Scottish Hip Hop

Breaking Decency

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I saw toy control supporting sage francis a few weeks ago, not my cup of tea all. They had a song called f**k c***s. I also saw another mob supporting jeru tha damaja last year. They done a rap about the mcgills buses. cringeworthy stuff

I saw toy control supporting sage francis a few weeks ago, not my cup of tea all. They had a song called f**k c***s. I also saw another mob supporting jeru tha damaja last year. They done a rap about the mcgills buses. cringeworthy stuff

Where was Jeru playing last year and why did no c**t tell me?

I saw him playing in The Garage years ago. He cracked a bouncer and Afu Ra told me I had a greasy fringe the cheeky wee c**t. He was right at the time though.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I hope this has been discussed but the main issue with Scottish rappers is that they appear to be embarrassed by their Scottish accent. They never sound very comfortable.

The boy Loki had a couple of good tracks back in the day but even now I think that he thinks he’s more of a poet than a rapper. I went to some shitty gig which I thought was like rap battles and it had no music and was just a bunch of guys taking turn to give each other abuse.

On 3/21/2018 at 00:39, Dindeleux said:

I hope this has been discussed but the main issue with Scottish rappers is that they appear to be embarrassed by their Scottish accent. They never sound very comfortable.

II Tone Committee & Mista Bohze from the group who continues to record are definitely proud of their Scottish accents

Edited by djricochet

II Tone Committee & Mista Bohze from the group who continues to record are definitely proud of their Scottish accents
Had the pleasure of speaking to Mistah Bohze about turntablism a good few times, his son is in the same class as mine. Top bloke and he seems to be doing a fair few gigs too.

I always thought the strong accent was part of his act, certainly doesn't try and hide it.