Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

e2a - and folk from West Coast hell holes like Greenock slagging anywhere off, oh dearie me how tragic.

Given that you're too thick to grasp where the west coast of your own country is, I think we'll be disregarding your review straight off the bat.

A decision confirmed by your claim to live in a complete bin like Falkirk. Thanks for playing anyway.

Edited by vikingTON

That's a picture of Gourock ya dafty.

(Which is a lovely wee toon)

Which is taken from Greenock, which is the point: even though Greenock itself looks terrible, the view is absolutely tremendous from most parts of the town. No point sitting in Helensburgh thinking 'Well I'm sure this side of the water looks brilliant from over there' when you have a view of Greenock and everyone in Greenock has stunning scenery.

Nice on! :thumsup2

I suppose its crazy to think of all the places in Scotland I've never been to - Falkirk Stirling, Motherwell, livingston, Paisley East Kilbride Hamilton Airdrie and Greenock to name but a few.

Where have you been? Have you never visited football grounds?

Where have you been? Have you never visited football grounds?

I have been to a lot of places, moved to Glasgow and lived there for a couple years, lived in Inverness and few other places then went travelling and now live Edinburgh. Have never had the need to go to any of these places i listed, why would i go to any of them?

I have been to a lot of places, moved to Glasgow and lived there for a couple years, lived in Inverness and few other places then went travelling and now live Edinburgh. Have never had the need to go to any of these places i listed, why would i go to any of them?

It's a football forum, most people on here will travel about watching games. The main/only reason I go anywhere is to watch football.

It's a football forum, most people on here will travel about watching games. The main/only reason I go anywhere is to watch football.

Thats fair enough then! I like travelling about and seeing new places. I don't have a car at moment but if i did i would like to go on a trip around Fife and see all the towns there, even though I've lived in Edinburgh i don't really know the area around about it that well just the city itself

Edited by throbber

From East Kilbride.

819e8e5158e86fc2894c43d20c89ff84.jpg

East Kilbride is a great place to stay.

The worst area in the town (Greenhills) is absolutely nowhere near as bad as any of the numerous appalling areas in Greenock - a town roughly half the size of East Kilbride.

When the amount of roundabouts we have in the town is used as a stick to beat us with, you know people are scrambling for relevance.

But yes, I'd rather live in a drug-ridden Greenock slum because I have a nice view of the Clyde from my damp flat.

The worst area in the town (Greenhills) is absolutely nowhere near as bad as any of the numerous appalling areas in Greenock - a town roughly half the size of East Kilbride.

When the amount of roundabouts we have in the town is used as a stick to beat us with, you know people are scrambling for relevance.

But yes, I'd rather live in a drug-ridden Greenock slum because I have a nice view of the Clyde from my damp flat.

Eks no bad , sure the place lacks a bit of imagination like any 60s new town , housing scheme but it is not that a rough a place. Cumbernauld on the other hand is grim as f**k

That's a picture of Gourock ya dafty.

(Which is a lovely wee toon)

Read my post untermensch. I said blessed with beautiful views, this is taken from Greenock, hence it is one of the beautiful views.

Another view

View%2BFrom%2BLyle%2BHill.%2BGreenock.jp

This must be the second or third time I've seen the view from Greenock being hailed as massive plus point. If you're in one of the larger houses in the West End, I'm sure it adds to the attraction but it's hardly going to be of massive benefit to some scheme goblin in the shit areas.

It's unfair to brand large towns like Falkirk, Stirling, Inverness, Dunferline etc as 'shite' when they are large enough to have a some very nice areas as well as some dumps.

I made some disparaging remark about a diddy club and on of their fans tried the old 'you live in Glasgow :lol: ' as if if it were a negative. The West End (the properly good bit, not the studenty bit) is sensaysh.

Size matters, on that basis the average favella is better than EK?

And when you bring up something I had not mentioned a blind man galloping by on a fast horse knows you're losing the debate.

Aye because there's no junkies or shit housing in EK.

Edited by Tom McB

This must be the second or third time I've seen the view from Greenock being hailed as massive plus point. If you're in one of the larger houses in the West End, I'm sure it adds to the attraction but it's hardly going to be of massive benefit to some scheme goblin in the shit areas.

It's unfair to brand large towns like Falkirk, Stirling, Inverness, Dunferline etc as 'shite' when they are large enough to have a some very nice areas as well as some dumps.

I made some disparaging remark about a diddy club and on of their fans tried the old 'you live in Glasgow :lol: ' as if if it were a negative. The West End (the properly good bit, not the studenty bit) is sensaysh.

Absolutely, I'm sure it's no consolation if you're living in a dreadful area, while of course some of most deprived parts of Greenock are those with no view. Still though, taking the town as a whole it is a plus point that similar West of Scotland post-industrial wastelands don't have. Doesn't mean parts of Greenock aren't in a terrible state, but it's still a good thing.

Agreed on the large towns. Obviously some areas of larger towns can be among the worst in the country, but if they're big enough to have nice areas too as Stirling, Paisley and the likes do, they can't be worse than towns that are completely fucking awful and have no redeeming features.

Edit: Cracking picture Slenderman. The thing I really miss about living in Gourock is the view at sunset.

Edited by Dunning1874