Band Of Brothers

McMuffin

On 19/08/2018 at 15:07, 19QOS19 said:
On 19/08/2018 at 12:57, SpiderDee said:
Just picked the blu ray box set up from amazon for 15 quid. Can't wait to start watching it

The Germans lose. Hahaha ruined it for you!

That’s Titanic you fool.

Watching Why We Fight on Sky Atlantic. No words....
I'm quite keen on the history of WWII and for some reason it wasn't until I watched that episode that I realised the Allies had no clue such things existed. We're well aware of those horrors nowadays and to an extent are somewhat desensitised by it now. I can't begin to imagine how folk witnessing that felt. It was shot very well in the show. The guys had been through so much and yet that left them speechless.

• 3 months later...
Rewatched The Pacific over the past few days. Definitely a very good series, but suffers slightly with constantly being looked down on compared to Band of Brothers.
It is a good program (not as good as Band of Brothers). It is looked down due to it being considered a follow up to Band of Brothers and if it came first it would he more highly rated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Bump

Apparently a new miniseries following on from BOB is coming called "Masters of the Air". Spielberg and Hanks returning to produce, same writer aswell.

Being made by Apple TV though not HBO so not sure how much that will affect production quality.

If it's anything like Band of brothers or to a lesser extent the Pacific though then should be superb.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Looks like there's another series coming to the franchise;

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/band-of-brothers.html
Maybe a little concerning that despite the success of BoB and The Pacific that HBO turned down this one. It also seems to have been in the planning/development stages for a long time without any real update.

3 hours ago, spud131 said:
23 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
Looks like there's another series coming to the franchise;

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/band-of-brothers.html

Maybe a little concerning that despite the success of BoB and The Pacific that HBO turned down this one. It also seems to have been in the planning/development stages for a long time without any real update.

Probably because the air battles they would look to do would cost a fortune.

• 1 year later...

Have watched this series about 5 times. My favourite TV show of all time, it is fantastic and has aged incredibly well. 

Finished the audiobook a few days ago. It adds a fair bit of missed detail and is a very good listen/read. There is an abridged version also but I'd recommend the 13hr one. 

The Pacific is also superb, for anyone who hasn't watched it, it's worth going out of your way to see.