Scots Independence Referendum

Guest RTB

Scots Independence  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly. As it stands every Scot gets more spent on them by government than their English counterparts.

I think you should check that my friend. ;)

I've yet to see a convincing argument (and that doesn't mean patriotic Scottish rubbish, or the fact you don't like the BBC) for independance. At the end of the day, Scotland would still be attached to a country that has the same language, money, shops, drink culture, television channels, radio programmes, style of football and all sorts of other connections. Apart from the accent, deep fried Mars Bars and a sense of bitterness, I'm not really sure what else is different about Scotland.

I'm sure some jumped up clown will give me some nonsense about how the money from a finite energy source will tide us over. I'm sure when that runs out we'll get by selling shortbread to China.

Thankfully it will NEVER happen as Alex Salmond has no intention of making Scotland independent. As per normal for the slimy weasel he would much rather see England sever the ties without having to do anything.I wish we had a Britain that was one big country that we could all have a pride in but unless the BNP get in we aren't going to get it.

Excellent, an interesting post in an otherwise dreary thread.

If you are suggesting the BNP would make Britain a country to be proud of, then I beg to differ. In fact, if the BNP got into power, I'd be ashamed to be British, and would relinquish my citizenship.

From what I seen in Higher Modern Studies (in 2007), we did indeed receive more per head than England in Government spending. This was put down to our different geographical needs, such as the isolated locations in the country, where facilities are more expensive to maintain.

That's the second time tonight I've had to bring bloody Modern Studies statistics into debate on here now :lol:

JP-The BNP do have some very good ideas but their way of putting across the ideas is what causes their message to be construed in a way that is harmful to their progress.

Perhaps if they ditched their "white Britain" agenda then they may begin to make some progress. There is simply no excuse for that in a decent, democratic society.

I'm saying this, and i don't jump on the anti-BNP bandwagon.

From what I seen in Higher Modern Studies (in 2007), we did indeed receive more per head than England in Government spending. This was put down to our different geographical needs, such as the isolated locations in the country, where facilities are more expensive to maintain.

That's the second time tonight I've had to bring bloody Modern Studies statistics into debate on here now :lol:

Well go and check the last figures the North East of England got less than us and in both N.I and London the spending was higher.

Checked it and...

Scotland puts in £27 billion and recieves £40 billion. Furthermore, due to differences within public systems which are not available in England and Wales, any Scot can expect to recieve around £19,000 spent upon their well-being and living, higher than what those down south recieve. :)

JP-The BNP do have some very good ideas but their way of putting across the ideas is what causes their message to be construed in a way that is harmful to their progress.

Could you perhaps present those policies in a more eloquent manner? I'm genuinely interested and not going for the obvious knee-jerk reaction.

Name one other country that does?

Countries with a significant population which is ripe for the labor market such as China and India. Why pay workers in Scotland to do a job which can be done in a country where you can get cheaper labor? Due to the globalisation the location doesn't matter due to the profit made. ;)

Well go and check the last figures the North East of England got less than us and in both N.I and London the spending was higher.

Are you suggesting that the North East of England should break away from the Union?

Countries with a significant population which is ripe for the labor market such as China and India. Why pay workers in Scotland to do a job which can be done in a country where you can get cheaper labor? Due to the globalisation the location doesn't matter due to the profit made. ;)

Migration of jobs will happen regardless of whether or not the Union is in place. It's not that relevent in that respect.

Archived