Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

A few parts of Alloa are best avoided, mainly the area known as the Mar Policies/Bottom end which is like a refugee camp for those too scummy for the Jeremy Kyle show.

When my brother was in the navy he lived in Rosyth which i always thought was a particularly bleak, drab , depressing town with absolutely nothing of interest, looks like something out of 1960's communist East Germany

The bottom end is a shite hole. The council are doing up all the houses but to use the old saying "you can put glitter on a shite but it's still a shite" springs to mind. Apart from the bottom end the rest of Alloa is ok. Think it's mainly down to the amount of commuters who have moved into the area due to all the new houses being built in the area. It's a lot nicer around here compared to 10/15 years ago.

The rugby club is also down the bottom end and it can be fun trying to put up with the bottom enders. Last week at training we had a wee guy around 14/15 come running over with a bit of wood and skelped one of the under-18s with it. The lad who got skelped got up and kicked the wee fuds face in and then as we were finishing training 3 cop cars turned up to lift him. At the time the majority of us didn't know what was going on as we didn't see the incident as we were the other end of the pitch.

Also last week we went for a run from the rugby club up to the west end park to do some sprints/interval training and as we were running back to the club we are going through one of the schemes and a couple of lads started getting cheeky to a couple of the younger lads who were out in front. It was quite funny when me and another big lad went past and challenged them. The wee c***s shat themselves.

Agree with you on rosyth as well. Depressing shitehole but close to home so good to be based there.

The bottom end is a shite hole. The council are doing up all the houses but to use the old saying "you can put glitter on a shite but it's still a shite" springs to mind. Apart from the bottom end the rest of Alloa is ok. Think it's mainly down to the amount of commuters who have moved into the area due to all the new houses being built in the area. It's a lot nicer around here compared to 10/15 years ago.

Has Alloa had an upturn in the whole brewing dept. over the last few years or has the current brewery always been running through the bad times? I can remember the big one (XXXX?) in town years back where the ASDA is now.

If so, I'm guessing there are a few more jobs going about in that sector.

Has Alloa had an upturn in the whole brewing dept. over the last few years or has the current brewery always been running through the bad times? I can remember the big one (XXXX?) in town years back where the ASDA is now.

If so, I'm guessing there are a few more jobs going about in that sector.

There's only one brewery left in Alloa nowadays. Which is the Williams Bros brewery down Kelliebank industrial estate. The one you refer to was the old Alloa brewery/inde coops brewery. Carlsberg, Skol, Tetleys and XXXX were brewed there before it shut down.

Most of the employment nowadays comes from the supermarkets (asda, tescos, morrisons, lidls, aldi) the glassworks and weir pumps.

The rugby club is also down the bottom end and it can be fun trying to put up with the bottom enders. Last week at training we had a wee guy around 14/15 come running over with a bit of wood and skelped one of the under-18s with it. The lad who got skelped got up and kicked the wee fuds face in and then as we were finishing training 3 cop cars turned up to lift him. At the time the majority of us didn't know what was going on as we didn't see the incident as we were the other end of the pitch.

Also last week we went for a run from the rugby club up to the west end park to do some sprints/interval training and as we were running back to the club we are going through one of the schemes and a couple of lads started getting cheeky to a couple of the younger lads who were out in front. It was quite funny when me and another big lad went past and challenged them. The wee c***s shat themselves.

Agree with you on rosyth as well. Depressing shitehole but close to home so good to be based there.

Is Devon Road the dodgy part? I cycle along that road when I'm doing the circular ride from Falkirk to Strling. Every time I do it I always see a dismantled car in a front garden, at least 1 junky and someone wandering about with a carry-out.

Done community work in Clydebank and Parkhead/Shettleston, which are about as bad as each other: frighteningly high abundance of junkies, alkies, wife-and girlfriend-beaters, child abusers, murderers, neds with knives, homeless and generally manky homes either side of that No. 40 bus route. Been on my own on the top deck of that bus on a Friday night before, never felt so paranoid in my life.

Done community work in Clydebank and Parkhead/Shettleston, which are about as bad as each other: frighteningly high abundance of junkies, alkies, wife-and girlfriend-beaters, child abusers, murderers, neds with knives, homeless and generally manky homes either side of that No. 40 bus route. Been on my own on the top deck of that bus on a Friday night before, never felt so paranoid in my life.

AKA Kevin Bridges ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How did you know there were child abusers?

I take it you confronted them and then became one of the aforementioned murderers? I know I would.

Is Devon Road the dodgy part? I cycle along that road when I'm doing the circular ride from Falkirk to Strling. Every time I do it I always see a dismantled car in a front garden, at least 1 junky and someone wandering about with a carry-out.

Devon road, forth crescent and bowhouse road is all the same road which encloses the bottom end. Devon road isn't that bad compared to when you go deeper into the jungle haha.

Can't multi quote due to being on the phone but joker ipa is indeed lovely. My favourite though has to be good times or seven giraffes.

Mid 80's Whitfield in Dundee was utterly horrific. Dundee has improved a bit since then mind you.

Worst place i've seen/driven through (quickly) was probably Port Glasgow. Other places worthy of a mention:

Brechin

Arbroath

A dodgy scheme in Blantyre

London Road, Glasgow

Without being funny I wouldnt change a thing about Arbroath, it's got everything you need, decent sized around 25-30k, not a lot of good clothes shops but it's only 15 minutes in the car to dundee, 50 minutes to Aberdeen, good transport with train/bus station, the countryside, cliffs and sea surrounding us, couldn't ask for much more tbh!

As for the initial question think one word answers it...... 'Fife'

How did you know there were child abusers?

I take it you confronted them and then became one of the aforementioned murderers? I know I would.

Part of my work there involved working with these vile, disgusting people. Rather than confronting them directly it more involved working with the police to build up evidence. Very hard to get a case against domestic and child abuse since there's almost never witnesses. Scum of the earth, IMO.

Re. the Kevin Bridges comment: he isn't lying! I've been the length of that bus route- Clydebank, Drumchapel, Maryhill, Duke Street, Parkhead, Easterhouse (oddly enough via Bearsden)- Glasgow City Bus Tours should go that route to give the tartan-and-shortbread-seekers a taste of the real Scotland.

has anyone mentioned the villiage part of scumbernauld??? if not can I nominate it, 1 road in and out, arse end of nowhere and makes scumbernauld toon look good. TBH if someone nuked it the improvements would be massive, also almost everycvunt is related to each other, makes scumnock look posh when it comes to the inbreeding. finally my ex is fae there and I wish she would feck off back

Was that the one across the road from the Carnegie Centre? Might be a blessing in disguise really if they have to demolish it. The old giant Coopy thing sat towards the bottom of the High St for donkeys years until they were forced to build the new bus station.

Also, where exactly is this new Tesco site? Struggling to think where they'd put it.

Where the Thomson's furniture place was just down from the old fire station.

Confirmed - as hinted a page or two back, that picture of Mountblow in Clydebank I just happened to find after passing it on the train is indeed the very spot where part of Neds was filmed.

Still time to be a film location manager I suppose.