Band Of Brothers

McMuffin

The episode where they find the concentration camp never fails to make me weep like a child. Harrowing.

Pete i just watched that yesterday..and i had tears in my eyes..i studied history and the war in particular,so it isn't that it is a great surprise to me,but it still gets you.

It is a cracking series,yes it is bloody but that is war. It also touches the human element,the comradeship the fear the futility of it all.

Maybe the likes of Blair and Bush should take a lesson from it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dont know if its been mentioned but ill repeat anyways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pacific_(miniseries)

Looking forward to it. I would say due to the drawn out nature of the Sopranos, that this is my favourite TV series of all time.

Any idea which channel/TV company has the rights, seen as the premiere is on 14th March 2010?

Just watched the trailers. Band of brothers was very well done but it was all about the Group of men with individual stories in each episode. They seem to be going a bit Hollywood (which is understandable seeing the production team) with the stories revolving around three main guys from start to finish. It may get slightly cheesy if there are constant flashbacks to their home town gal and the like.

Looks as if a lot of money has been put into it.

Got Band of Brothers on Blu Ray for Christmas.

I honestly didn't think anything could top The Wire for astonishing television, however the concentration camp episode was just heartbreaking.

Really looking forward to The Pacific. Pity I just got rid of Sky Movies.

• 1 year later...

I got it for xmas and it really is great. I pretty much watched it all back to back! The 9th episode(as I can't put spoilers on my blackberry so I won't mention what happens) is possibly the saddest thing that I have ever saw on TV.

Just finished watching this, it's simply terrific.

My favourite episodes were the ones which followed Doc Roe and Lipton.

As Sooky has said, the 9th episode was horrific and sad.

Is the 9th episode the Bastogne one? That must have been an incredible experience for those soldiers. Excellent series.

Is the 9th episode the Bastogne one? That must have been an incredible experience for those soldiers. Excellent series.

No, the ninth one is the concentration camps. I think Bastogne was the the 7th?