Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

I now just stay down the road a wee bit :( . It's not that bad anymore, like you say in the late 90's with the Murdoch's kicking about it was a rough area. But there and the surrounding area, (M'Well, Whishaw, Carfin, Muirhouse, New Stevenson) should all get a bit better with the Ravenscraig side getting redeveloped at last, no thanks to Eastkilbride and Hamilton Councilors trying to stop it :angry: .

Eastkilbride has some really dodgy areas in it. Dont ask me what bits, Westwood, Murry or whatever, it all looks the f**king same!

F*** off, you. :D Only a Whishay wally would spell East Kilbride as one word. IT'S TWO WORDS :lol:

Edited by TheDoctor

Has to be rither one of the little Visigoth places between Falkirk and Glasgow or in West Lothian.

The one with the red white and blue kerbstones and the Union Jack on a flagpole stands out. Can't remember what it's called though.

All of the places out near Armadale are bonkers and total holes.

Compared to Wishaw, the culture capital of the world, I suppose :lol:

EK is a prefab shithole, chucked up in the 40's and 50's. Thankfully when I worked in RR Nerston was the furthest in I had to venture. Anybody I have ever met from there never wants to go outside it, they seem to think the world ends at the start on the Expressway, and the "Village" is some sort of National Turst site :lol: .

At least Wishaw has some history :)

I remember driving through a tiny town east of Muirkirk on the A70. Two guys were standing on their respective doorsteps next to each other. They both waved to me as I drove past. I imagine that every Saturday they come out and stand on their doorsteps and have awkward conversations with each other. I doubt either has been in the other's house.

Their town wasn't especially worse than any of the other little Ayrshire hellholes but seeing those two guys depressed the f**k out of me, and I had to pull over to try to strangle myself with a Peperami wrapper.

I remember driving through a tiny town east of Muirkirk on the A70. Two guys were standing on their respective doorsteps next to each other. They both waved to me as I drove past. I imagine that every Saturday they come out and stand on their doorsteps and have awkward conversations with each other. I doubt either has been in the other's house.

Their town wasn't especially worse than any of the other little Ayrshire hellholes but seeing those two guys depressed the f**k out of me, and I had to pull over to try to strangle myself with a Peperami wrapper.

Yeah they were probably out pointing at aircraft in the sky and throwing stones at them.

EK is a prefab shithole, chucked up in the 40's and 50's. Thankfully when I worked in RR Nerston was the furthest in I had to venture. Anybody I have ever met from there never wants to go outside it, they seem to think the world ends at the start on the Expressway, and the "Village" is some sort of National Turst site :lol: .

At least Wishaw has some history :)

Like what? A history of rioting and ongoing police chases? What landmark or attraction does Wishaw possess that would persuade an outsider or a culture vulture to visit? And, apart from John Higgins, name some famous Whishay people? :lol:

And conversely, anyone I have ever met from Wishaw, including a girl I work with, can't wait to leave the place, which speaks volumes for me

There is a tie in this contest for me:

Livingstone, total shithole especially the west side around the bus depot and it's impossible to walk to anywhere.

Paisley, inhabited by schemies, neds, hoodies and scroungers the place feels like an eastern-european third world country, the locals would steal your shite if you did not flush it away, never go there with any valuables, dress down, dress like a tramp, blend in.

Why anyone would mention Cumbernauld is beyond me. It is a wonderful place full of architecture you must see to believe as shown here with our lovely Town Centre

post-6361-1226061010.jpg post-6361-1226061043.jpg

The local towns people (below) are very friendly too and will frequently offer to carry your wallet/purse for you.

post-6361-1226061258_thumb.jpg

Shame on the poster that besmirched my wonderful and beautiful town! SHAME ON YOU!!!!

Cumnock has to be one of the smelliest inbred h*n infested shiteholes possible to come across and I certainly can't remember being in a more shitey place in Scotland before.

My dad lived there for about 5 years, and you're right, i have never been to a been to a bigger shitehole in my life (and that includes Cowdenbeath!). I took my ex there on her first visit to Scotland i don't think she could believe what she had walked into when we walked into a pub full of mutant hunz. Thankfully my parents decided to move back to civilisation on the east coast.

Drumgelloch in Airdrie was pretty rough when I last went to New Broomfield.

The area you walked through was probably "craigneuk" which is indeed a dump.

Of all the place mention I find the new towns most depressing Cumbernauld, East Kilbride and to a lesser extent Livingston seem like such dreary and unhuman. A mass of housing estates and roundabouts.