." Obviously he didn't went to one that demanded basic grammar skills from its Journalism graduates.