The Neighbours Thread

DA Baracus

I watched Neighbours religiously after school as a teenager but hadn't seen it in years until recently when it was on the telly in my break room at work. There was a woman having a threesome with two younger guys and her daughter walked in and caught them in bed. It's probably best it's finishing.

17 hours ago, Detournement said:

I watched Neighbours religiously after school as a teenager but hadn't seen it in years until recently when it was on the telly in my break room at work. There was a woman having a threesome with two younger guys and her daughter walked in and caught them in bed. It's probably best it's finishing.

Are you absolutely sure that it was Neighbours on in your break room, and not just some Aussie bongo video?

• 4 months later...
On 03/03/2022 at 02:43, grumswall said:
On 03/03/2022 at 01:37, Lyle Lanley said:
I see Neighbours has been axed. 

Dissapointing considering it gave us such greats like margot Robbie and Dr Karl Kennedy.

Margot Robbie coming back for the final episode on Friday. 

18 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Margot Robbie coming back for the final episode on Friday. 

More importantly, Scott and Charlene are back.

Haven't watched Neighbours since it left the BBC but I'll be all over the finale on Friday. There's also a documentary on afterwards with all those that went onto bigger and better things after appearing on the show.

Edited by The Naitch

13 hours ago, Tynie Pecksniff said:

Neighbours wad a massive thing late 80s early 90s.  I mind in summer holidays going out with pals was scheduled after the afternoon and evening shows.

Who can forget Angry Anderson wedding song.

Best characters for me Mrs Mangel,  Clive Gibbons and Bouncer the dug.

Oh and plain Jane the super brain

Used to watch it all the time back in the day, so I'm going to tune in to the finale on Friday. Don't know who is all going to make a comeback but hoping to see Annalise, Beth and the Alessi twins. Is Jim Robinson still around? seen the actor Alan Dale in loads of things since I stopped watching in early 90s.

On 24/07/2022 at 12:31, JustOneCornetto said:

Used to watch it all the time back in the day, so I'm going to tune in to the finale on Friday. Don't know who is all going to make a comeback but hoping to see Annalise, Beth and the Alessi twins. Is Jim Robinson still around? seen the actor Alan Dale in loads of things since I stopped watching in early 90s.

Pretty sure Jim Robinson died of a heart attack decades ago. 

Not sure if there still a delay or not between UK and Oz but the final episode is on Oz TV tonight (Thursday). Sounds like there will be quite a lot of old cast members returning for the finale. 

Havent seen Neighbours since 1997 and watched the final episode - thats how you do a series finale. Nothing stupidly over the top, life goes on.

Painfully obvious that Guy Pearce wasn't there at the same time as Kylie and Jason and they use some interesting camera angles in a vain attempt to hide it.

Didn't recognise anyone under 50 so good to see the likes of Paul, Shane, Des, Clive and Plain Jane Superbrain even if they all look ridonkously old these days, I cared for them back in the day and time may have moved on but when the final closing credits came up with the original theme music over a photo of Helen and Jim, well I had a little something in my eye.

GHOST MADGE!!!

Crying shame it wasn't all Bouncers dream in the end but you can't have everything.

Watched this week's episodes so that tonight wasn't a complete mystery. They've tied up a couple of long standing loose ends quite nicely so far, hopefully more of the same for the last episode.

Edited by The Naitch

When this first started it was an afternoon only show. The original trailers looked ok so me and the first mrs mik were interested in watching it. As we were both working that gave us a problem. To get round the problem we decided to rent (not buy, far too expensive) one of those new fangled machines that were starting to become popular, a video recorder. Possibly my first venture into a modern technology. 

Despite not having watched Neighbours for more than a decade I still had a kick of nostalgia last night as a lot of the cameos as they sat in the Kennedy house watching the video were from the era I watched it in the late 90s and early 2000s. 

Found it funny that Kylie and Jason Donovan’s characters appear for no reason whatsoever, in terms of story, and no one even bothers to ask them why they’re even there, really.