Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

Was through in Grangemouth over the weekend to see Killie get pumped by the mighty Livi.

The place stinks (is it a BP Plant or something there?) The town centre was completely desolate with only a handful of shoppers pottering about on a Saturday afternoon.

Hope to never return.

Considering I'm originally from Killie, that's saying something.

I done my appreniticeship up in Granrgemouth at the B.P plant, and stayed in digs Mon-Fri in Wilson Street,

it was a keech hole back then, the place always had a cloud over it biggrin.gif

I can't believe the mentions Bathgate has been getting on here, obviously from people who haven't actually been there for a long time. You can get a train to the centre of Edinburgh or Glasgow in around 30 minutes. You are right next to the M8. There are a lot of quality housing developments, including one of the largest in the country, and the town has been growing in recent years with a lot of people moving there bringing money to the town. There are a wide variety of shops and leisure facilities in the town. As mentioned in a previous post there has been a lot of redevelopment of public buildings and investment in facilities in the town. It is probably one of the best places to live in the central belt. There are undoubtedly some deprived areas but there are very few towns free from these and there are plenty of employment opportunities about too for those who choose to work.

Was through in Grangemouth over the weekend to see Killie get pumped by the mighty Livi.

The place stinks (is it a BP Plant or something there?) The town centre was completely desolate with only a handful of shoppers pottering about on a Saturday afternoon.

Hope to never return.

Its a petro-chemical plant funland with a couple of thousand houses bolted on.. if you've ever been to Middlesborough think of a snack sized version of that :lol:

From a while back...

Scotland's Corridor of Death

THE Scottish executive last night announced a review of controls on toxic chemicals being pumped out of industrial plants following claims that an oil refinery is responsible for triggering a "cocktail of illnesses" across the country's central belt.

The massive BP refinery in Grangemouth was blamed yesterday for spreading poisonous particles across a 44-mile radius, triggering cancer and other serious conditions in people exposed to the dust. Dr Dick van Steenis, an environmental campaigner, also claimed that dangerous chemicals from the Kilroot Power Station close to Belfast may be reaching Scotland.

He described the two industrial plants as forming a 'death corridor' …

... they've tried to tell everyone that's there's nothing to worry about since all these reports came out.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Pretty sure i was told hunters in perth (now known as fairfield) was one of scotlands most deprived areas, but dunno how much of that is true tbh.

it is a shithole though, dont think ive every walked through the place.

Could that not just be because you are / were a Rangers fan in the east end of Glasgow? rolleyes.gif

Dont see your point :blink: , the east end is fairly half and half with rangers and celtic fans infact the most bitter rangers area in glasgow (bridgeton) is situated in the east end and a stones throw away from the shitpit ! the reason i said it is a shitehole is because the east end is a shitehole :lol:

Dont see your point :blink: , the east end is fairly half and half with rangers and celtic fans infact the most bitter rangers area in glasgow (bridgeton) is situated in the east end and a stones throw away from the shitpit ! the reason i said it is a shitehole is because the east end is a shitehole :lol:

A bit harsh IMO.. some of the salubrious bistro and wine bar type establishments near celtic park have been known to mop the pish up from the toilet floors as often as once a month.. the average life expectancy in that postcode is now up at 32..!!!

A bit harsh IMO.. some of the salubrious bistro and wine bar type establishments near celtic park have been known to mop the pish up from the toilet floors as often as once a month.. the average life expectancy in that postcode is now up at 32..!!!

oh yes the fine drinking establishments of the east end such as "WAN O WAN" and "haddows" or "upaclose"

8)

Edited by forever_blue

oh yes the fine drinking establishments of the east end such as "WAN O WAN" and "haddows" or "upaclose"

8)

Ever been in Springfield Vaults, London Rd Tavern, The Fiveways, The Black Bull etc..???

Even the rats wear paper boiler suits before going in there :lol:

In Edinburgh you can take your pick from Muirhouse, Drylaw, Pilton, Royston, Granton, Craigmiller, Wester Hails, Clovenstone, Drumbryden, Westburn, the Calders and most of Leith around the Fort.

The east end and north of Glasgow must be up there with the worst in Britain.

Although the bad bits in glasgow would probably be more dangerous to live in, Id much rather live there than in a shitty wee town or a slum village, at least if you live in glasgow you can jump on a bus and go somewhere/do something nice. What are you meant to do somewhere like new cumnock? No wonder the only pastimes are torturing small animals, sniffing glue and pumping your sister...

Although the bad bits in glasgow would probably be more dangerous to live in, Id much rather live there than in a shitty wee town or a slum village, at least if you live in glasgow you can jump on a bus and go somewhere/do something nice. What are you meant to do somewhere like new cumnock? No wonder the only pastimes are torturing small animals, sniffing glue and pumping your sister...

Yep, can't argue with that, it would be hellish living somewhere miles from any sort of city.

What about Rigside? Fuckin hell! Basically a scheme in the middle of nowhere full of inbreds and special cases.

I'd never heard of this place so I just looked it up on Google Maps. How did this happen? It looks truly horrible.

Hope to never return.

Grangemouth isn't even one of the worst places in the Falkirk area, far less one of the worst in Scotland. Like most towns, there are good and bad areas, fortunately I live in the good area. ;)

The smell isn't always there, either that or you must get used and I'm rarely in the town on a Saturday, but can imagine it being quiet. 24 hour ASDA is where it's at.