Jump to content

Random Matches You Are Going To...


Haitch

Recommended Posts

Tollcross Thistle 4-4 Drumchapel Amateurs (After Extra Time, Tollcross win 3-2 on penalties).

The delayed 2019-20 Scottish Amateur Cup Final and what a final it was. Drum 3-0 up at halftime but Tollcross came out like a different side in the second half and equalised with a penalty deep into stoppage time. Traded goals early in Extra Time before Drumchapel managed to miss three penalties in the shootout. Fantastic entertainment. 

20220420_192914.jpg

20220420_192955.jpg

20220420_193554.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blidworth Welfare 2-0 Ashland Rovers @ Welfare Ground. Good Friday 🥚 hat-trick ⚽⚽⚽️ completed in the Central Midland League, South Division. A deserved win for the promotion 🆙 chasing home side with a goal in each half. Attendance 107, the highest crowd of the season.

7430FE96-813C-4FCF-8E2E-C4C655A27B26.jpeg

EE72BACF-E9A6-4900-A0B6-C4930E27F9DF.jpeg

4F8AB32F-1212-4BEF-9F43-9B5801FC0E76.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last Saturday ... Manchester City 2-3 Liverpool @ Wembley Stadium 🏟. A brilliant 1st half performance saw Liverpool 3-0 up at half time before they survived a 2nd half comeback to reach the FA Cup 🏆 Final. Crowd 73,793.

7F0F2A69-E730-49C9-9424-7EA9BB7EAF90.jpeg

AB9AEAA0-088D-4026-A551-3123CE0EC684.jpeg

EEA04755-79EC-4461-932D-0987B4BD8629.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Biggar United 1-0 Leithen Rovers @ Biggar Rugby Club ... a dip into the Border Ams last night. Walls Cup QF. The visitors on top in the 1st half but Biggar seemed to frustrate them with a high line and they snatched a winner 20 minutes from time. Crowd 43.

464D691F-DFB3-46BC-A572-DD4BACF39523.jpeg

E8E54CBC-4A84-4206-AC27-A8E69BF4325E.jpeg

EA4004E3-BC62-4B77-A350-91A2F9D619C8.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Killearn 2-1 Gartocharn.

Vale under 20s game was a late call off so made the trip into the countryside to see the Forth and Endrick League kick off their season. Good, competitive game but definite hints of offside for Killearn's winner!

20220422_192028.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Killearn 2-1 Gartocharn.

Vale under 20s game was a late call off so made the trip into the countryside to see the Forth and Endrick League kick off their season. Good, competitive game but definite hints of offside for Killearn's winner!

20220422_192028.jpg

Good to see the Forth & Endrick back Craig. Will need to dig out the insect repellent 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Edinburgh City 2-1 Annan Athletic. Still can’t feel my feet. City deserved winners and played well in first half. Game was more even in second half but City were able to see the game out and keep themselves in last of play off places. 
 

 

11AF98B0-ADB5-40C1-8DD9-56CAF529B236.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Crow said:

Last Saturday ... Manchester City 2-3 Liverpool @ Wembley Stadium 🏟. A brilliant 1st half performance saw Liverpool 3-0 up at half time before they survived a 2nd half comeback to reach the FA Cup 🏆 Final. Crowd 73,793.

7F0F2A69-E730-49C9-9424-7EA9BB7EAF90.jpeg

AB9AEAA0-088D-4026-A551-3123CE0EC684.jpeg

EEA04755-79EC-4461-932D-0987B4BD8629.jpeg

Serious question, how interesting do you think this thread would be if everyone put an entry in every week of the team they support. You post good content in here of the actual random games you go to, i don't see why you have to undo that with this trolling of every Liverpool game. Beyond tedious 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went along to Keanie Park earlier tonight, attempting to watch Johnstone Burgh v Auchinleck Talbot in the Scottish Lowland Development League Challenge Cup. Arrived at the ground about 7.10pm, 20 minutes before the kick off time. Was surprised to see what looked like an under 16s game already in full flow, but that match finished at around 7.25pm and we assumed the cup game was to follow. I did mention to my friend that Keanie Park doesn’t have any floodlights, and by the end of the game we would be in complete darkness. We hung around for another 10 minutes with everyone who had been inside slowly trickling out, and realised we had made a c**t of it when a couple of guys started taking down the nets and we slinked away, confused as to what had happened. 
 

The game between the Burgh and Talbot was played tonight, at Renfrew Juniors ground, which there was absolutely no mention of on either teams social media, or the lowland leagues website itself. It’s completely our fault for getting it wrong but it would be nice if they could publish the location and kick off time somewhere that doesn’t require an MI5 investigation to find out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Won't be going back to Aberfoyle any time soon, worst midges I've ever seen!

Agreed there Craig we were doing laps of the pitch trying to escape them and some others lit a fire by the side of the pitch when we went there. Itching just thinking about it 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Went along to Keanie Park earlier tonight, attempting to watch Johnstone Burgh v Auchinleck Talbot in the Scottish Lowland Development League Challenge Cup. Arrived at the ground about 7.10pm, 20 minutes before the kick off time. Was surprised to see what looked like an under 16s game already in full flow, but that match finished at around 7.25pm and we assumed the cup game was to follow. I did mention to my friend that Keanie Park doesn’t have any floodlights, and by the end of the game we would be in complete darkness. We hung around for another 10 minutes with everyone who had been inside slowly trickling out, and realised we had made a c**t of it when a couple of guys started taking down the nets and we slinked away, confused as to what had happened. 
 

The game between the Burgh and Talbot was played tonight, at Renfrew Juniors ground, which there was absolutely no mention of on either teams social media, or the lowland leagues website itself. It’s completely our fault for getting it wrong but it would be nice if they could publish the location and kick off time somewhere that doesn’t require an MI5 investigation to find out. 

You've sometimes got to be a detective to find the Lowland Development League games. www.scotrishfootballfixtures.wordpress.com does his best to get the locations up, that's usually my first port of call.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

You've sometimes got to be a detective to find the Lowland Development League games. www.scotrishfootballfixtures.wordpress.com does his best to get the locations up, that's usually my first port of call.

Cheers for that.
 

I spent about an hour online trying to find the kick off time. On both teams social media, their websites and the Lowland Leagues page too. I ended up phoning a friend who is friends with someone who plays with Auchinlecks first team, who then phoned a guy who takes to do with the development team. I was told half 7 kick off and naively assumed it would be at Johnstone. Looking back we should have realised a game kicking off at half 7 at night in mid April wasn’t going to be getting played at a ground that didn’t have any flood lights, but it’s a lesson learned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amateur for me as well. BOSA FC 4 Adelaide Red Blue Eagles 0, second week of games in the South Australian Amateur Soccer League Saturday Premier A. The amateurs use soccer as there is an aerial ping pong SAAFL. About 70 people watching but there was a constant stream of people walking dogs, walking without dogs, jogging. You can even buy alcohol at the club house, beer bottles of Peroni or cans of Pirate Life. The cloud is probably the remains of a vapour trail from a Melbourne-Perth flight. 

76BD51AE-C32C-4F05-89F3-77E0686299BF.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another one who was at Bonnyrigg.
Went for a pee and was lucky to catch the 3rd goal as I came back. Also got to walk past the Brochers who, in contrast to the politely applauding Rose fans, were well lubricated and howling constant, incomprehensible drivel at the ref 😎

P1050130.thumb.jpg.753c94b35acbc1659291fa00e2b13420.jpgP1050134.thumb.jpg.1a8ca3e323d14d291b0c026ed6c89925.jpgP1050135.thumb.jpg.4ff1de5949511a8fdefde3747f1d5c04.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Another one who was at Bonnyrigg.
Went for a pee and was lucky to catch the 3rd goal as I came back. Also got to walk past the Brochers who, in contrast to the politely applauding Rose fans, were well lubricated and howling constant, incomprehensible drivel at the ref 😎

P1050130.thumb.jpg.753c94b35acbc1659291fa00e2b13420.jpgP1050134.thumb.jpg.1a8ca3e323d14d291b0c026ed6c89925.jpgP1050135.thumb.jpg.4ff1de5949511a8fdefde3747f1d5c04.jpg

I think you may have been standing next to me in that first photo...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...