Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Over in Ireland for a long weekend of Sport and museums. First up. League of Ireland and Tallaght stadium for Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk. 2-0 Rovers. Attendance 5602.

Ticket 20 Euros

Programme 5 Euros.

Rovers were somewhat depleted as they had 3 players sent off last week at Cork City. A game they only lost 1-0 to a late goal. Rovers though were by far the better team. In this. They took the lead when a good cross on the right gave Aaron Greene a tap in on 35 minutes. 

The second half started with Dundalk trying to get back into the game. And they had a great opportunity when Rovera had a man sent off for a last man foul. But Rovers dug in and looked the more likely and Aaron Greene doubled his and Rovers tally with a super goal on the counter attack. He rounded the goalkeeper and finished into an empty goal. 

Dundalk tried to get back into the game. But Rovers were the far more dangerous team. And deserved the win. 

Note that match programme has the wrong date on it. 

20230602_200602.jpg

20230602_212307.jpg

20230602_212246.jpg

20230602_190631.jpg

Edited by atfccfc
Adding text checking spelling

Not sure how random these are as it's only a mile or so from my house but enjoyed a warm afternoon at bught park in Inverness where there were 3 matches being played in the world's greatest cup competition,the highland amateur cup.

We had a decent 4-2 win for clach against Stornoway athletic,a pedestrian 4-0 win for loch Ness v iochdair saints and,most excitingly,ferrybahce snatching defeat from the jaws of victory against inver,1-2 with inver scoring both right at the end which was disappointing as I wanted extra time.ferry were lucky to finish with eleven men after their no 8s hissy fit at the ref

Great afternoon,as always in the HAC

IMG_20230603_132432.jpg

Not football. But still Random nonetheless.

Went to Croke Park today to take in a treble header of Hurling finals, in the. Ticket 25 Euros for three games. Programme 5 Euros.

Lory Meagher (Tier 5). Monaghan 3-22 (31) V Lancashire 3-20 (29)

A very exciting if quite low standard game (I only realised how low it was because the following two games had more quality). Monaghan started very quickly but Lancashire fought back to reach half time only one point down. The second half continued to swing back and forth. Monaghan started to pull away but Lancashire fought back again as Monaghan held out for a just about deserved win. 

Nickey Rackard (Tier 4). Wicklow 1-20 (23) V Donegal 3-12 (21)

The second game started out with Donegal much the stronger team and they took a comfortable lead of 6 points just before half time. Wicklow got two quick scores before half time to cut the deficit to four points. The second half was fairly even in chances created. The difference was is that Wicklow took nearly all of theirs, whereas Donegal had too many wides and paid the price as Wicklow gained a well deserved win.

Christy Ring Finals (Tier 3). Meath 1-23 (26) V Derry 1-21 (24) 

The final game was the classic case of a game of two halves! Meath were superb in the first half as they dominated a lacklustre Derry team at half time by 10 points. In the second half Meath continued to dominate. And were as much as 13 points clear of Derry, only for something to change. Derry finally woke up and were within one point of Meath with a minute to go. Only for Meath to score the final point. Derry had a man sent off when 7 points down late on for two yellows. Both very Harsh, one for a Meath player half his size walking into him, the second for a Meath player accidentally being hit in the head with a Hurl. A great day's entertainment. 

Attendance was about 7000. Though most fans only seemed to stay for their Counties match. 

20230603_183814.jpg

20230603_163625.jpg

20230603_144211.jpg

Bo'ness Athletic 4-0 Dunipace 

22/23 ✅

Last game of the season for us today sees a new ground at Meggetland. The Venue for the EoS League Cup Final between Bo'ness Athletic and Dunipace.

A healthy crowd on a very warm day see Bo'ness do Bo'ness things and dispatch the team two Leagues above them with ease. The game swung on a missed penalty for Pace towards the end of the first half with Athletic then scoring 3 times just before and after half time to end it as a contest. 

Call me crabbit, but I'm getting a bit fed up of Bo'ness Athletic. Billy Big baws attitude because they're humping teams every week and I think they'll be in the East Premier before it does anything like stop. Daramola off to Kelty next season and you'd imagine some clubs far higher up the pyramid will be sniffing about this squad who have scored over 200 goals this season. 

Meggetland is good, glad we went. Unusually, it works for both rugby and football. See you in a few weeks to so it all again folks.

20230604_145437.jpg

20230604_144205.jpg

20230604_142819.jpg

Another who was at Meggetland today. Bo’ness Athletic deserved winners scoring some really good goals. If they can keep majority of this team together I would expect them to go up again next season. Dunipace will look to penalty that was saved in first half but really don’t think that would have changed the outcome if they had score. Last random game of the season for me. Just Scotland v Georgia to go. 

IMG_9018.jpeg

IMG_9016.jpeg

IMG_9015.jpeg

Edited by Jute

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Another who was at Meggetland today. Bo’ness Athletic deserved winners scoring some really good goals. If they can keep majority of this team together I would expect them to go up again next season. Dunipace will look to penalty that was saved in first half but really don’t think that would have changed the outcome if they had score. Last random game of the season for me. Just Scotland v Georgia to go. 

IMG_9018.jpeg

IMG_9016.jpeg

IMG_9015.jpeg

You can't have been far away from us. Sitting just behind whete it looks like the photo was taken from. We must have a P&B ground hop at some point

14 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

I'm sure no one is interested but here's the stats for 22/23

Screenshot_20230604_211551.jpg

I've finished on exactly 77 games for this season as well. Just the 238 goals for me though, so I've been sold short!

20 new grounds for me this year. It's been a great season, but I'm ready for a few weeks off. Raring to go for the League Cup groups.

22 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

7 hours ago, DoingThe42 said:

I've finished on exactly 77 games for this season as well. Just the 238 goals for me though, so I've been sold short!

20 new grounds for me this year. It's been a great season, but I'm ready for a few weeks off. Raring to go for the League Cup groups.

The cup final puts me on 81 but I'll wait till the end of June to end it as I’ll probably be at Scotland v Georgia. Not a lot of new grounds though, maybe 16.

Meanwhile here’s a photie from Saturday

version1uuid4AB685F0-017D-40F7-8C10-106224735C9Bmodecompatiblenoloc1.thumb.jpeg.b9d291b5e5d3919a6c529b837ecc4350.jpeg

Edited by The Mantis

Final game of 2022/23 for me tonight at Richmond Park, Dublin. (I'll add my Stats later )

St Patrick's Athletic V Derry City 4-1 Saints. 

Ticket 15 Euros, Programme 5 Euros

Attendance 4000+

A match which had a lot of interest at the top of the table. Derry could have gone top if Shamrock Rovers had dropped points (they didn't) and Saints would go third if results went there way. So a lot to play for for two teams with a fair few players that once played in Scotland. Saints managed by Jon Daly, ex of Dundee United. As well as Chris Forrester ex Aberdeen and Eoin Doyle who played for Hibernian. 

The match played in great hot weather, started of slowly and it wasn't until the 36th minute when things came alive. Jay McGrath took the ball from midfield and rifled a shot past the Derry keeper, who should have done better as it was straight at him.

The second half started better as St Patrick's Athletic started on the front foot and created a couple of chance. But the second goal didn't come until 62 minutes when Eoin Doyle was played through on goal and placed a superb shot into the bottom corner, Derry went up the field and scored two minutes later as a header went in by Cian Kavangh. Then a minute after that Chris Forrester made it 3-1 with a header from an infringing corner. 

Derry tried to fight their way back into the game. But only got caught out at the back as Saints were dominating the game and sub Mark Doyle made it 4-1 on 79 minutes. 

A well deserved win for St Patrick's Athletic. And a surprising heavy defeat for Derry who did have the best away record before tonight. 

20230605_185312.jpg

20230605_201641.jpg

20230605_181531.jpg

On 04/06/2023 at 21:19, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

That's my stats. 54 games and 181 goals. Which is well over 3 a game. 5 countries. 

As well as football. I've seen International Basketball (Poland V Serbia)

Handball in Leipzig V Kiel.

Rugby Union. 2 women's games at little Murrayfield.

Rugby League. London Bronchos V Feathersone Rovers 

Three Hurling matches and two Gaelic football matches. 

its been some season. 

Screenshot_20230605_213127.png

Glenesk Park

Thornton Property Cup Final 
Carnoustie Panmure 3-3 Broughty Athletic (5-3 after penalties)

£7 entry and six goals. nice wee park and some decent weather as the breeze coming off the day took the edge of the sun making it rather pleasant. That and you get a cracking view at the top of the hill albeit you do have to brave some nettles and the walk down isn't something I'd do if it had been raining.

KDOpZGR.jpg

ymM2tv4.jpg

ToFFFqq.jpg

pHqwqgL.jpeg

cPLUqQX.jpeg