Jump to content
Haitch

Random Matches You Are Going To...

Recommended Posts

Lochee United 5-2 Lothian Thistle Hutchinson Vale
Scottish Cup Second preliminary round 20190831_161720.jpeg20190831_161814.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to Strathspey Thistle v Lossiemouth today at Seafield Park on the way down from that doing in Inverness last night.

Finished 3-0 to Strathspey- very well deserved victory for them and we thoroughly enjoyed the game, although in all honesty, Lossiemouth were a gang.

9/17 Highland League grounds ticked off the list, but first time I’d actually been to a Highland League game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spyro said:

Finally got to see my hometown team in action with Mrs Spyro! 💙😎

 

Will you be selling a tape of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Will you be selling a tape of it?

😂 sorry that’s a subscription service only mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/08/2019 at 09:17, Margaret Thatcher said:

Ayew looked brilliant - get him in your fantasy teams, he'll be starting at the weekend.

Scored today and 9 points on fantasy PL. 🍻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. Does anyone have any tips or particular sites they recommend for getting tickets for Premiership games, specifically ManUtd in this instance? Looking to get a pair of tickets for a mate's birthday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, yogisbairns said:

September busy. Spurs v Palace in 2 weeks, followed by a couple of Japanese games. Cerezo Osaka v Gamba Osaka then Kashiwa Reysol v Mito Hollyhock in Oct.

Brilliant Yogi. Is it at Spurs new ground ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whickham 1 Squires Gate 2 aet FA Vase Qualifying round. Note ropped off fence for adjacent cricket pitch. Match played yesterday as cricket was on Saturday. Opponents Squires Gate had choice of Fri night or Sunday afternoon. 

 

20190901_150100.jpg

20190901_145406.jpg

20190901_145320.jpg

Edited by newcastle broon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be in Goteborg from Friday to Sunday and would like to take in a game. IFK don't seem to be playing but I understand there's a plethora of other clubs in the city. Anybody with experience of Gothenburg in particular or Svenska football in general?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

I will be in Goteborg from Friday to Sunday and would like to take in a game. IFK don't seem to be playing but I understand there's a plethora of other clubs in the city. Anybody with experience of Gothenburg in particular or Svenska football in general?

This game is on Friday in Division 4B.

Göteborgs FF

423
Division 4B Men

Sep 6, 6:15 pm

Mayvallen 1 Artificial grass

IF Mölndal Fotboll

441

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

I will be in Goteborg from Friday to Sunday and would like to take in a game. IFK don't seem to be playing but I understand there's a plethora of other clubs in the city. Anybody with experience of Gothenburg in particular or Svenska football in general?

I find the Groundhopper app unbeatable for trips to unknown cities. You can see all the grounds on the map and check fixtures from there, and the times and dates are usually accurate. Then you can check the details on the club website or the likes of Soccerway.

3A5BCB89-CF6C-4121-A3A1-B0DC0B018A06.thumb.png.b3104edb1813eafdb7e681c084ed0a39.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IK Virgo at home, Saturday 1300

Hisingsbacka, Saturday 1400

2 games at Ruddalens IP, Saturday 1100 and 1400, Västra Frölunda and Assyriska both at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

I will be in Goteborg from Friday to Sunday and would like to take in a game. IFK don't seem to be playing but I understand there's a plethora of other clubs in the city. Anybody with experience of Gothenburg in particular or Svenska football in general?

Chose the wrong weekend with international football on weekend after you could have had GAIS or Örgryte in the superetten. Been to one proper lower division game in Lunds BK in the third tier a while back standard of football is almost like players didn't want to make tackles. Good passing and all that, but because the other team would let them. Crowd was quiet, and about 250-300 (which was the biggest of the season). Tho I believe they may have been one of the smaller teams in the league. Atmosphere in the Allsvenskan can be very good, would recommend to anyone to go see Malmö FF, despite living in Sweden I've never actually been to Göteborg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Turkmenbashi said:

Chose the wrong weekend with international football on weekend after you could have had GAIS or Örgryte in the superetten. Been to one proper lower division game in Lunds BK in the third tier a while back standard of football is almost like players didn't want to make tackles. Good passing and all that, but because the other team would let them. Crowd was quiet, and about 250-300 (which was the biggest of the season). Tho I believe they may have been one of the smaller teams in the league. Atmosphere in the Allsvenskan can be very good, would recommend to anyone to go see Malmö FF, despite living in Sweden I've never actually been to Göteborg. 

Brilliant - thanks for the advice. Picked this as a cheap end of summer getaway with the missus, but she'll need to do some work one evening so I thought I'd excuse myself and watch a game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Brilliant - thanks for the advice. Picked this as a cheap end of summer getaway with the missus, but she'll need to do some work one evening so I thought I'd excuse myself and watch a game. 

Really depends on how low, you are willing to go when it comes to it. If you are like some ground hopper types which frequent this thread then obviously you'll probably be able to make a decent evening of it. I don't know if there are any of the smaller clubs which actually have reasonable stadiums or support in the area, cause certainly there are some bigger clubs in the third tier, but none that I know of around Göteborg.

Im not so sure it I'll end up being cheap end of summer getaway, flights might have been cheap but not much else is, especially if you want to go out for a few drinks. Anyway enjoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/09/2019 at 17:03, Nold said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. Does anyone have any tips or particular sites they recommend for getting tickets for Premiership games, specifically ManUtd in this instance? Looking to get a pair of tickets for a mate's birthday.

Only real way is getting memberships but even then, without much of a purchase history, you'll be lucky to get much. My girlfriend supports them and I've managed to take her 3 times. Cup games are easiest to get your name on the system. We went to a League Cup semi at home to Hull, got lucky with 2 tickets to the 4-1 win over Newcastle a while back, and last season used the Edinburgh Reds to get down to Watford last season.

 

Maybe look up edinburgh reds on social media and drop them an email? Sure they'll be happy to help but the chances of you getting much without a membership could be slim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brilliant Yogi. Is it at Spurs new ground ? 

It is indeed Rab. Heading down on my own and have my mate dad's season ticket. John MacNeil is meeting up with me, as he has an away ticket with Palace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...