Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

Lanark, for me, is the biggest shitehole known to man. It's well out of the way for a Lanarkshire town, the architecture wouldn't look out of place in Victorian times, don't even get me started on the neds.

It's also unnerving when you're serenaded by a guy with huge sideburns, wearing dungarees and playing a banjo. Also I would probably bet it's the incest capital of the world, judging by some of the weans running about.

It's like Kazakhstan, but without any class.

Apart from that, it's fine :D

I quite like Lanark as a town,then again i don't live there and although i take deliveries there daily it's during the night when the locals are tucked away out of sight.

Port Glasgow is a horrible, horrible town with the only redeeming factor being it's walking distance to Cappielow. The again, so is Greenock so what's the point? Knock the shitehole down and expand Greenock I say.

I'm not a fan of Dundee, Paisley or Cowdenbeath either.

Edited by vikingTON

Got to agree with the views on Forth. I drive through it fairly regularly. There's something eerie about it. Something not quite right.

Cowdenbeath yes, Port Glasgow - yes. What about Cumbernauld? Up north I'd go for Fraserburgh.

We used to do work for a company down in Newmilns. Quite a few hellholes around there. Strathaven springs to mind.

My old man was brought up in Cumnock and I now live about 10 mins away and I totally agree with you!

However, you have to remember that these towns were mining towns and when the mines shut there was nothing to replace them other than alcohol, drugs and bigotry. A bit like many parts of Glasgow after the shipbuilding industry went tits up.

The interesting thing is the number of real successful people that come from the area, including my Dad. Must be something to do with striving for better. Bill Shankly, George Burley, Tom Hunter are the better known ones but I know of at least 5 self made multi-millionaires that were at the same school at the same time as my Dad.

I worked in paisley for a couple of years and I hated the place. However, I enjoy going to Love St for the footie and always had a good day.

My grampa was from Cumnock. Always seemed ok when I was wee and the pits were open. Then I grew up, Maggie happened, and the place was an utter shitehole. They still had boot boys when everywhere else had casuals. The row of shops on the scheme my grampa lived on were all derelict, bar one which had steel wire shutters up everywhere at all times.

Harthill always strikes me as the bleakest place in Scotland. There's also that row of council houses just of the M8. Who fucking lives in these places? The suicide rate must be through the roof.

That'll be Salsburgh, Breich is the same as well, it's along the A71 jusr before West Calder. Which is also a shithole.

Got to agree with the views on Forth. I drive through it fairly regularly. There's something eerie about it. Something not quite right.

Cowdenbeath yes, Port Glasgow - yes. What about Cumbernauld? Up north I'd go for Fraserburgh.

We used to do work for a company down in Newmilns. Quite a few hellholes around there. Strathaven springs to mind.

The locals from Forth are fcuking nuts.I used to take deliveries up there every night and the amount of fights i seen was surreal considering i worked nightshift.The coppers were spotted with their sirens and lights flashing towards the town more often than not as they don't have a police station.

Took a diversion when the M74 was closed once and passed throgh Rigside, South Lanarkshire.

Without a doubt the biggest shitehole I've ever seen.

I think it's got two shops and a pub.Very small village indeed.

Edited by YER SISTERS YER MAW

I'd say probably Plean. An utter hole of a place.

Yes, I drive through it every day to work and back. :( Depressing does not even come close.

However it does have a pub called the Clansman although I would never venture in.

Also is there a reason for Cowie existing?

Is that the place on the outskirts of Stirling?

That's the one.

Fallin is also worth a mention.

Yes, I drive through it every day to work and back. :( Depressing does not even come close.

However it does have a pub called the Clansman although I would never venture in.

Also is there a reason for Cowie existing?

I used to get the bus to and from Uni before First kept fucking it up. Plean seems even worse when you're stopping in it every two minutes to pick up or drop off the resident reprobates.

My Papa's from Cowie :ph34r:

There is a place on the edge of West Lothian called Forth. I've only ever just passed through it but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I saw some tumbleweed blowing down the main street.

Have you ever been to Briech?

I used to drive through when on the road full time. I just to ask myself. Why?

Brechin? The place is tiny, whats so bad about it?

It's a mind-numblingly boring shithole. I used to work there. One of those places that's depressing even on a warm sunny day. To be fair, the demolitionof the Queens Park scheme improved it a bit. However, it's still a haven for impossible-to-understand ginger single mothers of multiple children, junkies and generally inbred fuckwits.

That's the one.

Fallin is also worth a mention.

I used to get the bus to and from Uni before First kept fucking it up. Plean seems even worse when you're stopping in it every two minutes to pick up or drop off the resident reprobates.

My Papa's from Cowie :ph34r:

Oops.

Aye, Fallin's a bit desperate too. Once went to a party at their community pub or whatever it is. :o

Couldnt believe they were building all those new houses in Plean. Just goes to show they will build anywhere (including Tullibody)

Hopefully. It always struck me as a place where you'd send people who have been released from prison to rehabilitate themselves without affecting the rest of the world.... ;)

As opposed to Law village :rolleyes:

Was Forth not on the FBI or CIA a few years ago :huh: