Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

Guest The Phoenix

Ok Menstrie wins

Fair point.

The Hillfoots are pretty depressing in general.

Even Dollar's got some depressing bits.

Get about a bit with the work and have been most places in Scotland. Worst i've seen is Buckhaven in the KOF. One of those places where you can feel the eyes on you as soon as you drive in.

Special mention to Cumbernauld, horrible place with little maze-like walkway schemes. Means the closest parking spot to some houses is a good 5 minute walk away from the front door. Not nice walks on a dark winters evening either.

Guest The Phoenix

Obviously never been to the Hillfoots .

Surprising.

As a Sauchie Juniors fan, I'd have thought you'd be a regular visitor.

Fort William ,,,,in my mind this was a scenic west coast fishing village but when I went.....wtf !! I thought I was in Whitburn ,,,shiiiiiittttttthhoooooolllllllllllllleeeeee.

I've played fitba in both the West amd the East of Scotland and the nastiest folk that I ever had the misfortune to meet, both on and off the park, were the denizens of Whitburn. Really unpleasant people with actual and threatened violence never very far away, and a pub close to the Juniors' ground that made the boozer in Star Wars seem like a haven of peace and quiet . :angry:

Tullibody is worse

I was brought up in Tullibody. It's not that bad nowadays. It used to be a shitehole years ago but as I said earlier in the thread about Alloa due to the amount of new houses being built in Clackmannanshire the whole county is a different place compared to what it was like 15/20 years ago.

It still has its rough places but they are nowhere near as bad as places like the raploch, cornton, st ninians, fallin, plean and a few other places in Falkirk/Stirlingshire.

I would say the worse thing about the area though is the amount of gloryhunters with petty excuses to support the old firm. At least Alloa in the past couple of years have been trying to get the community involved in the club and early this year signed a sponsorship deal with Taylor Wimpey that every new house TW sell the household get a free season ticket. The deal is apparently worth the same as our shirt deal.

Edited by BigMartyn86

Torry in Aberdeen is apparently best avoided.

Yep... i had a mate from there and stayed at his years ago one night after a night out in aberdeen. Frightening... up there with some of the worst schemes in glasgow IMO

I was brought up in Tullibody. It's not that bad nowadays. It used to be a shitehole years ago but as I said earlier in the thread about Alloa due to the amount of new houses being built in Clackmannanshire the whole county is a different place compared to what it was like 15/20 years ago.

It still has its rough places but they are nowhere near as bad as places like the raploch, cornton, st ninians, fallin, plean and a few other places in Falkirk/Stirlingshire.

I would say the worse thing about the area though is the amount of gloryhunters with petty excuses to support the old firm. At least Alloa in the past couple of years have been trying to get the community involved in the club and early this year signed a sponsorship deal with Taylor Wimpey that every new house TW sell the household get a free season ticket. The deal is apparently worth the same as our shirt deal.

Wouldnt be like you to slag off stirlingshire and stick up for clacks eh martin ;) ??

Seriously though ive always thought tullibody was a reasonable enough place.. not the worst in the county by any means. Aside from the Mar Policies obviously id give that title to Sauchie, a very dodgy part of the place IMO :( .. I actually stayed there years ago in Lochbrae, with a bunny boiler ex of mine and there were about three known drug dealers/money lenders in the same block as us.

Regarding Fallin, im actually from there and its actually a reasonably okay village, nice houses and no real poverty issues except for the major problem of it being an inbred redneck bigoted sectarian poisonous sash bash hellhole !! :lol:

Wouldnt be like you to slag off stirlingshire and stick up for clacks eh martin ;) ??

Seriously though ive always thought tullibody was a reasonable enough place.. not the worst in the county by any means. Aside from the Mar Policies obviously id give that title to Sauchie, a very dodgy part of the place IMO :( .. I actually stayed there years ago in Lochbrae, with a bunny boiler ex of mine and there were about three known drug dealers/money lenders in the same block as us.

Regarding Fallin, im actually from there and its actually a reasonably okay village, nice houses and no real poverty issues except for the major problem of it being an inbred redneck bigoted sectarian poisonous sash bash hellhole !! :lol:

You get about. I'll give you that.

There's plenty of nice places in Stirlingshire as well. My grans side of the family are from places like Bannockburn, Cambusbarron and Stirling. Also got family from Fallin. No surprises that they are/were massive Rangers fans. They have been season ticket holders at ibrox for years and my cousin the last time I heard had renewed his season ticket for sevco. Still doesn't stop me from giving them abuse about being gloryhunters. As much as I hate the albion I would much prefer they supported them instead of gloryhunting.

Ive never stayed in Airdrie but i get the feeling itd be like a larger version of Fallin ;)

There's a lot of fallin' about.

Airdrie, like Rome is built on 7 hills. Also like Rome people sit at the pavement drinking wine.

ETA Probably not so many Catholics right enough!

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

There's a lot of fallin' about.

Airdrie, like Rome is built on 7 hills. Also like Rome people sit at the pavement drinking wine.

A few boys who sit near me at CP are from nearby coatbridge... the town that got everything from the council . Airdrie got the swings repainted they said :lol: