Scots Independence Referendum

Guest RTB

Scots Independence  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Support for the SNP is growing with every passing year. It must be galling for the Labour Party to watch Alex Salmond use Holyrood as a platform to further the independence cause. The reason they set up the devolved parliament in the first place was to neuter the nats and sew up Scotland as a cosy little red region on the political map.

Well it hasn't exactly worked out that way. After just a couple of terms, the SNP are effectively calling the shots and we are motoring towards a future outwith the UK. Not quite a mathematical certainty but all statistical indicators point firmly towards independence.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would put the same question to you but I don't have all night...

Dealing in relative terms, I'm disappointed by recent input. Particularly the rise of Colkitto to prominence.

Still a wee fud i see.

He's pro-independence. Your entire thread has sought to catagorise everyone as Unionists or pro-Independence, so shouldn't you be grateful for his support to "the cause" :huh:

Hmmm, NO!!!!

I don't like him or the way he categorises people and he knows this already.

He is a hindrance not a benefit, i can't be bothered with people that are obsessed by political correctness.

p.s he should also be careful about what he posts for his own sake!!!!!

Thats because Swampy, Pink Freud, myself and HB represent the cream of what this forum has to offer in terms of style and power. The kids aspire to have the same significance and individuality as us, but have a long way to go! :D

I was referring to the more 'grown-up' posters. ;)

Hmmm, NO!!!!

I don't like him or the way he categorises people and he knows this already.

He is a hindrance not a benefit, i can't be bothered with people that are obsessed by political correctness.

p.s he should also be careful about what he posts for his own sake!!!!!

I'm not a nationalist. I can see the clear difference in opinion. I'm okay with that.

Can you say the same?

I'm not a nationalist. I can see the clear difference in opinion. I'm okay with that.

Can you say the same?

Are you pro-independence though? You always seem to set out cases for it when the issue is raised?

I was referring to the more 'grown-up' posters. ;)

Can you say the same?

I believe in Independence for Scotland i have too many different views to be A Nat or anything else.

I have stated to you many times that i won't join or agree with any single political party because i won't always agree with them and i speak my mind no matter what.

You are obsessed with political correctness, something i see as the enemy of freedom.

He's pro-independence. Your entire thread has sought to catagorise everyone as Unionists or pro-Independence, so shouldn't you be grateful for his support to "the cause" :huh:

Actually, quite early in the thread I did point out a significant difference between pro-union and pro-independence posters. The pro-independence posters are willing to criticise other pro-independence posters on the lunatic fringe, whereas the Unionists like to be seen as one happy family and are unwilling to criticise their lunatic fringe.

Actually, quite early in the thread I did point out a significant difference between pro-union and pro-independence posters. The pro-independence posters are willing to criticise other pro-independence posters on the lunatic fringe, whereas the Unionists like to be seen as one happy family and are unwilling to criticise their lunatic fringe.

This will be despite the fact that in the opening two pages, certain Unionists rubbished some of the claims made by The Trainbairn, who is also pro-Union?

We should stop believing in the fairytale that Scotland will wake up a day after independence and become richer. It won't. We'd have to work bloody hard to restructure our society with state responsibility. I personally believe in smaller states where my voice is more likely to be represented in politics, and I also believe that the mythical identity of 'Scotland' - if such a entity exists - needs a kick up the arse instead of being a glut of public sector shite and not much else.

Only independence, for me, would see to that.

Are you pro-independence though? You always seem to set out cases for it when the issue is raised?

That's what I said and I voted 'For'. Wouldn't hesitate for a minute.

I believe in Independence for Scotland i have too many different views to be A Nat or anything else.

I have stated to you many times that i won't join or agree with any single political party because i won't always agree with them and i speak my mind no matter what.

You are obsessed with political correctness, something i see as the enemy of freedom.

Feel free to speak your mind, if nothing else it is different and can be thought-provoking. It's clear by now though that I'm not going to agree with you over quite a few issues.

I don't quite understand the PC thing - I never have tbh. Feel free to PM me why you think that is or something like that as it's a complete blank to me.

Now.. time for drink. :)

This will be despite the fact that in the opening two pages, certain Unionists rubbished some of the claims made by The Trainbairn, who is also pro-Union?

There is hope for you with a tweak here and there. I think i can change your mind about independence in the long term due to the fact that you can see the truth but you are not easily persuaded though that's a good thing.

There is hope for you with a tweak here and there. I think i can change your mind about independence in the long term due to the fact that you can see the truth but you are not easily persuaded though that's a good thing.

No, I just treat the arguements on merit. From both sides. If they lack empirical proof or accurate evidence, pro-Independence, pro-Union, pro-Nationalist, anti-nationalist, I will criticise and disregard it.

Edit: I notice you said "I think I can change your mind", whilst being the person who coined "Britwashed". Can you not see the irony there?

That's what I said and I voted 'For'. Wouldn't hesitate for a minute.

Feel free to speak your mind, if nothing else it is different and can be thought-provoking.

I always will don't worry about that. I have many ideas but i don't need a degree to justify them, in-fact im the anti-degree man.

I don't have to quote this or that said by some-one else i can think for myself.

If they lack empirical proof or accurate evidence, pro-Independence, pro-Union, pro-Nationalist, anti-nationalist, I will criticise and disregard it.

But how can anyone see into the future and prove what would be the best financial option for Scotland? If this were possible, there would be no stock market and no gambling as those in the know would hoover everything up.

Speculation is the name of the game.

Edit: I notice you said "I think I can change your mind", whilst being the person who coined "Britwashed". Can you not see the irony there?

Yes.

You also come across as an intelligent young man in some ways so there is hope for you yet.

But how can anyone see into the future and prove what would be the best financial option for Scotland? If this were possible, there would be no stock market and no gambling as those in the know would hoover everything up.

Speculation is the name of the game.

I'm not saying anyone could. What we can do, however, is examine what is likely to happen based on a lot of number crunching. I have yet to see an economic case for an Independent Scotland which looked likely to make us better off, and those that have initially seemed to do so have been shown upon further examination to have inherent weaknesses.

shown upon further examination to have inherent weaknesses.

Why always pick up on weakness? This is full on Jocko pick out what we are a shite at rather than what we are good at.

Why always pick up on weakness? This is full on Jocko pick out what we are a shite at rather than what we are good at.

Because when dealing with the Economy, weaknesses are every bit as important, if not more important when determining the extent to which it would succeed.

It's not a question of what we're good at or bad at. It's a question about what will be the best for the Scottish Economy. And it isn't (based on what I've seen) any of the economic proposals put forward by those in favour of independence.

Archived