Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Edinburgh United 2-0 Craigroyston @ Paties Road Stadium 🌱 yesterday. EOSFL Division 2 relegation 6 pointer 💥. United broke the deadlock just after the restart. Reduced to 10 men 🔴 when a defender made a last man foul, they held on pretty comfortably, before adding a late 2nd. Crowd 79.

C7F0B34D-18AE-413C-8A11-C9225F8E93C7.jpeg

F4B29A5E-3D11-412C-ACD1-B6E97E5BEC48.jpeg

CC102C2E-E92D-4687-8634-8C819D272222.jpeg

11 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Used to be more cover down that side... rest demolished when built new facilities. It had a dirt track (speedway? dogs?).

I remember speaking to someone when we played them in the Scottish Cup a few years back.

They said there was issues regarding the old mine shafts regarding things being built closer to the pitch.

As you say there was a red ash track around the old pitch.

9 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Cowdenbeath 0 Tranent 0.
Disappointed that Nitten v Whitehill was rained off on Friday night so decided on a Hogmanay trip over to the San Central. A nice quiet day on the trains all the way from Eskbank and back. 79 games for the year. Cowden never opened the terracing, but a decent wee crowd of 345 for a LL game. A disappointing goalless game to wind up the year though, so the highlights were probably the pints in Wee Jimmies and the Halfway House and (maybe) the bridie from Bayne's. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5894f914c2c33a6b5ce2f521da72474b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.427d885e0fc6b7287b66e5ff42a22218.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9b2adf79b5efd847c17194b4c698e189.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.123599d7b1583a862be84dcd1b5a57bf.jpeg

Glad you made it over!

It was a novelty having away fans at a home game this season,

You must have had too much pints as there isn’t a Halfway House, used to be one in Kingseat!

I’m in one of your photos.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Glad you made it over!

It was a novelty having away fans at a home game this season,

You must have had too much pints as there isn’t a Halfway House, used to be one in Kingseat!

I suspect Mantis refers to the Halfway House which is half way down the steps from Cockburn Street to Waverley. A fine pint can be had there! 

8 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye I never caught sight of you, thought you might be doing the programmes but it was your mate.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I suspect Mantis refers to the Halfway House which is half way down the steps from Cockburn Street to Waverley. A fine pint can be had there! 

Indeed Mr Bam is right, a short walk to get a pint or two of Edinburgh Gold between trains 😎

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

Aye I never caught sight of you, thought you might be doing the programmes but it was your mate.

Indeed Mr Bam is right, a short walk to get a pint or two of Edinburgh Gold between trains 😎

For 10 minutes or so I left him in charge to nip down to Stephens to get a bridie😀

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

For 10 minutes or so I left him in charge to nip down to Stephens to get a bridie😀

Never usually bother with programmes these days but got one on Sat, always enjoy the Cowdenbeath effort, must be easily the best for the LL. 

15 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Never usually bother with programmes these days but got one on Sat, always enjoy the Cowdenbeath effort, must be easily the best for the LL. 

It’s a wee bit smaller but the cost of printing and paper has gone through the roof in the last year.

Due to the weird fixtures in this league with loads of midweeks we have had to do a few doublers this season although we add 8 pages to them.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Quite a few aways I haven’t got a programme only Hearts B, Berwick , East Kilbride And Strollers have issued against us.

Gateshead 2-2 York City

First game of 2023 sees us pop over the border for some National League. I love York the place and always had a soft spot for York City so we were in the away end.

What a shitehole this is by the way. Like Old Meadowbank with the big stupid stand and the athletics track but away fans need to treck round to the far side to the other stand over an astrotruf pitch with American football goals. This stand has a roof, but no actual cover.

Going by the players that transfer between the two I thought this would be about on par with our Championship. It may have been but it was pretty dreadful stuff. 

York seem to be in a bit of a free fall after coming up last year. Gateshead are second bottom but bossed the game. York somehow manage to score in injury time for a barely deserved point.

20230102_155952.jpg

20230102_151534.jpg

20230102_141433.jpg

1 hour ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Gateshead 2-2 York City

First game of 2023 sees us pop over the border for some National League. I love York the place and always had a soft spot for York City so we were in the away end.

What a shitehole this is by the way. Like Old Meadowbank with the big stupid stand and the athletics track but away fans need to treck round to the far side to the other stand over an astrotruf pitch with American football goals. This stand has a roof, but no actual cover.

Going by the players that transfer between the two I thought this would be about on par with our Championship. It may have been but it was pretty dreadful stuff. 

York seem to be in a bit of a free fall after coming up last year. Gateshead are second bottom but bossed the game. York somehow manage to score in injury time for a barely deserved point.

20230102_155952.jpg

20230102_151534.jpg

20230102_141433.jpg

I went to Gatesheed about a decade ago and it was like a flashback to Meadowbank Thistle matches- big athletics stadium, a load of loonies at the back of the stand and mediocre football :lol:

I did read a rumour they were going to move to a new ground.

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I went to Gatesheed about a decade ago and it was like a flashback to Meadowbank Thistle matches- big athletics stadium, a load of loonies at the back of the stand and mediocre football :lol:

I did read a rumour they were going to move to a new ground.

I was there about 8 years ago for a game against Forest Green.

The main stand wasn’t too bad but the away side didn’t look good.

They had a good programme back then a perfect bound one.

Hayes & Yeading United 2-2 Harrow Borough @ Skyex Community Stadium 🌱. It ended honours even in the A312 derby 💥 with the home side coming back from 2-0 down to claim a point in the Southern League Premier South. Crowd 364.

4DB9738B-87D6-40FC-A151-098DD72DF50D.jpeg

8F6A468F-E2E6-49CF-9CA8-EC861449C20E.jpeg

9CC76D54-40A5-4AD4-8141-D0FEA1728B4E.jpeg

Brentford 3-1 Liverpool @... The Reds 🔴 get stung by the 🐝‘s. Brentford deservedly take the 3 Premier League points. 2-0 down at the break, Liverpool pulled a goal back ⚽ (50) but lost momentum and the home side sealed it with 6 minutes left. Crowd 17,163.

BE8B86F2-F01E-4A7C-83C5-1631B64D15B7.jpeg

ECFAB3DB-8737-421E-9F5F-A9DA3BDB3A39.jpeg

BE2E9CBC-B154-4E7B-ABE6-C7A921D73FC6.jpeg

F00DD8EB-B6B2-49CD-8C85-620F561210B3.jpeg

Edited by Crow

On 02/01/2023 at 16:55, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Gateshead 2-2 York City

20230102_155952.jpg

20230102_151534.jpg

20230102_141433.jpg

Always thought that they would be better sharing with an Ebac Northern Lge and doing the ground up. Went there years ago, even with 5,000 the place would still be a poor venue.

Armadale Thistle 3 v Shotts Bon Accord 3 in a thriller of a friendly. Game played at a really good pace despite the constant rain, both teams moving the ball well on the astro 

1-1 at HT, Shotts started the brighter for the first 10-15 mins, much more even contest after that 

2nd half..very quick Shotts goal for 2-1 then some controversy when the ball appeared to cross the Shotts lime but no go from the ref, Shotts making it 3-1 soon thereafter until a late comeback from the home side 

Have to compliment both the soup and the coffee tonight as well as the game at ground number #94.

7 hours ago, Crow said:

Hayes & Yeading United 2-2 Harrow Borough @ Skyex Community Stadium 🌱. It ended honours even in the A312 derby 💥 with the home side coming back from 2-0 down to claim a point in the Southern League Premier South. Crowd 364.

Poor man's Paties Road that! :lol:

On 03/01/2023 at 16:31, Crow said:

Disappointed when I went to H&Y, loved the old Hayes ground but this place is soulless, hope they've done something to the flat standing around the ground by now. Well done Crow, getting around a bit eh ! 

2 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Disappointed when I went to H&Y, loved the old Hayes ground but this place is soulless, hope they've done something to the flat standing around the ground by now. Well done Crow, getting around a bit eh ! 

Thanks Andy 👍. There is a stand behind one goal now too but access to it was taped off ... maybe just about to be opened? The main stand is a cracker but agree all in all a bit soulless.