Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

22 hours ago, Marten said:

Whitehill Welfare 0-7 Tranent Juniors
Lovely ground, definitely worth a visit. Whitehill got a man sent off after 8 minutes due to a bad tackle. I couldn't see it well enough to judge whether or not it was the correct decision. That basically ruined any hope for me of seeing a close game, what I generally hope for when going to games as a neutral. Whitehill held well in the first half, only 0-1 at half time. But when Tranent scored two quick fire goals straight after the start of the second half, it was clear we were going to see a big scoreline.
9d877bec81d16052bd35decdedcf4340.jpg9612b7bcafd628099e46211861b7a072.jpg084d6003fa6dad3940884982a1f4c49f.jpg3d13e6a978db0254e2ca3402e0fd798e.jpg

I know the lad (macintosh) that scored 5 goals, he's very loud 😂😂

Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 4-5 Crossgates Primrose
Spectacular game, Swifts went 2-0 up early on, Crossgates equalised within 25 minutes. Swifts took the lead again but then conceded twice meaning it was 3-4 at HT. A penalty gave the equaliser early in the second half. The visitors' manager then got a red card. 10 minutes from the end, Swifts got a player sent off. Crossgates scored the winner late on. Not a great ground but a great game for a neutral.

c59b6ecda71326d0075a3c24ea88063c.jpg4cc2f66bfa12a28d9095ca174aaec814.jpg

Cumbernauld Colts 2-3 Rangers B at Broadwood last night.

Rangers win in stoppage time after a pretty even game. Biggest crowd I've ever seen at a Cumbernauld Colts game by a long way. I'm no fan of the B teams, but I can see why teams like Cumbernauld voted them in on nights like this. Still hoping it genuinely is just for this season though.

20211110_203400.jpg

Edinburgh City 3-1 Stranraer. Last minute decision to head to this one. City probably the better team over all but their confidence seemed to collapse when Stranraer made it 2-1 and they were probably lucky not concede a 2nd before getting 3rd to settle it late on.

EFFFA8FF-8127-44A9-815A-7FE5D62B2690.jpeg

10 hours ago, Marten said:

Scotland U21 2-1 Kazakhstan U21 at Tannadice.
Decent win for Scotland. Kazakhstan used Thomson Park for training which was nice to know for me.

bdb6e98c8344059c8070d20d8bbd873d.jpg

Did they announce a crowd? Looked to be not too bad considering how close it was to the senior team's game.

We had Russia under 17s train at Millburn a few years ago when they were over for a qualifying group. It's nice when they use the local teams to get their training done!

Did they announce a crowd? Looked to be not too bad considering how close it was to the senior team's game.
We had Russia under 17s train at Millburn a few years ago when they were over for a qualifying group. It's nice when they use the local teams to get their training done!
Crowd was 1221

On 07/11/2021 at 18:42, Marten said:

With this visit I've now been to all grounds in the SWPL1.

But I’ve been to every ground in that league except the Rangers training centre and I haven’t seen a women’s game at any of them 😜

WW must wish they had a tenner (or maybe a point) for everybody who’s said this:

On 09/11/2021 at 22:51, Marten said:

Lovely ground, definitely worth a visit.

i too went to the u21 game at tannadice

to round up a wee football trip today i went to see 2 university games in Dundee;Abertay coming from behind to beat Robert Gordons 3-2 in an entertaining game at Broughty Athletic and Dundee 1st being hammered 0-10 by Stirling Uni 2nd down at the riverside 3G by the airport

Going to Man City v PSG on Wednesday night but I’m at a loose end on the Tuesday. Would appreciate P&B’s help. My options are: 

Bolton v Doncaster

Salford City v Bristol Rovers

Stockport County v Kings Lynn 

Sit in the pub watching the Champions League. 

Bolton and Stockport look pretty easy to get to from Manchester City centre, Salford less so but still doable. 

Thoughts?

4 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Going to Man City v PSG on Wednesday night but I’m at a loose end on the Tuesday. Would appreciate P&B’s help. My options are: 

Bolton v Doncaster

Bolton and Stockport look pretty easy to get to from Manchester City centre, Salford less so but still doable. 

Thoughts?

I'd probably plump for Stockport seems a good ground although I believe Salford's prices are reasonable for L2.

5 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Bolton v Doncaster

Thoughts?

I had thought Salford was easiest, but overall journey time is much the same on public transport. Salford looks the best game.