Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

7 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Was down in the big smoke for the weekend and managed a South East triple header last Saturday ... 

Redbridge 3 Burnham Ramblers 1 @12 

IMG_0620.PNG

Tower Hamlets 1 Enfield 2 in the FA Vase at 3pm finished 7 v 10 a side ! 

IMG_0718.PNG

And then got the high speed train to the big one Ebbsfleet United 2 Leyton Orient 1. 

IMG_0719.PNG

Looks like a brilliant day out for a Liverpool fan Rab...THREE minute silences...:whistle

Liverpool U23s 4 Everton U23s 0 at Tranmere last night. 

Pretty much like the earlier game the team in red devastating going forward a front 3 of Harry Wilson, Danny Ings and Rhian Brewster very impressive. Would all get a game in the Everton first team. 

Good few thousand at it. 

IMG_0721.PNG

IMG_0722.PNG

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

30 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Got Late ticket  for the Citeh match tonight so the Macclesfield ticket's going to waste. 

Was actually quite looking forward to Mac but it was not meant to be. 

Nice wee ground Macc have and a couple pins (pubs!) nearby. Seen them play Shrewsbury about 7 years ago. 

Edited by Karpaty

The etihad is a fairly abysmal experience tbh. A shower of spoilt sweetie rustlers. The feynoord fans were pretty good. Was Sat in a pub when their corteo passed and it would have been a good laugh hanging around with their fans. 

Had thought about making that an annual trip because it's so easy to get CL tickets but maybe not. 

Just now, Shanner said:

The etihad is a fairly abysmal experience tbh. A shower of spoilt sweetie rustlers. The feynoord fans were pretty good. Was Sat in a pub when their corteo passed and it would have been a good laugh hanging around with their fans. 

Had thought about making that an annual trip because it's so easy to get CL tickets but maybe not. 

should have gone to Macclesfield!

bumped into some feyenoord fans last year when I went to see Barnsley-forest,theyd been at manu the night before,sound guys and knew their football

are city CL tickets easy to get?

24 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

should have gone to Macclesfield!

bumped into some feyenoord fans last year when I went to see Barnsley-forest,theyd been at manu the night before,sound guys and knew their football

are city CL tickets easy to get?

you needed a buying history for last night but a lot of empty seats. If you've bought one ticket from them in the past you're fine.

maybe it's better at the ko stage. Who knows. Would have been tremendous in the away end with the proper fans. Other thing about the Dutch fans is that they were mainly built like brick shit houses compared to the tubby stone island sorts in the UK.

Edited by Shanner

5 hours ago, Shanner said:

The feynoord fans were pretty good. Was Sat in a pub when their corteo passed and it would have been a good laugh hanging around with their fans. 

have always held Dutch fans in high regard - had a couple of "tours" over there to take in three or four games over a weekend, and wherever you tip up there are generally two or three dozen mentalists trying to replicate the full "curva" effect with huge flags, smokebombs and flares and the bloke at the front hanging off the fences leading the chanting, even for pointless eredivisie (div. two) matches with  barely 1,200 or so in attendance; de graafschap, deventer and kerkrade particularly recommended - very much like the Stanley Ultras, but without a hint of irony - it's all very earnest !

Off on annual leave this week and was picking the Mrs up from work to go Christmas shopping anyway so headed up to watch Glasgow Uni and Sheffield Hallam in the BUCS Trophy. Turned out I'd misread the fixture list and it was the women's teams, but it ended up being a really good game. Hallam won 4-0, which was harsh on Glasgow, much closer game than 4-0 would suggest. A couple of defensive howlers cost Glasgow big time.
e7b2900fd37c1486506a7637bbaf944a.jpg

Also caught a bit of Glasgow v Durham in lacrosse. I had no idea what was happening to be honest.

52979c8dc1a6ea8af28a7b9ab9604c1a.jpg

On 14/11/2017 at 13:22, atfccfc said:

Plans for my European football trip coming together very nicely. Mainz V Stuttgart (Sat 20th January) and Schalke V Hannover (Sunday 21st January) already booked. 1st one through family.

Waiting on tickets for Vfl Bochum V MSV Duisburg (Tuesday 23rd) and Fortuna Dusseldorf V Erzgbirge Aue (Wednesday 24th) to go on sale. As I'm travelling through the Netherlands also going to Telstar V AZ Alkmaar Jong on Friday 26th. 

Only questions I have for those of you with German football experience is. For ticket and travel. How long before and after KO is it valid,  what distance and does it include Bundersliga 2 games?  I'm staying in Dusseldorf. Thanks.

staying in dusseldorf . is no problem for free travel on train  for bochum also gelsenkirchen is within limits . mainz i would not think so too far .   bochum v duisburg is a local derby .  enjoy the trip .

25 minutes ago, sjc said:

Do you live near Macc?

Glasgow mate, was just down in Manchester and Liverpool for a few days. Originally planned for City but the tickets were proving to be a pain to get so was going to go to macclesfield as backup. 

Would still go in the future.