Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

With only QoS and FC Edinburgh surviving the freeze below the Championship the only other options in the East were Rosyth at Tier 7 and Heriot-Watt at Tier 8. So rather than stay in the hoose and watch Croatia - Morocco I headed along to Oriam. Plenty other EOS regulars there including @tamthebam.
The Watt looked a very good side and were comfortably 3-0 up at the break. A bit more even second half and it finished Heriot-Watt 3 Lochgelly Albert 0. The Watt challenging well in Div 2 but the Albert could be in trouble at the other end.

image.thumb.jpeg.33b9577bf2399206efa704f609a08bb4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5cd9aa9e4d56df2db033792d5274d0d5.jpeg

IMG_20221217_140344049.thumb.jpg.b3dd550dc732b507fad0daed9b501e65.jpg

Lochgelly guys wondering "whit this indoor shite is all about"...

Edinburgh City 2-2 Montrose

Due to weather original plans for watching Aberdeen game on tv then heading to Civil Service or Spartans were knocked on the head so ended up heading to Meadowbank again to watch FC Whatever they’re called this week v Montrose. Decent game played out in a venue that should not be used for league football as the Montrose fans pointed out several times. Meadowbank is fine for Leith in the EOS but is not fit for league football. A few of the home fans didn’t get the memo about the name change and kept shouting “come on City.”Montrose were probably the better team but wonder strike by Fontaine didn’t deserve to be on losing side. 

64DA3C35-18B3-4CF5-8719-84F0F72FEA10.jpeg

Edited by Jute

10 hours ago, Eric's Cantina said:

Went along to Rosyth - Dunipace

Not every day you see a big crane in the background

I’ll see your crane, and raise you two cranes 😎
Not counting the wee yin on the right

8D04753E-5137-421A-96EE-8B3C94C5BD6D.thumb.jpeg.8fbbb84f322e218ed8df72ea0cd8cdf6.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Knew they played indoors at Toryglen, seen plenty outside at Oriam, but not indoors - my next challenge.

Unless you're open to amateur + youth games etc. you may wait a long time: in 6yrs only 6 senior games have been played indoors... All were at Oriam; among them 2 were novelties (an EOSFA cup final shortly after opened and groundhop game the next year); 2 were down to doublebookings (both Edinburgh College games this spring); only 2 related to bad weather (both Heriot-Watt Uni games - former Jan 2018/latter yesterday).

By definition doublebookings and bad weather also usually arise at short notice.

Ravenscraig staged a few junior games over 10yrs ago.

I've seen Glasgow City 1 Hibs Women 2 in the Women's Cup Semi Final at Toryglen. It was a horrible night outside and Claire Elmslie scored a 25 yard wonder goal.

Thorniewood v one of the East Region teams (Camelon?) in the Junior Cup at Ravenscraig

And yesterday's Heriot-Watt game at The Oriam.

Do I win £5....?

Leith Athletic 2-2 Coldstream 

"It cannie be as bad as folk are saying it is, Falkirk, Clyde, Peterhead etc are grumpy b*****ds, cannie be that bad"

Central Park and Ashfield are hovels but at least they've the excuse of being old. This Stadium isn't yet in it's 2nd year of existence and it's a disgrace. I'm sure if you're a pole vaulter or trampoliner it is brilliant. I'm not I'm a football fan. The £4 entry fee felt a bit steep for this daft wee stand and being miles away from the action. Actually struggled to see the far touchline because of the floodlights and I'm specky. The catering facilities consist of a vending machine, do Edinburgh have a burger van when they play? 

Game was quite good to be fair. No great quality on show but a good end to end game. Most of the crowd seemed to be locals taking advantage of the prices, not to anyone charging £18 and wondering why attendances aren't very good. 2-1 Coldstream at half time and it would have been more, but for an excellent display from Leith's goalkeeper. Leith's equaliser with 5 to play meant a share of the spoils

Go, once, especially if you were at Old Meadowbank, because no matter how bad you thought that was, this is a million times worse

20221220_192556.jpg

20221220_193114.jpg

20221220_210127.jpg

Dumbarton United 5-6 Motherwell Albion.

Well that was chaos. First off, the Albion keeper was wearing a hoodie that was almost the same colour as his outfield team mates. I'm led to believe he doesn't usually play in goals either. United raced into a 3 goal lead midway through the first half. The Albion keeper then launched a verbal tirade at the ref and got himself sent off before throwing his gloves at the ref. To make matters worse, it turned out he had a keeper top on underneath the hoodie alla long which was passed onto one of his team mates along with the retrieved gloves.

3-0 at half time became 4-2 shortly after, before Albion pulled 2 back. United scored again to make it 5-2 before a fight broke out and 2 more Albion players were shown red along with one United player. The previously red carded keeper reappeared and slung some more abuse the ref's way. The ref then threatened to abandon the game if the keeper didnt leave the cage. He actually did say it was done before the Albion players managed to get their keeper to leave and the game restarted. Somehow the 8 men pulled it back to 5-4 then equalised with a penalty in the last minute before snatching a winner in stoppage time.

Truly the most chaotic game I've ever witnessed. Fantastic entertainment on a Tuesday night.

20221220_200049.jpg

27 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Rangers B 2-3 Hearts B.

Biblical rain, no catering and a pretty drab game of football. Great night out.

20221221_194720.jpg

Exactly what you deserve for going to a B team's game tbh 😊

Tranent 8(eight)-0 Edinburgh Uni

This was even more comfortable a win for Tranent than scoreline suggests and if anything Tranent’s play probably deserved a few more goals. Uni were awful and look relegation certainties on tonight’s evidence. 

C9827C77-1B8A-4AC6-A19E-C3F0B6CDEACD.jpeg

2EF459FF-1262-42C4-BACB-5F89CE625879.jpeg

Edited by Jute

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Tranent 8(eight)-0 Edinburgh Uni

This was even more comfortable a win for Tranent than scoreline suggests and if anything Tranent’s play probably deserved a few more goals. Uni were awful and look relegation certainties on tonight’s evidence. 

They're still 2pts ahead of Dalbeattie with home game to come, having won away. Plus if Forfar down/LL champion up: no relegation at all.

Interestingly as it stands another promoted side from EOS Premier powered through to top in Tranent (like Bonnyrigg + Kelty before) - i.e. discounting Rangers B - while another relegated LL side facing further relegation in Vale (like Whitehill).