Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Seen that the Northern Premier (and lower divisions) begin next weekend. I believe crowds are allowed in from NPL downwards so might take in a game or 2 before Clyde's season gets underway.

Don't know much about the teams or exact locations of teams bar South Shields, Lancaster and Bamber Bridge so will likely be their home games I look at first before having a look through the others. Any particular recommendations?

I've always quite fancied watching West Auckland Town, the first "World Champions". I don’t have any idea what their set up is like, only far North of England grounds I've been to are Newcastle, Boro and Sunderland, sorry.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

19 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Seen that the Northern Premier (and lower divisions) begin next weekend. I believe crowds are allowed in from NPL downwards so might take in a game or 2 before Clyde's season gets underway.

Don't know much about the teams or exact locations of teams bar South Shields, Lancaster and Bamber Bridge so will likely be their home games I look at first before having a look through the others. Any particular recommendations?

Lancaster, you can see it from the train station. It's near the top of my list this season.

After a shite end. I've had a great start and been to 2 new grounds already, with a 3rd planned on the 19th.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

17 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Lancaster, you can see it from the train station. It's near the top of my list this season.

After a wqhite end. I've had a great start and been to 2 new grounds already, with a 3rd planned on the 19th.

Aye I've went by their ground a few times on the way to Preston/Blackburn. Nice easy one from Glasgow too.

They're actually at home this Saturday to Spennymoor (a friendly I'm assuming) which you can buy tickets for on their website but already got plans this weekend. Pity.

Edited by C. Muir

I went to Alnwick v Newcastle Chemfica. Chemfica won 3-2.

It was quite good- a penalty, two great goals from Alnwick, some crunching tackles, a big bastud in Chemfica's team who looked like he'd escaped from a rugby front row and a bit of a pagar at the end with a red card.

Here is Alnwick's covered terrace:

IMG_20200912_142918106_HDR.thumb.jpg.dcb44a401701d25ab17f50213b8e6b2c.jpg

It was quite good- a penalty, two great goals from Alnwick, some crunching tackles, a big bastud in Chemfica's team who looked like he'd escaped from a rugby front row and a bit of a pagar at the end with a red card.
Big fan of the one seater stand.

On 12/09/2020 at 22:17, tamthebam said:

When I went there I watched from the club, but then I'm much more refined than you.

37 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Carlisle City still at the old rugby league ground ? Went there years ago, guess it's the same place.Some cracking grounds in the Northern and NPL leagues.

No idea if it's the same place you're on about but they play at the ground the not so famous Celtic Nation used when they were a club.

16 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Going to be in Berlin at the same time as TB Berlin vs Dynamo Berlin at the end of next month. What’s the script with tickets for lower league German football? It’s a derby so likely to be slightly difficult but I’ve no idea of the teams involved.

Not sure on the ticket situation (it was pay at the gate when I visited TB) but, that'll be class. Good Guys vs Bad Guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Dunston 0 Clitheroe 1 FA Trophy yesterday. Dunston missed pen as you can see from the protesting Clitheroe player, thinks it looked soft. £7 great value just 10/15 min stroll from metro centre shopping mall.

Temp checks, track and trace,sanitisers all in place. Capacity set at 200,Social club limited to 40 from 100 felt perfectly safe. 

Take note Sturgeon!!

20201017_134529~2.jpg

20201017_161423.jpg

20201017_163332~2.jpg

20201017_161615~2.jpg