Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Sunderland 4-4 Hull City. Brilliant Friday evening’s entertainment that was admittedly helped by neither side being overly good at defending. Hull took an early lead only for Sunderland to fight back scoring 2 in as many minutes only for Hull to score again a minute later to make it 2-2. Second half started with Sunderland dominating possession but Hull breaking up field to make it 3-2. Sunderland fought back again to make it 3-3 with a soft looking penalty then go ahead with a great Jack Clarke goal making in 4-3. Hull equalised with last kick of the ball after being awarded a penalty deep into injury time. Over 40,000 in attendance including a sizeable away support which helped generate a cracking atmosphere. 

2CE86D00-6F19-4953-8BA0-24562E1FA162.jpeg

45007222-5C8F-42B6-86B8-0F2C8E957637.jpeg

Drumchapel v Gartcairn 03 (Fri)  today Vale of Clyde v Irvine Vic's 21 decent game, Vale deservedly ahead 20 at ht, dodgy looking offside goal to make it interesting 21, although the Vic's aerial assault was well dealt with by the back four and the gk who commanded his box well. Enjoyable stuff, crowd 75+.20230408_153655.thumb.jpg.581dbbde2257dc81aafa7f7405538ada.jpg

41/42: Stenhousemuir 0-0 Bonnyrigg Rose, League Two, 8/4/2023.

A decent enough game that either side could have won in the sunshine at Ochilview. Enjoyed a Diet Pepsi in the Wee Bar before the game, definitely coming back without the car to get a pint here next season.

Bonnyrigg started well. Lyle had a good one-on-one save, before Rodden put a good ball across goal for no takers. But gradually Stenny started to look a bit better in the final third. They had goals disallowed in each half. First for offside, and secondly for what looked a pretty soft foul from where I was.

Bonnyrigg hit the bar in the second half, but it was down the other end so I couldn't see what happened too clearly.

It petered out in the end for my second goalless draw of the season, and my first since August.

That's League Two all ticked off for the season, and I've really enjoyed it. I saw 8 League Two games (Albion Rovers and Stirling Albion were visited for Cup games) and the average cost of these fourth tier games was fourteen pounds and twelve pence.

None of the four relegation-threatened teams have struck me as terrible, and I've seen them a combined ten times, so I'll be interested to see how that plays out. Although Elgin do seem to have fallen off a cliff, which I did not see coming when I saw them three times before Christmas. They looked a decent side.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by DoingThe42

Another match day in Poland,normally a Saturday&sunday you'd get to choose games from morning till night but due to Easter just managed an earlier kickoff on Saturday (LKGS 38 Podleieske,after messing up my plan A,rozwoj Katowice,by going to the wrong ground🤬)before the main event,pictured,GKS Tychy-Arka Gydnia in L1.im not a tychy fan,btw,I've just happened to catch them twice this week.

Theyre not doing great this year but I was shocked to see how small the crowd was;from my own perspective just as well,buying a ticket just before the game would have been a nightmare(it's a slow process in Poland at times)had there been a good turnout,asit was I barely made KO.

Poor 1st half ended 0-1.much better 2nd half,a sensational freekick equaliser,ball off the post at both ends then what seemed an injury time winner for arka,cue much vitriol from the stands.but then much deeper into injury time,tychy got a penalty,which was missed but the rebound found the net.the home support had those "1 point that feels like 3"grins on afterwards.a few cracovia supporters about,there must be a fan affiliation between them&tychy.cracovia also have an affiliation with arka but I don't think tychy do,it didn't seem to be a love-in

IMG_20230408_165800.jpg

IMG_20230408_154107.jpg

IMG_20230408_150243.jpg

Hertha Berlin 0 RB Leipzig 1

Decided to spend Easter in Berlin, and took my son to Hertha Berlin v RB Leipzig today, at the magnificent Olympiastadion. What an awe-inspiring stadium. The game was nothing to write home about, Leipzig edged it 1-0 with a hotly debated goal following a corner towards the end of the first half, which looked like it was going to be disallowed by the video assistant for a foul on the keeper, but it stood, surprisingly.

Hertha were poor in the first half, but largely dominated the second period, and might have snatched a deserved draw, although they had very little cutting edge in attack. The Hertha fans outclassed their team tbh, and sang incredibly loudly all through the game, even when behind, creating an amazing atmosphere. Amazed that we could come out of a game with a 50k crowd, stroll down to the U-Bahn and straight onto a waiting train, without ever encountering anything resembling a queue. Within 35 minutes of exiting the stadium we were back in our hotel room in Lützowplatz, almost 5km away.

7ED6DA0B-A030-4A41-87BA-E4338F7732D3.jpeg

4955FB48-916C-4812-BABD-AC3B1CAAC425.jpeg

FC8A3A46-08BC-42E3-91DB-1D247A5B07B1.jpeg

51853AA1-B057-4662-9D86-84D4653F266A.jpeg

Edited by Frankie S

Any one on here bought VIP/Hospitality tickets for a Barcelona game at Camp Nou before? I wouldn’t normally consider it but it’s a very special occasion for a family member and I know they would be absolutely over the moon with it. I’m looking at the Barcelona - Atletico Madrid game a week on Sunday and the official website has main stand VIP tickets available, but the only information they give is access to a lounge an hour and a half before the game, premium tickets in the main stand and access to the lounge post match for an hour. I’m assuming it’s free food and drink at those sort of prices (unsure if they have factored in 2 Scottish guys at a free bar into their ticket price), as well as your tickets for the match, but does anyone on here have any experience of it? I can’t find much information online at all, apart from a couple of TripAdvisor reviews. I don’t want to shell out then get there thinking we would have been better in a local pub. Im probably going to just bite the bullet and buy them unless someone comes on here in the next 12 hours or so and tells me it’s a waste of money so any info would be appreciated. 

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Any one on here bought VIP/Hospitality tickets for a Barcelona game at Camp Nou before? I wouldn’t normally consider it but it’s a very special occasion for a family member and I know they would be absolutely over the moon with it. I’m looking at the Barcelona - Atletico Madrid game a week on Sunday and the official website has main stand VIP tickets available, but the only information they give is access to a lounge an hour and a half before the game, premium tickets in the main stand and access to the lounge post match for an hour. I’m assuming it’s free food and drink at those sort of prices (unsure if they have factored in 2 Scottish guys at a free bar into their ticket price), as well as your tickets for the match, but does anyone on here have any experience of it? I can’t find much information online at all, apart from a couple of TripAdvisor reviews. I don’t want to shell out then get there thinking we would have been better in a local pub. Im probably going to just bite the bullet and buy them unless someone comes on here in the next 12 hours or so and tells me it’s a waste of money so any info would be appreciated. 

How much are the prices as a matter of interest?normal match day tickets for Barcelona are utterly ridiculous in themselves

There's probably a dress code too

14 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

How much are the prices as a matter of interest?normal match day tickets for Barcelona are utterly ridiculous in themselves

There's probably a dress code too

It’s €550 a ticket, which I’m fully aware is a ridiculous amount to spend on a football match, but as I said it would be a special occasion and something which would be very much appreciated. Theres a real lack of info out there with regards to what is included in the price of the ticket. From what I can gather it’s free food and drink while you are in the lounge and a seat in the ‘premium’ area of the main stand. It doesn’t sound like fantastic value for money if I’m being honest but it’s more the occasion I would be paying for. 

1 minute ago, IrishBhoy said:

It’s €550 a ticket, which I’m fully aware is a ridiculous amount to spend on a football match, but as I said it would be a special occasion and something which would be very much appreciated. Theres a real lack of info out there with regards to what is included in the price of the ticket. From what I can gather it’s free food and drink while you are in the lounge and a seat in the ‘premium’ area of the main stand. It doesn’t sound like fantastic value for money if I’m being honest but it’s more the occasion I would be paying for. 

Get in touch with them about it-id work on the basis that if theyre unwilling to communicate about it then they don't deserve over a grand of your cash

3 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

Get in touch with them about it-id work on the basis that if theyre unwilling to communicate about it then they don't deserve over a grand of your cash

Good advice. I will give them an email before I book anything and hopefully they are happy to explain what’s included. 

42 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Good advice. I will give them an email before I book anything and hopefully they are happy to explain what’s included. 

At that price I'd give them a call as well. Might as well spend a few minutes on the off-chance there's someone who can speak English and put your mind at ease.

It's a lot of money, but would be a great thing to do. Good luck.

15 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

At that price I'd give them a call as well. Might as well spend a few minutes on the off-chance there's someone who can speak English and put your mind at ease.

It's a lot of money, but would be a great thing to do. Good luck.

I’ve sort of got my heart set on it now even though I’m aware it’s not exactly value for money :lol: but as you say it would be a great experience and a one off for special occasion. Will definitely try and find out the ins and outs before I book though.
I will report back and let yous know if it is indeed a waste of money or if it’s actually worth it. My thinking is that a Barcelona v Atletico Madrid game is going to be of a high enough quality to justify it, with plenty of top class players that we can say we have seen live; Lewandowski, Griezmann etc. Also would be good to see Diego Simeones antics up close, and this is his last season at Atletico Madrid. 

Edinburgh University 4 Dalbeattie Star 0. Despite studying at Edinburgh many moons ago, this was my first visit to Peffermill. Three goals for the home side in a five minute period of the first half settled the game, the students were streets ahead of their opponents. Second half was fairly even but the game was done by then. Edinburgh Uni scored at the end to give them the winning margin they probably merited. Enjoyed my day out. I'll be back.

20230408_152502.jpg

20230408_152443.jpg

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Edinburgh University 4 Dalbeattie Star 0. Despite studying at Edinburgh many moons ago, this was my first visit to Peffermill. Three goals for the home side in a five minute period of the first half settled the game, the students were streets ahead of their opponents. Second half was fairly even but the game was done by then. Edinburgh Uni scored at the end to give them the winning margin they probably merited. Enjoyed my day out. I'll be back.

20230408_152502.jpg

20230408_152443.jpg

Hope you sampled the excellent home baking!

IMG_20230408_151042255.thumb.jpg.7f5809854af65f8002bfb309c30e359e.jpg

An Easter weekend, nice weather and I fancied a trip so it was off to Strathspey Thistle v Buckie Thistle. 

A lovely setting for a neat little ground. Given the League positions of the two clubs you'd have expected a goalfest but Buckie had a penalty saved in the first half and it was frustration for the good travelling support until a couple of late goals soothed the Buckie nerves.

Would be happy going back but they need to get that bloody A9 duelled first. It's a long way from Edinburgh, especially when you have to take a detour on the way back down..

31 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

IMG_20230408_151042255.thumb.jpg.7f5809854af65f8002bfb309c30e359e.jpg

An Easter weekend, nice weather and I fancied a trip so it was off to Strathspey Thistle v Buckie Thistle. 

A lovely setting for a neat little ground. Given the League positions of the two clubs you'd have expected a goalfest but Buckie had a penalty saved in the first half and it was frustration for the good travelling support until a couple of late goals soothed the Buckie nerves.

Would be happy going back but they need to get that bloody A9 duelled first. It's a long way from Edinburgh, especially when you have to take a detour on the way back down..

Train to Aviemore, bus to Grantown + pints Tam. Brave man tackling the A9 on the biggest weekend of the year for Englander tourists…

Lazio 2-1 Juventus 

A truly unique and amazing experience watching Lazio from the Curva Nord as they ran out 2-1 winners against Juventus. 

Over 50,000 in attendance, including around 9,000 Juve fans who made the journey down from Turin.

€5 for a beer inside the ground, don’t even have to leave your seat as there are people walking up and down selling them for the full 90 minutes.

2DCB6830-A2F3-486C-9F82-9A16AE413D77.jpeg

39435EB0-1513-44C9-B79F-BD7A70B15A33.jpeg

44EFEE1F-AFC6-4E49-B2C2-19F360AE6072.jpeg

20B095AF-9866-4234-809C-896BEC8E5391.jpeg

8C27EB64-690A-41A6-A927-FC4666F04BB6.jpeg