Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Didn't take any photos, but I was at the Hibs match vs Motherwell on Saturday. Not all that random, but a mate had a spare ticket and I was curious to how the other half lived.

A good game by all accounts and Hibs probably should've won it in the second half, but Motherwell had chances too. Absolutely baltic day in the capital, I'd say about 12k at the game but the official attendance was given as 15k, to which even some Hibbies around me sniggered when the announcement came over the tannoy.

Quite surreal going to a game like that which didn't involve my team, but still with the home comforts of knowing exactly how to navigate, and where to drink pre and post match.

Have to confess though, I still enjoyed my trip to Livingston on Sunday even more. :) 

A diversion on way home to take in 30 minutes of Linton Hotspur v Longniddry Villa. The visitors took the lead with what I believe is called a "rocket" just as I was leaving.

Sadly the combination of pouring rain and my wee boy deciding to dress himself for the day in shorts led to a swift retreat to the warmth of home. Wee softie.

edfd1b9138133557caa7c25406cb3e35.jpg8316ea64bcfce08577ffd8bead47cdff.jpgae1e70f8fb0b7e8e72593ac06a5a013e.jpg5c3afa986f3e45fca7ddcea4e9e37df6.jpg

With Lochee United called off, I went to Letham 0-4 Arbroath Victoria. First half was fairly close, with Arbroath Vics scoring late on. The second half was one way traffic. The Letham goalkeeper made a number of excellent saves, but once Vics did score, they were always going on to score another few.

Ground isn't great, but also no worse than the likes of Leith and Rosyth. That makes it weird that the EOS rejected them. Someone I spoke to said that he reckoned they did that to not have another Perth side for travelling reasons. They are happy in the Midlands League now though and don't want to move now.
946a120ec82f0e315d946a56b9d5cfb2.jpga9c5864050009c20d8610bf370c6098a.jpg

Edinburgh Uni 1-0 Gretna. Was either this or Christmas shopping. Actually turned out to be a decent game with both sides playing some good football at times. Home baking was as good as ever. 

0FAD34C0-280C-4667-965F-77298CAACDCF.jpeg

7D2F0794-7714-4CF0-A6D7-201B8322142E.jpeg

AA34DD57-774F-4129-9E0B-36F2C74E69F9.jpeg

Edited by Jute

CFR 1-0 Mioveni.

A decent game. Cluj easily the better team although Mioveni came back into it in the last ten minutes and an equaliser wouldn't have been a disservice.

Very disappointing attendance, maybe 2,000 to see the best side in the country in a city of 300,000. A ticket was about the price of a craft beer in one of the local bars.

Cracking stadium though. I'm not sure how often they fill it but it should hold an amazing atmosphere. There was a brief powercut in the first half and the scoreboard needed to reboot. 5b3140a10617cb47790a45d26b6d348f.jpgb0ad7face0e93f8035ae2474b2abc39a.jpg6b1fa140e1e0792290f2d72835fda709.jpg

Current regulations in Bavaria meant that H96's game in Ingolstadt was behind closed doors. Work colleague is a member at SV Hamburg so was able get tickets via him for myself and a Rostock supporting mate for yestaerdays game at the Imtech Arena / Volksparkstadion.

Just 15.000 allowed, with 750 away fans in the official away end, must have been at least another 1.000 in the blocks next to the away section. All nice and friendly, no animosity between Hamburg & Rostock unlike the relationship between St. Pauli & Rostock.

Interesting enough game from a 'neutral' (was glad to see Rostock go home pointless) point of view, with Hamburg running out well deserved 3-0 winners.

HH3.jpg

HH2.jpg

HH1.jpg

Not very random these days but rather than sit in the house headed to Edinburgh City 0v4 Forfar. Forfar were as comfortable winners as the score suggests. Poorest I have seen City play this season. Forfar look a decent side who might yet run Kelty close. 

89CC7516-FFC7-4909-A2E8-B3263A6C2222.jpeg

A diversion on way home to take in 30 minutes of Linton Hotspur v Longniddry Villa. The visitors took the lead with what I believe is called a "rocket" just as I was leaving.

Sadly the combination of pouring rain and my wee boy deciding to dress himself for the day in shorts led to a swift retreat to the warmth of home. Wee softie.

edfd1b9138133557caa7c25406cb3e35.jpg8316ea64bcfce08577ffd8bead47cdff.jpgae1e70f8fb0b7e8e72593ac06a5a013e.jpg5c3afa986f3e45fca7ddcea4e9e37df6.jpg

West Linton? I stayed just down the road from there when I worked in Peebles. Still hoping to get to one of their games and the Rovers at some point.

West Linton? I stayed just down the road from there when I worked in Peebles. Still hoping to get to one of their games and the Rovers at some point.
West Linton it is. That's where I'm exiled to.

The ground is newish, just outside town, on the Deanfoot Road heading out over the moor towards Penicuik. A nice setting, excellent pies in the clubhouse and a fridge full of beers (for a donation to club funds!). Small wee club, building very slowly and carefully, doing well to grow given the fairly rural catchment.

Peebles Rovers have a stunning setting, a wonderful stand, but few of the mod cons of Linton Hotspur.

Both are fantastic places to go for a game. You'll not be disappointed if you go to either.

West Linton it is. That's where I'm exiled to.

The ground is newish, just outside town, on the Deanfoot Road heading out over the moor towards Penicuik. A nice setting, excellent pies in the clubhouse and a fridge full of beers (for a donation to club funds!). Small wee club, building very slowly and carefully, doing well to grow given the fairly rural catchment.

Peebles Rovers have a stunning setting, a wonderful stand, but few of the mod cons of Linton Hotspur.

Both are fantastic places to go for a game. You'll not be disappointed if you go to either.

Yeah I have been to the Gytes for runs and games with the school team before but due to my stay there coinciding with lockdown, I never managed a game. It's high on the list next time I get down for a weekend.

Musselburgh Ath 0-6 Linlithgow Rose. Musselburgh were probably very unlucky to be 3-0 down at half time. They had more of the ball and more chances but Linlithgow were just clinical and took the only 3 real chances they had. Musselburgh just collapsed in the 2nd half and Linlithgow could easily got more than the 3 they did. 

F8D80869-DF98-4E5F-8C18-9384C138A69B.jpeg

511418AB-4F29-405D-B484-AAAA3E49992A.jpeg

Edited by Jute

East Craigie A-A Tayport 
Midlands League

An okay game of football, quite a close first half with Tayport having a couple of chances early on but the Shippy just edged it in the final 10 and probably deserved their 1-0 lead - the fog came in quite quickly during HT and the ref did delay the second half by 10 mins to see if it would clear up - it instead got considerably worse as it was coming from the Tay.

That combined with Craigie Park's lack of illuminations meant there was no chance of restarting and finishing the game before it got dark.

Steak and Gravy Peh was very good, so every cloud and that.

Crowd: 105ish

Edited by Ray Patterson

Middlesbrough 1-0 Bournemouth (EFL Championship, 18/12/2021). 

I am in the north-east this weekend, so thought I might as well try and get along to a couple of games. First up, the Riverside this lunchtime. I did fear the worst as I saw the litany of postponements coming through from England during the week, but thankfully this one survived. 

This wasn't an amazing spectacle; Bournemouth shaded a fairly uneventful first half, spurning a couple of really presentable opportunities to put themselves ahead - Ryan Christie was particularly guilty of profligacy on the stroke of half-time, shooting wide from about six yards when it looked easier to score. Middlesbrough did improve and were significantly better than Bournemouth in the second half. The game was decided by a penalty, which I thought looked a bit soft in real time but I would probably need to see it again to make a definitive judgement.  

Overall, I think the better team won this. I was disappointed by Bournemouth - they looked like they were going to run away with the Championship earlier this season, but they didn't look great at all here, especially considering the talent they have across their squad. They never properly looked like getting anything from the game once Middlesbrough went in front. 

On a side note, I would have to say that Middlesbrough fans - or those around me - definitely don't appreciate playing out from the back, or the goalkeeper punching the ball rather than catching it. I know this is a common theme across UK grounds, but Middlesbrough fans seemed to be particularly vociferous about it. 

Some (very) amateur photography:

EA02FAF6-B408-4D4E-AB1C-9161289FD75F_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.00867f12a7ec6f3ca0602e659a952ef9.jpeg

773E62B2-97FD-4987-AB1B-D1DA8ED2E55F_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.d112c565ea369db542ad61f53c880648.jpeg

55803BF1-CCC1-428E-A74B-68662B9882C0_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.05803e35b84a2ce6110396cc36e37b3b.jpeg

F08A9E63-0572-4E06-B64B-5DB2C79DACD7_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.0a41986bb3a8cd295de4ac7d571f1ff9.jpeg

On 13/12/2021 at 22:01, German Jag said:

Current regulations in Bavaria meant that H96's game in Ingolstadt was behind closed doors. Work colleague is a member at SV Hamburg so was able get tickets via him for myself and a Rostock supporting mate for yestaerdays game at the Imtech Arena / Volksparkstadion.

Just 15.000 allowed, with 750 away fans in the official away end, must have been at least another 1.000 in the blocks next to the away section. All nice and friendly, no animosity between Hamburg & Rostock unlike the relationship between St. Pauli & Rostock.

Interesting enough game from a 'neutral' (was glad to see Rostock go home pointless) point of view, with Hamburg running out well deserved 3-0 winners.

HH3.jpg

HH2.jpg

HH1.jpg

I've kinda taken a shine to the bundesliga recently. Don't have a team that I follow, but the hanover Jersey is very nice, might put the pennies away to get one 😉 . I'm not one for the "big" teams however, like dortmund or Bayern.