Band Of Brothers

McMuffin

did it air on bbc2? I thought it was after 10 on bbc1.

Band of Brothers, showing Monday November 10th on BBC 2 at 11:20pm

First shown on BBC Two in 2001, here's the start of a re-run of the much acclaimed drama series, which follows the US 101st Airborne Division's "Easy" E-Company from initial training, through D-Day and across Europe until the end of the Second World War.

Band of Brothers, showing Monday November 10th on BBC 2 at 11:20pm

First shown on BBC Two in 2001, here's the start of a re-run of the much acclaimed drama series, which follows the US 101st Airborne Division's "Easy" E-Company from initial training, through D-Day and across Europe until the end of the Second World War.

cheers i had thought it was bbc1, was it shown twice in the week in the initial run? maybe that's why i'm confused, must wiki it.

Band of brothers is one of the best series i have EVER watched.

Makes it more poignant when they do the batallion picture with the dead guys

disappearing

Also the episode with the camp, I broke my heart. As someone said on here school kids should be made to watch it. Also check out the extras DVD.

And for the price at the moment snap it up.

Nick Griffin should be made to watch it IMO

By some strange coincidence, I decided to start watching this on Monday night and I'm now up to Episode 2.

Strangely, Virgin On Demand only have the first seven episodes so I'll need to borrow it from a mate to see the last 3.

They tend to release episodes in batches - you will probably get the last 3 at the beginning of December

Was it not shot on location in the UK and parts of mainland Europe?

If so you can understand why the majority of actors are British.

Aye, I realise the reasons, I just don't have a proper grip on how to use smilies to make it clear that I'm being toungue-in-cheek :D . A lousy attempt at bad humour :( . That said, I was impressed that they all carry it off, someone watching it without recognising the faces of the Brit actors could be forgiven for thinking it's an all-American cast (there may be an exception but I can't think of any).

FWIW I got the tinned box-set from HMV for £14.99 about three years ago. Even though I'd already watched it on telly, it was money well spent.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ally's honest man
I love Dick Winters, actually love his mind and soul. And he'd fuckn well batter Chuck Norris in a fight if he had to. Top bloke.

Having watched the extras dvd The pride in the face of that man when he spoke of his fallen heroes. A true hero!!!!

Arguably the most famous episode "Why We Fight" is just about to finish on BBC2, and I'm sitting with a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat.

Truely harrowing stuff, but wonderful television.

yep, always overlooked in the 'top 100' lists, but it is without doubt one of the most powerful images TV has ever produced, that is why TV was invented.

I really enjoy this show, may sit back wit a few beers and enjoy it having a quiet weekend this one. Havent watched it for ages. Having got the box set for ma xmas a couple of years ago. Can remember when it was first on the telly and having to stay up till some ridicoulous time to watch it