Band Of Brothers

McMuffin

Also, there was talk earlier in the thread about all the actors they spotted, a lot of them British, the guy who played Liebgott was also British, as well as Albert Blithe and Tom Hardy made a sneaky wee appearance, or not so sneaky as he was shagged some German girl.

Additionally, Lt. Speirs is fucking ace.

Edited by Drake

I loved the bit when he ran right through the German village and then back again and the time when they were talking about the "rumours" of the POW's and the drunken man and he goes and offers then a cigarette. :lol:

Edited by Sooky

I loved the bit when he ran right through the German village and then back again and the time when they were talking about the "rumours" of the POW's and the drunken man and he goes and offers then a cigarette. :lol:

Aye, that was brilliant.

Anyone else shouting at the TV when

Wild Bill was rescuing Joe?

I was like "RUN FUCKING RUN HURRY UP"

Then they got shelled.

:(

Also, there was talk earlier in the thread about all the actors they spotted, a lot of them British, the guy who played Liebgott was also British, as well as Albert Blithe and Tom Hardy made a sneaky wee appearance, or not so sneaky as he was shagged some German girl.

Simon Pegg too,very briefly though.

loved band of brothers , has anyone seen pacific , whats the gist of it ? and would you recommend it ? cheers

Well "Band of Brothers" was about US airborne troops in Europe, "The Pacific" is about US marines in the Pacific Theater of Operations. More action but less character development - which results in the viewer having less of a 'connection' with the characters (or that applied to me at least). Obviously it was never going to be as good as "BoB" but it is still a good watch.

There are actually a lot of British actors in the series. Mainly due to the fact that a great deal of the filming was done in the U.K. But If I remember correctly, when it was being made they were also looking for fairly unknown actors so that the audience wouldn't relate to them from previous roles they had played. Not sure who's all been mentioned but apart from the one's you have pointed out, the other british actors I can think of are - Winters (Damien Lewis), Babe Heffron (Robin Laing), Doc Roe (Shane Taylor), SGT Martin (Dexter Fletcher) Cobb (don't remember actors name) and Harry Welsh (Again, Don't recall the actors name). James McAvoy also makes an appearence in a couple of episodes before getting owned! I'm sure there are more than that too.

What you should do now is watch The Dark Knight. Particularly the scene with the two boats that The Joker tries to get to blow each other up and see how many actors you can spot from Band Of Brothers. I'll admit I'm a sad f**k and got excited in the cinema when I noticed them.

EDIT: There are also quite a few cameo's from big actors who are just in the background. Mark Wahlberg is standing behind Donnie Wahlberg in one scene, Tom Hanks is in it as a British paratrooper and Jimmy Fallen is a jeep driver in it who takes them to Bastogne. Ralph Little was also supposed to be in it but he took the piss out of Tom Hanks' appearance in pre-filming as he was filming Cast Away at the time and he got sacked.

Edited by CitizenSnips

There are actually a lot of British actors in the series. Mainly due to the fact that a great deal of the filming was done in the U.K. But If I remember correctly, when it was being made they were also looking for fairly unknown actors so that the audience wouldn't relate to them from previous roles they had played. Not sure who's all been mentioned but apart from the one's you have pointed out, the other british actors I can think of are - Winters (Damien Lewis), Babe Heffron (Robin Laing), Doc Roe (Shane Taylor), SGT Martin (Dexter Fletcher) Cobb (don't remember actors name) and Harry Welsh (Again, Don't recall the actors name). James McAvoy also makes an appearence in a couple of episodes before getting owned! I'm sure there are more than that too.

What you should do now is watch The Dark Knight. Particularly the scene with the two boats that The Joker tries to get to blow each other up and see how many actors you can spot from Band Of Brothers. I'll admit I'm a sad f**k and got excited in the cinema when I noticed them.

EDIT: There are also quite a few cameo's from big actors who are just in the background. Mark Wahlberg is standing behind Donnie Wahlberg in one scene, Tom Hanks is in it as a British paratrooper and Jimmy Fallen is a jeep driver in it who takes them to Bastogne. Ralph Little was also supposed to be in it but he took the piss out of Tom Hanks' appearance in pre-filming as he was filming Cast Away at the time and he got sacked.

Simon Pegg might have already been mentioned, but he is in it.

Aye, he is in a jeep in one of the earlier episodes and delivers the court martial papers to Winters im sure. I think he makes an appearance later as well.

In the book(and real life too,i suppose)Sgt Evans is killed on the D-day landings,don't remember him being in the tv series after the first two.

In the book(and real life too,i suppose)Sgt Evans is killed on the D-day landings,don't remember him being in the tv series after the first two.

Aye i think you're right. Was he not on the same plane as Meehan?

• 3 weeks later...

Watching it for the billionth time on DVD. It is the greatest thing ever produced for TV.

Simon Pegg's character is killed over Normandy before the jump.

James MacAvoy appears only in Replacements when he is killed in the town of Nuenen.

Craig Heaney plays Private Cobb.

Rick Warden plays Harry Welsh.