Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

An excellent week ends up at New Tinto for the inter -league semi  Central Scottish 4 Glasgow & District 1 hct 63. Decent game with the Glaswegian's going 1-0 up in the 2nd half, but the experience told, with some wily campaigners in the white shirts. Enjoyable stuff, 8 games under my belt,  my future return north dependant on Royal Mail's plans 👊 (or I retire at 61 sounds a good idea)

Edinburgh College 0-0 West Calder United. East of Scotland division 3 match. Half time 0-0 was the correct result with neither side creating much at all. 2nd half was much better with both sides having a number of good chances which were well saved by the keepers including a penalty save by the Edinburgh College keeper. 

AECE0A1D-7E61-4488-9EAE-3E50F9D77406.jpeg

F11A2733-A85E-496B-8BD8-C1689C0CFD33.jpeg

Edited by Jute

4 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Train to Aviemore, bus to Grantown + pints Tam. Brave man tackling the A9 on the biggest weekend of the year for Englander tourists…

Pints would be good if they have Cairngorm beers on draught up there- a couple of bottles of Trade Winds were purchased from the local Co-Op, lovely stuff.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Pints would be good if they have Cairngorm beers on draught up there- a couple of bottles of Trade Winds were purchased from the local Co-Op, lovely stuff.

I was in a place on the west side of the Main Street that served me Wildcat but I can’t see it on the map.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

IMG_20230408_151042255.thumb.jpg.7f5809854af65f8002bfb309c30e359e.jpg

An Easter weekend, nice weather and I fancied a trip so it was off to Strathspey Thistle v Buckie Thistle. 

A lovely setting for a neat little ground. Given the League positions of the two clubs you'd have expected a goalfest but Buckie had a penalty saved in the first half and it was frustration for the good travelling support until a couple of late goals soothed the Buckie nerves.

Would be happy going back but they need to get that bloody A9 duelled first. It's a long way from Edinburgh, especially when you have to take a detour on the way back down..

What was with the detour,road accident?

Possibly some prebuilt terrace stands and a seated area, either side of the current cover, would make New Tinto better. Enjoying my trips to Scotland, now visited or seen games at around 70 non league grounds - and have Cove and also F.C  Edinburgh to complete the spfl.Hope to return to Aberdeen next season, and do a few more EOS grounds in future. Interesting to see how this season ends across the pyramid.

Auchinleck Talbot 1-2 Beith, WoSFL Premier, 10/04/23.

A good game tonight at Auchinleck. The visitors went into an early two-goal lead. Really poor defending to concede the penalty for the first, and dreadful communication between centre-half an keeper for the second. Really poor. Well done to the ref for taking a wee moment to get the penalty call right.

Second half Auchinleck came back into it and got a goal back with an absolute rocket. They pushed hard and had a couple of near things as well as a decent penalty shout, but couldn't get level. That's them probably out of contention now.

Good night at the fitba, even allowing for the change in the weather towards the end.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

On 09/04/2023 at 10:09, IrishBhoy said:

I’ve sort of got my heart set on it now even though I’m aware it’s not exactly value for money :lol: but as you say it would be a great experience and a one off for special occasion. Will definitely try and find out the ins and outs before I book though.
I will report back and let yous know if it is indeed a waste of money or if it’s actually worth it. My thinking is that a Barcelona v Atletico Madrid game is going to be of a high enough quality to justify it, with plenty of top class players that we can say we have seen live; Lewandowski, Griezmann etc. Also would be good to see Diego Simeones antics up close, and this is his last season at Atletico Madrid. 

A pal of mine has done it - he said it was great but he is loaded so price wasn't really an issue!

Having looked on the website, there are the 445 euro tickets that seem to be the same package behind the goal, the could also be decent and would probably have a better atmosphere. 

As for it being Simeone's last season? You never know, but I very much doubt it...

Morton 2-0 Hamilton Accies, Championship, 11/04/23.

Was just parking the car at Dumbarton this evening when Brian McLaughlin announced on Radio Scotland that it was GAME AFF in the big League Two game. Quick decision time; Head home or get to Morton - Accies a wee bit late.

No brainer. He who is tired of Cappielow is tired of life.

Got in after about fifteen minutes and saw the remainder of a dull first half. Morton improved a lot in the second half and could have won by more. Accies remind me a bit of Clyde in that they'd make a really good fives team, but are just a bit flimsy for real fitba.

Morton on the edges of the play-offs now, but with the top two to play in their last four games it looks a tall order.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

3 hours ago, DoingThe42 said:

Morton 2-0 Hamilton Accies, Championship, 11/04/23.

Was just parking the car at Dumbarton this evening when Brian McLaughlin announced on Radio Scotland that it was GAME AFF in the big League Two game. Quick decision time; Head home or get to Morton - Accies a wee bit late.

No brainer. He who is tired of Cappielow is tired of life.

Got in after about fifteen minutes and saw the remainder of a dull first half. Morton improved a lot in the second half and could have won by more. Accies remind me a bit of Clyde in that they'd make a really good fives team, but are just a bit flimsy for real fitba.

Morton on the edges of the play-offs now, but with the top two to play in their last four games it looks a tall order.

20230412_022019.jpg

20230412_022040.jpg

20230412_022059.jpg

20230412_022139.jpg

20230412_022118.jpg

20230412_022154.jpg

Last of my Polish games unless I get lucky with fixtures tomorrow night,GKS Katowice 0-OdraOpole 2.very run down ground on outskirts of Katowice,GKS were utterly rank.at least their ice hockey team were good,theyve just become polish champs and displayed the trophy at half time

IMG_20230411_200434.jpg

IMG_20230411_195717.jpg

Thornton Hibs 5-0 Newburgh

East Second Division for us tonight. To a freezing cold Memorial Park in Thornton. Lovely night but once the sun went away it was freezing.

Third time we've seen Newburgh this season and their worst performance. Rumped in the first half with the second a bit of a non-event. 

Really impressed with Memorial Park, getting flash backs to Peebles with the Public Park affair but it is brilliant. Tea in a real mug seems to be a Fife thing but one I'm right behind. Highly recommend a visit if you ever find yourself in Thornton.

20230412_185648.jpg

20230412_192148.jpg

20230412_194712.jpg

23 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Thornton Hibs 5-0 Newburgh

East Second Division for us tonight. To a freezing cold Memorial Park in Thornton. Lovely night but once the sun went away it was freezing.

Third time we've seen Newburgh this season and their worst performance. Rumped in the first half with the second a bit of a non-event. 

Really impressed with Memorial Park, getting flash backs to Peebles with the Public Park affair but it is brilliant. Tea in a real mug seems to be a Fife thing but one I'm right behind. Highly recommend a visit if you ever find yourself in Thornton.

20230412_185648.jpg

20230412_192148.jpg

20230412_194712.jpg

My parents stay a 10 minute walk from that park. Need to get that off my list.

This is probably my favourite thread on P&B. From the San Siro to the parks pitches. 

A greenie for anyone near Shepherds Park or Taharoto Park.....  

Edited by IncomingExile