Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Tweedmouth Rangers 1-3 St Andrews United

A raid over the border to do the wee team in Berwick. Love a run down here, first time for a while, and it was a cracking day. Berwick is a superb town and Old Shielfield is a great wee park. Most of you have been yards from it and may not have known of its existence. Just over the wall from the Ducket at the 133 year old "new" Shielfield.

It's not as good as Troon or Dunbar for trainspotting but you still get several going by if you're a sad sack like me.

Midtable against team pushing for promotion, and it showed. Tweedmouth took the lead but it was pretty much domination from the Fifers afterwards and the score reflected that in the end. Worth coming for some international groundhopping.

20230415_153049.jpg

20230415_155346.jpg

20230415_160540(0).jpg

Girvan 3 Kello Rovers 1 in the WOSFL Third Division. 

Two mid table teams with seemingly not much to play for, and Girvan were 2-0 up by half time and looking comfortable.

An incident in the tunnel, seemingly involving Girvan's no.3, meant the second half was a bit tastier. A Girvan red card and Kello's converted penalty with 35 mins left should have set us up nicely, only for the home side to tuck away their own penalty (no red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity, oddly).

20230415_135929.thumb.jpg.12d093294c263f557e43b7e91c9a3828.jpg

Not a bad view at all. Enjoy the hills and wind turbines in the background.

Edited by morrison

Another damp one,SV Lichtenberg 0-Carl Zeiss Jena 2.

Lovely performance by CZJ forwards,with 2 fantastic goals(1st a screamer from the edge of the box,second a back heel flick) to deservedly take the points

Utter hole of a stadium,wouldn't pass muster for the HL or LL

Tried to get to a second game today but a trip across Berlin came to naught 😞

IMG_20230415_143556_1.jpg

IMG_20230415_125706.jpg

1 minute ago, highlandcowden said:

Another damp one,SV Lichtenberg 0-Carl Zeiss Jena 2.

Lovely performance by CZJ forwards,with 2 fantastic goals(1st a screamer from the edge of the box,second a back heel flick) to deservedly take the points

Utter hole of a stadium,wouldn't pass muster for the HL or LL

Tried to get to a second game today but a trip across Berlin came to naught 😞

IMG_20230415_143556_1.jpg

IMG_20230415_125706.jpg

Mental that CZJ were in the final of the UEFA Cup. Maybe because they were playing in such a midden that it looks quite as bad as it does

Quick trip down to London today to tick of the Tottenham Hotspur stadium. I've seen at match before at the old White Hart Lane back in 1992, a ECWC game against Feyenoord which finished 0-0. But this match was absolutely fantastic. Both teams were quilty of giving the ball away in ridiculous positions as they unsuccessfully tried to play out from the back. The scoring was opened on 14 minutes when SON gave Spurs the lead. But Bournemouth were always ambitious and forced Loris into a finger tip save. The equaliser came when Vina found himself unmarked on the left to chip over Lori's. It was the least they deserved. 

The second half started with Bournemouth on the front foot and a bit of pinball in the penalty area resulted in Solanke giving the Cherries a deserved lead. Spurs tried to fight back but their play was a little slow and they seemed to be tring too hard to get the ball to either Son or Kane, who Bournemouth were doing well to mark out of the game. Richarlison had a goal disallowed late on but he was making a nuisance of himself and unsettling Bournemouth which worked as Spurs then equalised on 88 minutes when Danjumas shot from 10 yards went in. Spurs then went for a winner only to be hit on a super counter attack in the 95th minute when Solanke feed Ouattara who scored a dramatic late winner and silenced the crowd. 

Shout out for Ryan Christie was had a fantastic first half despite being booked for diving late on. He got subbed on 66 minutes. 

The stadium is fantastic with lots of different food choices. Though it is expensive so I didn't bother. A great day out. 

Tottenham hotspur 2 AFC Bournemouth 3

Attendance 61369

Ticket £55

Programme £4

20230415_130834.jpg

20230415_170325.jpg

Edited by atfccfc
Spelling

Clachnacuddin 1-2 Brechin City. First visit to Grant Street. Neat little ground with nice stand and covered terrace behind the goals. Clach made promotion chasing Brechin work for the 3 points and took the lead from a corner in first half. Brechin pulled level before half time with a goal that was possibly offside. Winner in the second half was sort of goal that should win matches. 

6E7BAAFF-5B7F-483E-81AD-FC74BBCEEDC0.jpeg

93DBC109-58DE-409C-B074-C915EE299A8B.jpeg

Edited by Jute

Clyde 2-1 FC Edinburgh, League One, 15/04/23.

First ever hospitality day for me, and had a really good day out. My brother and I booked this up for my dad for his birthday and he enjoyed himself.

Nothing overly fancy, a buffet thing with pakora, satay chicken etc, half-time pehs and sausage rolls, programme, and Andy Willock was the host. He did a really good job and was fun to chat to. Staff were really friendly and it was good fun.

AND, I saw Clyde win for the first time this season. Well deserved for the Bully Wee who looked much better than they have for most of the season. Maybe a bit of hope for the play-offs if Peterhead can be kept at bay?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

21 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

First ever hospitality day for me, and had a really good day out. My brother and I booked this up for my dad for his birthday and he enjoyed himself.

Nothing overly fancy, a buffet thing with pakora, satay chicken etc, half-time pehs and sausage rolls, programme, and Andy Willock was the host. He did a really good job and was fun to chat to. Staff were really friendly and it was good fun.

AND, I saw Clyde win for the first time this season. Well deserved for the Bully Wee who looked much better than they have for most of the season. Maybe a bit of hope for the play-offs if Peterhead can be kept at bay?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Did you have to stay behind the glass or could you have sat in the seats in the stand?

52 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Looks good, mate. You missed f**k all yesterday.

I hear you're finishing up at East End?

13 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Looks good, mate. You missed f**k all yesterday.

I hear you're finishing up at East End?

Aye, East End on the 29th to see the Bully Wee. That's their last home game, so I need to make it or I'm stranded on 41 forever and it's a disaster!

Wrapping myself in cotton wool between now and then. Next time I'm at Tynecastle I'll give you a heads up. TA?

9 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

Aye, East End on the 29th to see the Bully Wee. That's their last home game, so I need to make it or I'm stranded on 41 forever and it's a disaster!

Wrapping myself in cotton wool between now and then. Next time I'm at Tynecastle I'll give you a heads up. TA?

Magic. Aye, usually TA. Be good to catch up.

Booking a hotel in Dunfermline for the Friday night? What if the train/car/bus breaks down?

Just saying,... 😀

27 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Magic. Aye, usually TA. Be good to catch up.

Booking a hotel in Dunfermline for the Friday night? What if the train/car/bus breaks down?

Just saying,... 😀

Sake. You're the third person to warn of a transport catastrophe. I'll end up leaving for the game at about 8am.

@DoingThe42 how did you plan the far away games, ie ross county, stranrear etc? We still have quite a few of them left, but don’t want to be travelling from one end of the country to the other, every other week. Was looking at doing 1 at start of the season and 1 at the end. Both when the weather will be a bit better.

Vale of Leithen 0-3 Tynecastle.
Didn't fancy the trip up to Cove v ICT for a second time this season, once is bad enough. Plus I had driven about 300 miles on Friday from Uig in Lewis to back home.
I know the new management guys at Vale so a few of us went down. Vale gave a good account but the 3 goals were pretty much down to weak goalkeeping tbh, although I don't think they had a shot on target. Obviously the Traquair Arms was part of the plan and I had a couple of pints of Tempest IPA, brewed at Tweedbank, plus a pint of Old Speckled Hen in the U***n club where the Vale have the post-match scran.

image.thumb.jpeg.4b7b9ee4af9a52e559130b30a7adff67.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d274e2918038a03f694f89021b80184b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.32bbf1ff8c4458b6976f3ef3dca67247.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bee126016509fad702dc95ad037b031a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7d3b4fd4d99c93d02033aba2fde5c202.jpeg

Edited by The Mantis
Feckin autocorrect

2 hours ago, buchan30 said:

@DoingThe42 how did you plan the far away games, ie ross county, stranrear etc? We still have quite a few of them left, but don’t want to be travelling from one end of the country to the other, every other week. Was looking at doing 1 at start of the season and 1 at the end. Both when the weather will be a bit better.

Planning for the weather is wise. I've ended up doing long drives back from Elgin and Dingwall this season in shocking weather. Wasn't fun.

I basically tried to stagger them to avoid having too many long trips close together. Because I'm doing it in one season, I didn't want to be waking up on my third Saturday in a row looking at a long day's travelling. I think that might have been an enthusiasm killer.

So, I'd usually try to follow up a big trip with a couple of easy ones.

That said, it can also be worth picking just on the basis of the fixtures. I switched things around a few times this season as some games started to look more interesting than others based on the tables.

2 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Having multi hour drives in the wet and dark isn't fun. Neither is the game if you're going as a neutral. We either leave far aways for the better weather or if we can get a hotel for cheap nearby