Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

10 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Off to The Walks again this afternoon for Kings Lynn Town v Darlington in the National League North. 

It amuses me that a team from Kings Lynn are in League North. I know it's because there's a multitude of teams in South England to fill National League South but it's a bit like Gala Fairydean playing in the Highland League

Kilsyth Athletic 3-1 Kilsyth Rangers

The first ever Kilsyth Derby at the West of Scotland Cup from the Kilsyth Sports Field (have I said Kilsyth enough yet)

So, credit to Athletic seem a good bunch of lads and to be fair they were deserved winners but what a midden the Sports Field is. I'm all for new clubs and new grounds coming in but whoever at the West of Scotland League decided that cages were acceptable needs their head checked.

Soaking wet which didn't helped the ground and to be fair the game was good including 25 yard header narrowly missing. Rangers goal going through the net and a rammy after which the referee sent off the wrong player6bca170975df8d412bb1af0fefce99ef.jpga2bee8db53cde22164ccf14447090e89.jpg3d6030360b7e5f17ca526b7b20d8e4c3.jpgfc41ecc82abbb87d220bfc80a8eedabd.jpg2324d36764aa2eaa53562f281cab45db.jpg

A first visit to Balmoor for Peterhead V Alloa Athletic 0-2. Unsure of crowd 300/400?!

£17 (£15 to stand) to sit, Programme (online, but I asked if it could be printed and I was charged £3. Greatly appreciated to club historian and programme editor for doing this. Thanks) 

Wasn't expecting much from struggling Blue Toon. But they battled well for the majority of the match and had a goal disallowed for offside in the first half. Alloa were always dangerous though and took the lead on 55 minutes Peterhead continued to try and get back in the match. But lost a second goal with four minutes to go to the delight of the 21 away supporters behind the goal. 

Good day out. 

IMG_20221022_142727.jpg

IMG_20221022_144540__01.jpg

The The Frosinone 1-0 The The Bari.

I was supposed to be at the Paphos game today but Italian Air traffic control had other ideas. So when in Rome, go to Frosinone.

I'm not really a fan of either team, both of which have double Sevcoed, however Frosinone won me over a bit today. A new stadium which is walkable from the city centre and was pretty full as third in Serie B played fourth. The bar next to the stadium was lively well before kick off and did some great barbecue.

The game itself was utter tripe and gave me flashbacks to a time we played Stranraer in the League Cup. Bari had a man sent off after twenty minutes following a VAR review after initially being given a yellow for kicking an opponent in the head in a 50/50 challenge. After that it was ten men behind the ball for the rest of the match. Bit of a shame as Frosinone had looked good before the red.

I would have put my house on a goalless draw but Frosinone got the winner in injury time to the delight of the masses. Good celebrations at the end including one of the players getting his young son down from the stands and taking him into the dressing room with the team.

Both sets of fans were decent, Bari more so but Frosinone get some points for diverging from the usual songbook.

Roma vs Napoli is sold out so looks like it will be some Serie D action for me domani. bff58d8a72ecb51e446bc2ecfaadfa00.jpg0b9cbc2f6e46d82f9f54a6b013f46b06.jpg05b8cea705b6a0c9c3f1ba2a66a44e14.jpg5ec538f6c4855541c0da61c77dc2ad8b.jpg

22/42: Partick Thistle 0-4 Queens Park, Championship, 22/10/22

Well, well, well. Didn't see this coming.

Thistle were well on top in the first half, and hit the post with a penalty, then hit the bar and missed a couple of good chances besides. Yet, they found themselves a goal down at half-time, harshly.

Second half, the roof fell in. Queens Park played some nice stuff, but Thistle lost their shape and became a rabble after losing a poor second goal.

As an impartial observer, I saw it as one of those days for Thistle. They missed a penalty, and hit the bar twice besides that. On another day one or two of their first-half chances go in and they maybe win comfortably. Losing Tiffony to injury in the second half was a blow, too. He and Milne had been causing problems and finding good positions.

For Queens Park, Eze scored in a much more impressive showing than when I saw him as a sub when they lost to Ayr, and his goal was the 100th I've seen this season all told. McPake took his goals well, but it was too easy from a Thistle viewpoint. I'm not sure what to make of this performance. They've won 4-0 away at a promotion rival, but weirdly I'm unconvinced.

Seeing Thistle again at Ayr on Tuesday. Interested to see how they react.

Final point. The Jackie Husband stand is not designed for full-sized people. First time I've sat in it as an adult, and that was a squeeze. I'm not even fat or all that tall.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by DoingThe42

Forgot to post this at the time, but got a ticket with my old man for Hearts vs Fiorentina a couple of weeks ago in the Europa Conference League.

Hearts were completely outclassed by a Fiorentina team who haven’t had a great start to their Serie A season. Saying that, they had 11 excellent footballers starting for them. In particular Amrabat in the holding midfield position who ran the show and Luka Jovic up top who showed some of the class that earned him a move to Real Madrid a couple of years ago. He could’ve easily had a hat trick.

An enjoyable night out at a sold out Tynecastle. The game ended 3-0 to Fiorentina was but 3 going on 6 or 7 unfortunately for the Jambos. Fiorentina fans were good all game, too.

F0A3FAF2-7368-442C-A69F-9129BA0B30E8.jpeg

8A8D3407-9D61-47D0-A6DE-461FFE40EF17.jpeg

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

Real Monterotondo Scalo 1-3 AS Angri 1927.

Serie D Group G action today, which competes the six top tiers in Italy for me. €10 entry which was only a couple of Euros cheaper than the top end Serie B clash I saw yesterday but this was far more entertaining.

I prefer small Italian towns to the cities and Monterotondo was a nice little trip away, about half an hour from Rome by train.

It was a classic lower league clash: goals, red cards, hearty tackles, defensive clangers, misplaced passes, balls skyed out the stadium, a corner which trundled across the six yard box with zero takers, and barely a minute going by without someone rolling around on the Astroturf.

The home side had a man sent off on twenty minutes at 1-0 down but the rest of the game was even and end to end until a second red was shown. Three injury time goals followed.

The ref had a difficult game but handled it well, despite the accusations from the home fans of there being twelve Angri men.

Probably about 1000 in attendance with roughly 120 away fans penned into a cage on the far side and six folk watching from their balconies.

A good day out. e1ba1fe2ad87cd846409377e4b15e10b.jpgf68b9b5a93e2a9a76f9081f8b76d5305.jpgbd23e7e435b00a0444fe39b36b2ba3bd.jpg32d10349d12b7e861a7f7cb64c57a4c7.jpg

SV Waldhof Mannheim v Dynamo Dresden next weekend.

In Mannheim for my latest hockey trip. 2 home games and on the supporters bus to Nurnberg. Saturday free and since i've already been to Frankfurt, I'm going to see Mannheim's football team take on Dresden in 3. Liga.

23/42: Ayr United 4-2 Partick Thistle, Championship, 25/10/22.

Been looking forward to this one. Somerset was always going to be one of the highlights of the season, being a magnificent place to watch a game, but what a treat this was. A top-of-the-table game with Thistle under the floodlights. Six goals, including a spectacular own goal, and a game that really could have gone either way till the death. Fucking tremendous.

I've seen Thistle ship 8 goals in losing twice this week, but I really don't think they've been that bad. They could have won both this one and their game with Queens Park on Saturday. Due to see them again in a few weeks at Cappielow. Already looking forward to it.

So, Ayr go top. But with 3 points from first to sixth, who knows anything? What a division.

These are probably the two most entertaining teams in my 42 so far. I've seen Ayr twice now, and they've given me 5.5 goals per game, while I've seen Thistle three times, at 5 goals per game.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by DoingThe42