Band Of Brothers

McMuffin

Band of Brothers is full of Brits. I have trouble telling which actor is American and who's British.

I said I prefer films about the British rather than about the Americans. You're right about the actors though, Brits must make up about half the cast. :huh: Probably ran out of American actors, don't imagine there's too many about. :P

You're right about the actors though, Brits must make up about half the cast. :huh: Probably ran out of American actors, don't imagine there's too many about. :P

Was it not shot on location in the UK and parts of mainland Europe?

If so you can understand why the majority of actors are British.

Series was originally a book.

Sour note is that the guy David Schwimmer played read what the rest of the guys thought of him and commited suicide, or so I've heard.

Author of the book was Stephen Ambrose, he's done a few good Second World War books.

Series was originally a book.

Sour note is that the guy David Schwimmer played read what the rest of the guys thought of him and commited suicide, or so I've heard.

I've just read Wikipedia, Herbert Sobel was his name and he attempted it. Terrible shame, it was quite a scathing representation of him.

I have been watching a few of the episodes now on BBC2 and i think the shows amazing. Really is a good show. Probely loads of yous have seen it too. For those who haven't your missing a great show.

Clip

Just wanting to see what people think of the show really?

Truly excellent. I've got it on DVD and never tire of watching it. Dont really have a particularly favourite episode, but "Why We Fight" is exceptional.

Why wait till then.

There is a link to Amazon for it on page one of this thread for£15.90

Considering not long ago it was £60.00.

Because i'm difficult to buy for. So my family will be buying me Band of Brothers along with The Simpsons Halloween Specials, Peep Show latest series and possible a Rovers top. I could buy these things myself but that would leave me unwrapping a chocolate orange at xmas, when they're passing round the presents. ;)

books good too..like the interviews before and after the episodes..on the dvd the guy who plays dixon`s video diaries are class.

ric,what CoD do you play?we got a coupla pc tdm servers..all welcome

cod 4 85.234.149.210:28929

cod u/o 62.67.42.32:28960

By some strange coincidence, I decided to start watching this on Monday night and I'm now up to Episode 2.

Strangely, Virgin On Demand only have the first seven episodes so I'll need to borrow it from a mate to see the last 3.

It's a series I could watch again and again and again.

I watched it when it was aired the first time on BBC2 and always scour SKY to see if its on anywhere else, so that can watch it again.

I've got the set in the tin box for about £14.99 about a year ago and it was almost watched to death.

Edited by Sideshow

It's a series I could watch again and again and again.

I watched it when it was aired the first time on BBC2 and always scour SKY to see if its on anywhere else, so that can watch it again.

did it air on bbc2? I thought it was after 10 on bbc1.