Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

20 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Going to Man City v PSG on Wednesday night but I’m at a loose end on the Tuesday. Would appreciate P&B’s help. My options are: 

Bolton v Doncaster

Salford City v Bristol Rovers

Stockport County v Kings Lynn 

Sit in the pub watching the Champions League. 

Bolton and Stockport look pretty easy to get to from Manchester City centre, Salford less so but still doable. 

Thoughts?

stockport-kings lynn

any of the 3 tbh

please dont sit in a pub watching the champions league when theres perfectly good matches being played nearby

9 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

keltyu20s -east kilbride tonight

lochore welfare -dundonald bluebell tomorrow followed by second half of crossgates game

Hitting the Fife tourist trail. I’m going to our game with Forfar United v Scone Thistle as the warm up.

Cumbernauld Colts 4-3 Tynecastle (AET).

Tynecastle led twice and missed a penalty before trailing 3-2. A late equaliser took it to extra time. Cumbernauld were awarded a penalty which made it 4-3, before Tynecastle had one denied for an almost identical incident just minutes later. Egomaniac ref Ross Menzies sent off a player from each team for dissent before the final whistle sounded. A highly entertaining game.

20211119_194824.jpg

Bo'ness Athletic 2-0 Glenafton Athletic
Third round South challenge Cup. Excellent performance and result by the hosts in what can definitely be called a cup shock. They fully deserved their victory. Excellent attendance too, it was very busy. f1ec8c5f7a2a65710f4d15248b34998d.jpg39b66022a6d1fb6b22b96615f25ea9ef.jpg7fe08b6b4dbe12af285f1b90c5f2031a.jpg

On 18/11/2021 at 14:02, ScottR96 said:

Going to Man City v PSG on Wednesday night but I’m at a loose end on the Tuesday. Would appreciate P&B’s help. My options are: 

Bolton v Doncaster

Salford City v Bristol Rovers

Stockport County v Kings Lynn 

Sit in the pub watching the Champions League. 

Bolton and Stockport look pretty easy to get to from Manchester City centre, Salford less so but still doable. 

Thoughts?

You can get to Salford's park easy enough on the Bury bus that leaves from Victoria Station, runs every 10 minutes. But i'd go with Stockport Vs Kings Lynn out of those options. Going to head along to Chester Vs Guiseley myself that night myself though I think.

Edited by Christophe

Irvine Vics 1 Shotts Bon Accord 3 HT.

Utterly magical day. Started with a wee cruise over to Arran and back, bite to eat at Irvine Beach, then a first visit to this wonderful wee ground.

It's a ramshackle place, but with bags of character, trains pelting past and they sell onion pies. What more do you need?

Glad I chose this over my Plan B of Saltcoats.
d0c070ae3c1e5f93cedc131ff19fcc2b.jpgc5a6ba90d0e51cb670bf879a9c6b08af.jpgb6501ca05ee8ad13f630cc900ab4b1ce.jpg9e290f43c4f43239840cbbf6e607f560.jpg

Managed to get to a double game for the third time this season. A first visit to Newlandsfield to see Pollok against Harthill Royal in the South Challenge cup. Pollok winning 2-1 with a late goal in front of 470. 

Second game wasn't so Random as made it over to Hampden to see Celtic V St Johnstone. 1-0 Celtic 42298 in attendance. 

IMG_20211120_132943.jpg

IMG_20211120_172901.jpg

40 minutes ago, atfccfc said:

Managed to get to a double game for the third time this season. A first visit to Newlandsfield to see Pollok against Harthill Royal in the South Challenge cup. Pollok winning 2-1 with a late goal in front of 470.

Harthill puzzle me.

Having gone West but been put in Fourth Division with ex-amateurs and youths I thought they might walk it - but they've been scrapping around bottom 3.

When it comes to cups, though, they've excelled... won at Kinnoull, run Banks o'Dee close, run Pollok close.

Jekyll-&-Hyde.

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Harthill puzzle me.

Having gone West but been put in Fourth Division with ex-amateurs and youths I thought they might walk it - but they've been scrapping around bottom 3.

When it comes to cups, though, they've excelled... won at Kinnoull, run Banks o'Dee close, run Pollok close.

Jekyll-&-Hyde.

I know very little about the Juniors, and I expected Pollok to score a few today. But Pollok were awful and didn't get going. I was more impressed with them earlier in the season at Clydebank. Harthill worked their socks off today, defended deep and well in the game and tried to get forward when they could. Sending off directly cost them today. Sub booked twice. After he went off, Pollok hit a long free kick. Then won another by the corner flag where the winner came from as the cross was headed home. 

Stirling University Women 1-5 Dundee United
At the Gannochy Sports Centre, dominating performance by the Arabs, who were the better side from start to finish. Dundee United's last goal by Jade McLaren was the most beautiful goal I've seen in the nearly 80 games I've been to so far this year. It was a wonderful shot from close to the corner flag, right into the furthest top corner of the goal. A very difficult angle and she placed it perfectly to complete a hattrick. And that after missing a sitter from 2 yards at 0-0!

eec76d9438856523ff10d3ced24d9312.jpg085aed0e3c16352e1ec793cf993e460c.jpgb939b2e1f1427de99b958693e973c85c.jpgc0883dd321144631a7531a78b1a63687.jpg

Problems with weather and trains, I ended up at the Clydebank Hub for Youth Cup u18 : Drumchapel Amateurs v Clydebank 2-3 aet. Despite having  the forward red carded for a stupid foul, the Drum battled well to stay in the game and eventually grab the winner late on. Primarily a Gaelic football set up, it took me a while to follow the blue lines without my glasses ! Decent game for the hardy few,nice set up in clubhouse.

Went to Malmo FF v BK Hacken in the Allsvenskan. Going into the game Malmo were one point ahead of Djugardens with three games to go and, mathematically, any of the top five could win the league although, realistically, only the top 3 can be counted and even AIK in third need a few results to go in their favour.

Malmo have a tidy wee stadium and their fans never stopped singing throughout but there was very little passion I felt. Was very wholesome stuff. Very Swedish. 

As for the game Malmo took an early lead through Colcack (sp?) their Croatian striker who looks an absolute pler. But they set up a sort of 4-2-3-1 formation with the wingers cutting inside and a lot of tidy stuff being played around the edge of the box with no cutting edge. Both their 'wingers' were having howlers as well. Never really looked in much danger as Hacken, despite causing a bit of panic with some direct running, had nothing approaching an end ball. 1-0 Malmo half time and the Malmo fan I was with mentioned how dead the game felt as tho' both teams were happy with the result (Hacken are in mid table with nothing to play for)

Two minutes into the 2nd half Hacken finally hit a decent cross and take the lead and, within the hour, were 2-0 up as Malmo absolutely shat the bed. Malmo finally sprang into action but Hacken's midfield were sitting deep and not letting them play their fancy wee passes around the outside of the box. Malmo constantly had space on the wings but were determined to keep cutting inside. As soon as they started playing the ball out wide with quarter an hour to go they got the equaliser from a cross and looked dangerous for the rest of the game but the change in style was a bit too late. Ended 2-2. Some light booing at the end and they now need to hope Djugardens drop points in their last three games. 

Djugardens also shat the bed with a 1-1 draw last night but the other three teams all got a win on the Sunday. So, two games to go, and five teams still technically in it...

image.png.4c7c0af659824a7c87d54e695fa7fb99.png

Malmo's final game is at home a week on Saturday and it's ony a £28 return from Edinburgh. Sorely tempted.

I'd like to buy 3 tickets for the Bologna v Fiorentina 5th December.
What is my best option?
Thanks in advance.
Buy them online from the official partner on their website. I'd imagine they'd be about €25 or so. It's essential you bring your passport with you to the game (by law you should have it on you at all times).

Aberdeen University 0-1 Heriot Watt University.

Showed up at Balmoral Stadium to find out that Robert Gordon v Abertay was cancelled so it was back into the car for a hop across the city to the Hillhead Centre.

Pretty dreadful game, but Heriot Watt deserved their win, having the marginally better of the play.

20211124_135233.jpg

9 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
59 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:
I'd like to buy 3 tickets for the Bologna v Fiorentina 5th December.
What is my best option?
Thanks in advance.

Buy them online from the official partner on their website. I'd imagine they'd be about €25 or so. It's essential you bring your passport with you to the game (by law you should have it on you at all times).

I've looked at the club website and they are not on sale yet. That Viagogo have tickets to sell if you trust the seller. I think they are 35 Euro. I'd rather avoid them.

I was told that they have an entry system where everyone gets an allotted time for when to turn up and you have to have your covid passport. 

I've looked at the club website and they are not on sale yet. That Viagogo have tickets to sell if you trust the seller. I think they are 35 Euro. I'd rather avoid them.
I was told that they have an entry system where everyone gets an allotted time for when to turn up and you have to have your covid passport. 
I'm not sure about covid restrictions, but when I was going to games before the first lockdown, tickets had your name and passport number on them and the police checked it matched your ID on the way in. I'd steer well clear of second-hand tickets.

The game is unlikely to sell out, you'll be fine getting tickets the normal way like everyone else.