Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

Coatbridge was an utter hole, but then I might just be saying that because we got bricks chucked at us by seven year old neds... the estate at the back of the ground looked horrible.

Cowdenbeath isn't nice at all, and I'm going to Methil tomorrow, lovely stuff. The worst place I've seen though was somewhere in the middle of Glasgow when my Dad got lost on the way to a Scotland match. No idea where it was, but it looked like something in Bosnia.

The area you walked through was probably "craigneuk" which is indeed a dump.

Of all the place mention I find the new towns most depressing Cumbernauld, East Kilbride and to a lesser extent Livingston seem like such dreary and unhuman. A mass of housing estates and roundabouts.

Someone from Airdrie calling the new towns depressing :lol::lol::lol:

I'll give you the roundabouts though. They are a pain in the onions <_<

Coatbridge was an utter hole, but then I might just be saying that because we got bricks chucked at us by seven year old neds... the estate at the back of the ground looked horrible.

The Area behind the ground (Cliftonville) is actually one of the best areas in the town. However, the street immediately behind Cliftonhill is atypical of that area, consisting of five apartment houses and accordingly full of mutant weans who run the place down.

Someone from Airdrie calling the new towns depressing :lol::lol::lol:

I'll give you the roundabouts though. They are a pain in the onions <_<

Airdrie, like most towns of its size and age, has both nice and nasty bits. In my opinion the new towns are like "deserts with windaes", to borrow an expression from Billy Connolly, with no soul or heart and as a result are bleak and uninspiring.

Of all the place mention I find the new towns most depressing Cumbernauld, East Kilbride and to a lesser extent Livingston seem like such dreary and unhuman. A mass of housing estates and roundabouts.

Add Glenrothes to that list. Utterly soulless, like an exceptionally shit Milton Keynes.

I agree that most areas of Greenock and Paisley are shitholes, and typically they're the parts that people coming to the football see, but at least there are some nice areas in both towns. Places like Methil have nothing redeeming at all.

Edited by Dunning1874

The Junior football itinery takes in many of Scotland's high spots. I could offend half the country here but I'll try not to! Suffice to say, I've found even the worst places have something to offer, usually a warm pub!

I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread, but Forth was a strange place. We were directed by their committee to the British Legion for a pint, only to find it was closed down/very shut! The alternative was limited but I ended up in a masonic lodge I think, watching Gretna v Dundee on the telly. The ground itself was pretty rustic - the boundary fence had long disappeared on at least 2 sides.

I was going to apply for a job in Girvan around the time of our visit there in May but changed my mind upon actually getting there and walking around.

That apart I could list a further dozen or so crap towns but living in Paisley I guess that's tantamount to breaking the "people in glass houses..." proverb.

Guest Saor_Alba_1314

Worst places in Scotland.

Larkhall: full of bigoted knucklescraping morons who think they live in Londonderry.

Cumbernauld: Allright if you like concrete and neds.

Methil: Was ok when I served my time at RGC/Kvaerner. Since it shut down, the place has become a dive to say the least. Makes Beirut look nice.

Airdrie: Definition of the word ned must have originated here.

Kirkcaldy: Yes, my home town. Has went into permanent decline since the Thatcher cow killed off all the industry.

:lol: It really isn't. Was it you who also offered the "lookalike" for Renton?

Not even close...

It is, too! :angry: It was indeed.

Bobby Linn = renton!

On second looking, he actually looks nothing like him! :lol: Well, in the East Fife top he doesn, but not in the Morton.

Edited by MonTheRovers!!