Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Glasgow Women 3-2 Boroughmuir Thistle at New Tinto Park this lunchtime.

A lively game from start to finish. Glasgow down to ten for the last ten minutes following a red card that only referee Chris Gentles will know what for, but they dug in and scored a dramatic stoppage time winner. Great entertainment for my fiver.

20211107_120331.jpg

20211107_120612.jpg

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Glasgow Women 3-2 Boroughmuir Thistle at New Tinto Park this lunchtime.

A lively game from start to finish. Glasgow down to ten for the last ten minutes following a red card that only referee Chris Gentles will know what for, but they dug in and scored a dramatic stoppage time winner. Great entertainment for my fiver.

20211107_120331.jpg

20211107_120612.jpg

Chris Gentles.... :lol:

He must have been beeling that he couldn't send anyone off at Accies v Hibs Ladies on Wednesday and made up for it ..

Motherwell women 4-3 Aberdeen at Alliance Park.
Excellent game for a neutral. Motherwell had a very strong first half and a good start to the second half. They took a 4-1 lead but two goals in quick succession by Aberdeen around the 80th minute ensured an exciting finish. Motherwell held on for a deserved win though.

With this visit I've now been to all grounds in the SWPL1.

3fc6d90805d6be10e500a6d4dfd98713.jpgdfc7e2202574321fdfc2746e9027f402.jpg1316367c33c14495d8b4a823ab935371.jpg

Tynecastle 3-3 Dundonald Bluebell. Real game of 2 halves. Dundonald were in total control in the first half should have been more than 3-0 ahead at the break. Tynecastle were even reduced to 10 men. Not convinced it was a red card but thought that was game done. However even with 10 men Tynecastle were much better in second half and deserved to get their last minute equaliser. Great entertainment.

F8BF3D51-1B27-43B0-B6F2-E2A40133CEAD.jpeg

Edited by Jute

Whitehill Welfare 0-7 Tranent Juniors
Lovely ground, definitely worth a visit. Whitehill got a man sent off after 8 minutes due to a bad tackle. I couldn't see it well enough to judge whether or not it was the correct decision. That basically ruined any hope for me of seeing a close game, what I generally hope for when going to games as a neutral. Whitehill held well in the first half, only 0-1 at half time. But when Tranent scored two quick fire goals straight after the start of the second half, it was clear we were going to see a big scoreline.
9d877bec81d16052bd35decdedcf4340.jpg9612b7bcafd628099e46211861b7a072.jpg084d6003fa6dad3940884982a1f4c49f.jpg3d13e6a978db0254e2ca3402e0fd798e.jpg

Been a wee while since I posted but it was Meggetland for me too yesterday.

Unbelievable entertainment for £7. Tynecastle terrible in the first half with a man sent off and 3-0 down but they battled back and a last minute equaliser sent the place wild.

usual write up is here, give it a read if you can!

https://groundhopscot.wordpress.com/2021/11/10/club-27-279-tynecastle-fc/

Meggetland 1.jpeg

Edited by GroundhopScot

Brighton 1 v 1 Newcastle on Saturday evening.

Not a classic, but enough to keep it entertaining. Brighton finished the game with defender Lewis Dunk in goal after their keeper was sent off, but Newcastle never really tested him. Brighton probably we’re marginally better, but a draw seemed fair. Also we were sitting beside possibly the sweariest man I’ve ever encountered at the football, which kept us amused when the game was quiet.

It’s a new stadium done well, and Brighton have done a good job of giving it some character. And they sell it out every home game. Fair old trek to and from the city centre (£18 in a taxi), but a fun place for a night out afterwards.

40250CA2-8B46-4205-817A-FE1A755927A2.jpeg

…and then Arsenal v Watford on Sunday afternoon.

The Emirates is an impressive beast of a football stadium (I’ve been before - when Scotland played Brazil - but can barely remember it as I don’t think I’ve ever been so hungover at a football match).

We paid a touch extra for a package that got you good seats and various other perks - a stadium tour, programme, money off at the club shop, etc. As a one-off experience it was just about worth it. And the place you spend time in before/during/after the game is pretty swanky - like a fancier airport departure lounge.

Swanky prices too though. My mate paid £11.50 for a burger. Not extras like chips or extra fillings though - that would have been £20!

All in all, it’s a long way from Palmerston.

Like Brighton the night before, no classic but enough to keep things entertaining. They probably had the chances to have won by more, but as the song goes it was 1-0 to the Arsenal.

Here’s Aubameyang about to miss his penalty…

BF029249-019F-4675-9D7E-3AC47090661E.jpeg

8 hours ago, Adamski said:

…and then Arsenal v Watford on Sunday afternoon.

The Emirates is an impressive beast of a football stadium (I’ve been before - when Scotland played Brazil - but can barely remember it as I don’t think I’ve ever been so hungover at a football match).

We paid a touch extra for a package that got you good seats and various other perks - a stadium tour, programme, money off at the club shop, etc. As a one-off experience it was just about worth it. And the place you spend time in before/during/after the game is pretty swanky - like a fancier airport departure lounge.

Swanky prices too though. My mate paid £11.50 for a burger. Not extras like chips or extra fillings though - that would have been £20!

All in all, it’s a long way from Palmerston.

Like Brighton the night before, no classic but enough to keep things entertaining. They probably had the chances to have won by more, but as the song goes it was 1-0 to the Arsenal.

Here’s Aubameyang about to miss his penalty…

BF029249-019F-4675-9D7E-3AC47090661E.jpeg

Big Watford player encroaching, should've been retaken!

22 hours ago, Marten said:

Whitehill Welfare 0-7 Tranent Juniors
Lovely ground, definitely worth a visit. Whitehill got a man sent off after 8 minutes due to a bad tackle. I couldn't see it well enough to judge whether or not it was the correct decision. That basically ruined any hope for me of seeing a close game, what I generally hope for when going to games as a neutral. Whitehill held well in the first half, only 0-1 at half time. But when Tranent scored two quick fire goals straight after the start of the second half, it was clear we were going to see a big scoreline.
9d877bec81d16052bd35decdedcf4340.jpg9612b7bcafd628099e46211861b7a072.jpg084d6003fa6dad3940884982a1f4c49f.jpg3d13e6a978db0254e2ca3402e0fd798e.jpg

I know the lad (macintosh) that scored 5 goals, he's very loud 😂😂

Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 4-5 Crossgates Primrose
Spectacular game, Swifts went 2-0 up early on, Crossgates equalised within 25 minutes. Swifts took the lead again but then conceded twice meaning it was 3-4 at HT. A penalty gave the equaliser early in the second half. The visitors' manager then got a red card. 10 minutes from the end, Swifts got a player sent off. Crossgates scored the winner late on. Not a great ground but a great game for a neutral.

c59b6ecda71326d0075a3c24ea88063c.jpg4cc2f66bfa12a28d9095ca174aaec814.jpg

Cumbernauld Colts 2-3 Rangers B at Broadwood last night.

Rangers win in stoppage time after a pretty even game. Biggest crowd I've ever seen at a Cumbernauld Colts game by a long way. I'm no fan of the B teams, but I can see why teams like Cumbernauld voted them in on nights like this. Still hoping it genuinely is just for this season though.

20211110_203400.jpg

Edinburgh City 3-1 Stranraer. Last minute decision to head to this one. City probably the better team over all but their confidence seemed to collapse when Stranraer made it 2-1 and they were probably lucky not concede a 2nd before getting 3rd to settle it late on.

EFFFA8FF-8127-44A9-815A-7FE5D62B2690.jpeg

10 hours ago, Marten said:

Scotland U21 2-1 Kazakhstan U21 at Tannadice.
Decent win for Scotland. Kazakhstan used Thomson Park for training which was nice to know for me.

bdb6e98c8344059c8070d20d8bbd873d.jpg

Did they announce a crowd? Looked to be not too bad considering how close it was to the senior team's game.

We had Russia under 17s train at Millburn a few years ago when they were over for a qualifying group. It's nice when they use the local teams to get their training done!

Did they announce a crowd? Looked to be not too bad considering how close it was to the senior team's game.
We had Russia under 17s train at Millburn a few years ago when they were over for a qualifying group. It's nice when they use the local teams to get their training done!
Crowd was 1221