Band Of Brothers

McMuffin

It's fucking good isn't it?

First time I watched it through was a few years ago when I had the man flu, and having watched a few on the disgraceful midnight shift on BBC2 it's not lost any of it's appeal or impact. I'd put it above 24 and The Wire in "Man TV".

Those who haven't seen it need to splash the cash here. £15 you'll be delighted you spent, despite it being a tenner a fortnight ago.

CURRAHEE

Watched the series when it was first on, that and the Vietnam one (Tour of Duty?) in the early 90's have easily been the best war based dramas.

The great thing about Band of Brothers is that it's loosely based on a true story and I think the box set has interviews with the surivivng memebers who describe what happened and it ties in well with the Hollywood take on it.

Also, being a CoD player of many years, Band of Brothers locations seem all to "real" to me. In fact I probably know each inch of Carentan the map on CoD (which was based on the episode of the same name, and the town in Northern France) better than I do my local neighbourhood.

carentanzm6.jpg

Staying up 'till 1:30AM to watch this.

Should really use SKY + more.

:lol:

Really harrowing episode last night, especially as you know it actually happened.

Schoolkids should be made to watch this.

Have to agree. I tend not to like the American stuff, I prefer my war films to be about the British but this is a stunning mini-series and I can't rate it highly enough. A great watch and worth £15 of anyones' money.

Band of Brothers is full of Brits. I have trouble telling which actor is American and who's British. Damien Lewis is incredible, as is Shane Taylor.

Frank John Hughes steals the show IMHO.

Apropos of nothing, who's got the brilliant BoB sig on this site with Harry Welsh in the clown wig throwing the custard pie at Carentan? It's a scream.

Guest Ally's honest man

Band of brothers is one of the best series i have EVER watched.

Makes it more poignant when they do the batallion picture with the dead guys

disappearing

Also the episode with the camp, I broke my heart. As someone said on here school kids should be made to watch it. Also check out the extras DVD.

And for the price at the moment snap it up.

Apropos of nothing, who's got the brilliant BoB sig on this site with Harry Welsh in the clown wig throwing the custard pie at Carentan? It's a scream.

DJ Chapsticks

EDIT:

He's not all cool. His bestest most favourite movie of all time is Ghost.

Edited by Thundermonkey