Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

When someone quite high up in my company said he was Greenock I had to stop my self from laughing but still let out a sympathetic "ooooh" as in "unlucky". Kinda regret it - hope he saw it as some friendly Paisley Greenock banter unsure.gif

But yeah it does have nice scenery, and some fucking cracking schools/football pitches. Its reputation preceeds it but it probably doesn't deserve to be on this thread, although neither does Paisley.

I had another street view around Howatshaws and want to renominate it. - worse than Rigside IMO.

Living in Stirling, I've heard stories about various mutants from Raploch and how undesirable a place it is. Imagine my surprise when I decide to talk a walk around it on google maps and see this:

Raploch

I know is probably one of those "one in a million" photos and Raploch is actually a hole, but that looks like something out of the Olympic Village! Definately better than places like Feegie Park, Auchinleck, Easterhouse and the East end of Glasgow.

Theyve knocked down most of the shitehole part of it and built a shitload of new council houses.. the big building on the right is the newish community campus.

That houses Raploch Primary and St Marys Primary as well as a few training units, a cafe, a hairdressers, council offices etc.

Most of the scummy neds etc have been papped out to St Ninians and the Cornton, although being the Rap-Tap a few still remain.

The drive past Rigside on the main road is amazingly deceptive. Only when you enter the actual scheme do you get the true picture.

It's a bit like thinking you have a nice present because you get a box wrapped in expensive wrapping paper and tied with pretty silk ribbons, but when you open the box there's a big,steaming,hot jobby sitting there. Not the best analogy in the world but it's the best you're going to get 5 minutes before I go to my pit I'm afraid.

I'm just wondering as to the logistics/technology required to keep a jobby steaming and hot presumably an hour or two after wrapping?

I get the feeling it would be quicker to list the nice residential areas in Scotland than go through the myriad endless mutant cesspits.

However, the mention of 80s Whitfield in Dundee on page one is worth revisiting. Massive scheme with lots of open grassy areas and such, but unfortunately most of the grass was covered with dog shite. You could also barely go 20 steps without spotting an abandoned glue-bag or empty Evo Stik tube. Needles were making inroads too. Barely a week went by without someone on your landing getting their door kicked in, windows getting panned in, and some fuckers flat going up in a chip pan / ciggy fire. Broken glass everywhere, rows of garages all with their door kicked in or boarded over, barely a car parked anywhere. Pubs, chippers, off license all barred up windows and service windows. Hordes of seriously nasty c***s hassling anyone and everyone. Folk getting tied upside down to lamposts and getting a series of whole tatties rammed up their arse. Bottom 3 performing high school in Scotland many years in a row. General state of fear.

Any other survivors out there?

Edited by banana

I'm just wondering as to the logistics/technology required to keep a jobby steaming and hot presumably an hour or two after wrapping?

I get the feeling it would be quicker to list the nice residential areas in Scotland than go through the myriad endless mutant cesspits.

However, the mention of 80s Whitfield in Dundee on page one is worth revisiting. Massive scheme with lots of open grassy areas and such, but unfortunately most of the grass was covered with dog shite. You could also barely go 20 steps without spotting an abandoned glue-bag or empty Evo Stik tube. Needles were making inroads too. Barely a week went by without someone on your landing getting their door kicked in, windows getting panned in, and some fuckers flat going up in a chip pan / ciggy fire. Broken glass everywhere, rows of garages all with their door kicked in or boarded over, barely a car parked anywhere. Pubs, chippers, off license all barred up windows and service windows. Hordes of seriously nasty c***s hassling anyone and everyone. Folk getting tied upside down to lamposts and getting a series of whole tatties rammed up their arse. Bottom 3 performing high school in Scotland many years in a row. General state of fear.

Any other survivors out there?

eh?

What's Langlees in Falkirk like these days? That used to be well shady, same with Hallglen

Every time I've driven through places like Plean and Harthill it always seem to pishing with rain and there's an Orange Walk on

I'm disappointed in myself for not adding the village of Wellwood north of Dunfermline where my Gran stays to this thread already.

As illustrated by my Mum's contempt when offered a council house

Area Officer: We could offer you a house in Wellwood

Mum: I'm not moving to fucking Wellwood.

and she grew up there :lol:

Every time I've driven through places like Plean and Harthill it always seem to pishing with rain and there's an Orange Walk on

I work in Larbert so drive through Plean quite a bit. There really is no need for that place to exist.

Armadale - my God that place is grim. Honourable mentions to Holytown (which just looked completely closed) and Forth (which just looks isolated from the rest of humanity)

1342787069[/url]' post='6449695']

What's Langlees in Falkirk like these days? That used to be well shady, same with Hallglen

They Council has spent millions knocking down the flats at Inver and Birnam court and replacing them withe modern terraced housing. They've punted a lot of the undesirables down to Grangemouth and theyve moved low income working families into the new houses which has improved the area.

Greenock isn't too bad. It's got it's bad places like the Broomhill etc but there are some decent areas and a lot of the West End in particular is good. I wouldn't say I love my hometown but I don't hate it either.

Port Glasgow is a complete dump though. The newly built houses improve it I guess but I don't know if you can count them. Apart from that a lot of the town is a dump. Shame for the decent, hard working bunch who do live there though as I know some.

Exactly. Welcome to 80s Whitfield.

and it's going the same way again IMO

Linlathen and Mid are a couple of places worth visiting to laugh.gif

Cowdenbeath-Many years ago, I went to Kinross Sunday market and on leaving, took the wrong turn and ended up in Cowden.Jesus , That was the most miserable, depressing dank town i have had the displeasure of visiting NAE c**t WAS SMILING and the black pudding supper I got was pish mad.gif

and it's going the same way again IMO

Linlathen and Mid are a couple of places worth visiting to laugh.gif

Cowdenbeath-Many years ago, I went to Kinross Sunday market and on leaving, took the wrong turn and ended up in Cowden.Jesus , That was the most miserable, depressing dank town i have had the displeasure of visiting NAE c**t WAS SMILING and the black pudding supper I got was pish mad.gif

This is where you went wrong, Gaggis is the chosen puddin' in those parts.

They Council has spent millions knocking down the flats at Inver and Birnam court and replacing them withe modern terraced housing. They've punted a lot of the undesirables down to Grangemouth and theyve moved low income working families into the new houses which has improved the area.

Did they punt all the undesirables to the Charlotte Dundas bit of Grangemouth? You were chancing your luck if you went over that banana bridge

Skinflats is supposedly Dutch for 'Beautiful flats'....oh, the irony

• 3 weeks later...