Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

I'm technically from East Wemyss, so I'm really a snob.

Back in the day there was a house opposite the primary school that the owner, who obviously had more money than sense, had 'Ibrox' in gold leaf in the fan light above his front door, I take it that you share the same snobbery?

Dunfermline town centre is horrific atm.

Just running back through this thread with vague memories (I'm guessing it's been merged with an older one) and saw this.

I noticed on a recent trip that they've now closed the High Street McDonalds. How the fcuk can a McDonalds bang in the centre of one of Scotland's largest towns close down??? :huh:

Can't see that fire station getting a new use any time soon either unless they flatten it. Same applies to the Dunlop factory right behind it which has been like that throughout my living memory. At least the Tesco site has taken shape.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Just running back through this thread with vague memories (I'm guessing it's been merged with an older one) and saw this.

I noticed on a recent trip that they've closed the High Street McDonalds. How the fcuk can a McDonalds bang in the centre of one of Scotland's largest towns close down??? :huh:

Can't see that fire station getting a new use any time soon either unless they flatten it. Same applies to the Dunlop factory right behind it which has been like that throughout my living memory.

Across the street used to be BK, it closed down as well.

Re. the other buildings, they are listed and further use is restricted.

Across the street used to be BK, it closed down as well. Re. the other buildings, they are listed and further use is restricted.

Ah, cheers. Who the hell decided to 'list' the fire station? Probably a rare architectural form of Neo Fife Deco or something? :unsure2:

You can't help but see the irony in having the huge and consistently derelict site just opposite it's matching building which was gifted by (and named after) Carnegie, one of the wealthiest men in the entirety of human history.

That BK used to have a ball pit in the middle of it if I remember correctly.

Edited by Hedgecutter

In my defence Invergowrie is at least in #perthshire despite being the other side of a drystane dyke from Dundee.

Strange that it's in Dundee but PK Council, I've got a United supporting QS mate who plays junior football that stays in Invergowrie... No you is it? :lol:

Strange that it's in Dundee but PK Council

I raise you Aberdeen which isn't in Aberdeenshire. To add to it, the Aberdeenshire Council HQ building isn't even within it's own council area (fun fact). Makes me wonder if Aberdeen City Council charge them council tax?

Strange that it's in Dundee but PK Council, I've got a United supporting QS mate who plays junior football that stays in Invergowrie... No you is it? :lol:

No I gave up playing about 5 stone ago.

It's not in Dundee as such. Its connected now but in my lifetime it was seperated from ninewells and Perth road by fields which have now had housing, the medipark and technology park built on them.

Liff is another village soon to be surrounded and subsumed by DCCs insatiable hunger for lebensraum.

Back in the day there was a house opposite the primary school that the owner, who obviously had more money than sense, had 'Ibrox' in gold leaf in the fan light above his front door, I take it that you share the same snobbery?

That's my house. WATP and all that jazz. I loved when Time Team came to film the caves. I must have only been around 15/16 at the time and the security guards looking after the generators had said no one had ever stolen from them before.

The next day a generator was found in deepest, darkest McDuff. Now, that place is interesting.

The next day a generator was found in deepest, darkest McDuff. Now, that place is interesting.

I presume you're talking about the Aberdeenshire port where Moray Cup comes from rather than the castle at East Wemyss?

"money" you say? Perhaps he's the man to return The Rangers to their rightful place in Scottish football...

I noticed on a recent trip that they've now closed the High Street McDonalds. How the fcuk can a McDonalds bang in the centre of one of Scotland's largest towns close down??? :huh:

Can't see that fire station getting a new use any time soon either unless they flatten it. Same applies to the Dunlop factory right behind it which has been like that throughout my living memory. At least the Tesco site has taken shape.

Don't laugh but the old fire station is getting turned into an art gallery.

Wasnt it yourself who said that your main aspiration for life was to one day make a move to Monfiieth/Broughty Ferry? :lol:

Aye. Broughty Ferry is a suburb of Dundee but I said Broughty Ferry to be more specific? Monifieth is in Angus technically. Also postcodes dont really mean to much Arbroath has a Dundee District postcode, Friockheim has the same postcode as Arbroath too.