Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

I'd never heard of this place so I just looked it up on Google Maps. How did this happen? It looks truly horrible.

No idea, it's truly horrendous. As soon as you drive into the place you feel a cloud of depression descend on you. Apparently it's where all the undesirables are re-housed by the council who can't be trusted to dwell in real towns.

1342461766[/url]' post='6437256']

Grangemouth isn't even one of the worst places in the Falkirk area, far less one of the worst in Scotland. Like most towns, there are good and bad areas, fortunately I live in the good area. ;)

The smell isn't always there, either that or you must get used and I'm rarely in the town on a Saturday, but can imagine it being quiet. 24 hour ASDA is where it's at.

Unless there's no breeze (whiche doesn't happen very often) most of the reek from Grangemouth ends up elsewhere.

Grangemouth isn't even one of the worst places in the Falkirk area, far less one of the worst in Scotland. Like most towns, there are good and bad areas, fortunately I live in the good area. ;)

The smell isn't always there, either that or you must get used and I'm rarely in the town on a Saturday, but can imagine it being quiet. 24 hour ASDA is where it's at.

true, Camelon is a f*ckin hell hole!!!

No idea, it's truly horrendous. As soon as you drive into the place you feel a cloud of depression descend on you. Apparently it's where all the undesirables are re-housed by the council who can't be trusted to dwell in real towns.

I'm guessing that monstrosity is one of them.

post-22047-0-35407900-1342471808_thumb.j

First: Torry in Aberdeen isna that bad. I lived there for 5 years right beside the prison and never felt unsafe. Now mebbe Northfield, Kincorth, Tilly or Seaton...............

Second. Livingston, Bathgate, Broxburn ARE shit. Maybe no by central belt standards, but I hear people are seeking assylum to North Korea........

Thirdly. Sorry to fellow Highlanders, but Dingwall. Only time I ever went into a bar and saw the barmaid? (dubious pecies let alone gender) wipe her nose on a bar towel before putting it down then serving us. the continued her chat with the only other patron about scramingly unsuccessful surgery!

On a slightly side not, worst bar I ever went ito was in Aberdeen, in Woodside. It's now a funeral home and can only be a happier place for it!

First: Torry in Aberdeen isna that bad. I lived there for 5 years right beside the prison and never felt unsafe. Now mebbe Northfield, Kincorth, Tilly or Seaton...............

Second. Livingston, Bathgate, Broxburn ARE shit. Maybe no by central belt standards, but I hear people are seeking assylum to North Korea........

Thirdly. Sorry to fellow Highlanders, but Dingwall. Only time I ever went into a bar and saw the barmaid? (dubious pecies let alone gender) wipe her nose on a bar towel before putting it down then serving us. the continued her chat with the only other patron about scramingly unsuccessful surgery!

On a slightly side not, worst bar I ever went ito was in Aberdeen, in Woodside. It's now a funeral home and can only be a happier place for it!

Fucksake, what did she have on them?

true, Camelon is a f*ckin hell hole!!!

Its still better than Girvan.

Camelon aint even in the bottom 5 places within the Falkirk locale - the likes of Bainsford, Denny and Grangemouth are all far worse than camelon. The Mouth being quite possibly the worst place on the whole of planet.

I've lived around the corner from the 524 Cocktail Bar for about 5 years and have never been in. The two big 'scary' Alsations permanently sitting outside the entrance seem nice enough though!

post-13234-0-42513900-1342511488_thumb.j

I was just about to say, where the hell are the fully grown dogs in that image and then I moved one image up the road to find this. They've obviously been there for a while: laugh.gif

post-13234-0-86361700-1342511580_thumb.j

Its still better than Girvan.

Camelon aint even in the bottom 5 places within the Falkirk locale - the likes of Bainsford, Denny and Grangemouth are all far worse than camelon. The Mouth being quite possibly the worst place on the whole of planet.

No it isn't. Girvan is saved by having a nice beach and seafront and a decent wee golf course.

Nonsense mate. It has its rough spots but even they're not half as bad as some areas of Glasgow or Ayrshire. A brand new civic building, brand new railway station, one of the biggest housing developments in central Scotland, brand new swimming pool/sports facility, refurbished shopping precinct, brand new superstore - there's plenty regeneration going on in the town. You can be in both of Scotland's biggest cities within an hour on public transport - ideal for commuters, so there's a good bit of wealth in the town now. And as for the precinct being busy Mon-Fri 9-5, well aye it would be. It's a shopping precinct. Shops tend to be open between 9am-5pm on weekdays?

You must live in the bit of Livingston with all the millionaire mansions, with Bentleys and Astons in the drive if you think Bathgate is the worst town in Scotland. Livingston is a far far worse place than Bathgate, any day of the week.

Born and bred in West Lothian - lived in Livingston for over 25 years before spending time since in Whitburn , Longridge and now Bathgate - like most towns in Scotland there are good parts and bad parts but there are far worse places to live in than West Lothian .

Edited by Kilbowie's Finest

Lesmahagow has always struck me as a particularly depressing looking place to live. I used to get the bus between Glasgow and Dumfries pretty often, and it passed through there.

There might be some nicer parts that I've missed, but it appears to comprise of a council estate on a hillside. The locals appeared to have a particular prediliction for displaying Union Jacks and King Billy-related flags in their windows, and everyone who ever got on or off the bus there as well as the people wandering around looked either malnourished or obese, and invariably miserable.

Edited by Adamski

That 524 Cocktail Bar on George Street in Aberdeen is a fucking heap :lol:

We went in for a laugh after a Dons game last year and the staff were openly smoking weed behind the bar and the only other customer had no shoes on :)

Do you pass the 524 when you're going to Torry? When I started going out with my wife, she lived in Torry and I always walked passed a dead ropey looking pub on the way to hers, and it looks pretty similar to the photos Hedgecutter posted.

I always liked Torry, never had any trouble, although there was always a few drunks standing outside Haddows at all hours of the day.

I've lived around the corner from the 524 Cocktail Bar for about 5 years and have never been in. The two big 'scary' Alsations permanently sitting outside the entrance seem nice enough though!

post-13234-0-42513900-1342511488_thumb.j

I was just about to say, where the hell are the fully grown dogs in that image and then I moved one image up the road to find this. They've obviously been there for a while: laugh.gif

post-13234-0-86361700-1342511580_thumb.j

Not the one I was referring to, but used to live right across the road from there! Still usually went to the Buther's on Hutcheon St.

Do you pass the 524 when you're going to Torry? When I started going out with my wife, she lived in Torry and I always walked passed a dead ropey looking pub on the way to hers, and it looks pretty similar to the photos Hedgecutter posted.

I always liked Torry, never had any trouble, although there was always a few drunks standing outside Haddows at all hours of the day.

Nah, it's nowhere near Torry.

George Street is quite near the centre of town.

Not too near, thankfully.