Scots Independence Referendum

Guest RTB

Scots Independence  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Big_Andy
Those voting FOR, need to put their kilts away and get their brains out.

Tsk tsk young un.

I've did a fair degree of research into said independance, and after an initial period of between 5 and 10 years of 'hardship' we would start to stand well and truly on our own and be better off as a nation than as an insignificant part of the UK. As long as whatever party who are elected to run the said independant Scotland invest the obvious generated income wisely in more longer term solutions than fossil fuel extraction.

Ask yourself why doesn't the Westminster government want rid of the 'drain on UK resources' if we are such?

Shouldn't these Nats be lobbying bawface up in the Scottish parliament to get a proper referendum going so we don't have to be inflicted with constant straw polls on here by plooky faced little c***s

Correct. About time it was at least on the agenda and dates set.

Just out of interest what reason do you have for that? Just that i know very few people of our age who are clued up in areas like this. (except Exuberant of course) :P

Are you sure you don't want another lecture?

In simple terms, there is nothing to make me feel more Scottish than British as by definition, Scots are Brits. The economic case for independence is not sound and the idea of Scotland running its own affairs gives me no confidence whatsoever that it would be run more effectively and help either the people North or South of the border.

We get vastly more out of the Union than we contribute(albeit that that is almost feck all) and we would be reduced to a third world country within 5 years after the oil runs out(and is that even the Scots to claim)..

Are you really serious?

We get vastly more out of the Union than we contribute(albeit that that is almost feck all) and we would be reduced to a third world country within 5 years after the oil runs out(and is that even the Scots to claim)..

I'm against Independence, but that is wrong and stupid.

Maybe third world country was wrong term.Meant more liek abackwater that has no susbtantive place in the world should Scotland choose to be independant. All the talented workers with skills would leave for places where they dont have to pay exorbinant taxes to satisfy some shortbread tin fantasy.I would much rather see a sense of Britishness reinstalled in this country to become a GREAT Britain as a UNITED kingdom than be part of a fragmented shambles.

Guest Big_Andy

That is the sort of statement that Unionists get laughed at for making. So far from reality that even Unionists will surely see that you know nothing on the subject. :lol:

Maybe third world country was wrong term.Meant more liek abackwater that has no susbtantive place in the world should Scotland choose to be independant. All the talented workers with skills would leave for places where they dont have to pay exorbinant taxes to satisfy some shortbread tin fantasy.I would much rather see a sense of Britishness reinstalled in this country to become a GREAT Britain as a UNITED kingdom than be part of a fragmented shambles.

Independent not Independant.

So please explain to me what is this sense of Britishness thing you want to see reinstalled?

Maybe third world country was wrong term.

Just maybe? :rolleyes:

Meant more like a backwater that has no susbtantive place in the world should Scotland choose to be independant.

Even that's stretching the imagination.

All the talented workers with skills would leave for places where they dont have to pay exorbinant taxes to satisfy some shortbread tin fantasy.

No they wouldn't. But there are other economic flaws in the Independence agenda.

I would much rather see a sense of Britishness reinstalled in this country to become a GREAT Britain as a UNITED kingdom than be part of a fragmented shambles.

As would I, but to force Britishness too hard will actually drive the undecided people away from Unionism. People don't like being told what to think.

That is the sort of statement that Unionists get laughed at for making. So far from reality that even Unionists will surely see that you know nothing on the subject. :lol:

To be fair, the statements made by most nationalists (William Wallace, Freedom!!!, Oil, blah blah blah people) are far funnier. Look at the previous posts of the muppet who started this thread for example.

Thankfully it will NEVER happen as Alex Salmond has no intention of making Scotland independent. As per normal for the slimy weasel he would much rather see England sever the ties without having to do anything.I wish we had a Britain that was one big country that we could all have a pride in but unless the BNP get in we aren't going to get it.

Tsk tsk young un.

I've did a fair degree of research into said independance, and after an initial period of between 5 and 10 years of 'hardship' we would start to stand well and truly on our own and be better off as a nation than as an insignificant part of the UK. As long as whatever party who are elected to run the said independant Scotland invest the obvious generated income wisely in more longer term solutions than fossil fuel extraction.

Ask yourself why doesn't the Westminster government want rid of the 'drain on UK resources' if we are such?

Oh aye! Can see Gordon Brown waking up and thinking "We're scrot high in this recession...lets get rid of the oil from Scotland". Independence is a daft idea at the moment due to the economy. Why break off when the world is in a terrible financial state adding more issues already to what could be a potential disaster. Scotland doesn't have the industry it used to and we'd struggle economically.

We get vastly more out of the Union than we contribute

Exactly. As it stands every Scot gets more spent on them by government than their English counterparts.

Archived