Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Going to Krakow in March for a week away with Mrs Lichtie23. Anyone ever been to a game over there? Easy to get tickets?

I saw Wisla Krakow a few years ago. Much the same as Budapest, you need to buy a membership but as long as you have your passport etc you can do it on the day.

10 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Going to Krakow in March for a week away with Mrs Lichtie23. Anyone ever been to a game over there? Easy to get tickets?

when are you there?

cracovias ground is on the estern edge of the centre,next to the national museum,wislas is in the same direction but a wee bit further out

for any top division game in Poland you need to have your passport to get a ticket,theres a process to go through-for cracovia,i had to show the passport then they took a photo which was some sort of recognition software thing-to get in I held ticket under a scanner while looking into a camera.because of this process you don't want to be turning up 5 mins before kick off without a ticket-go day before or earlier in the day to get them.unless your visit coincides with a derby game I doubt youll have an issue getting in and even then I doubt it.tickets are cheap as chips,prob £5-£8,itll break your heart when you think how much of a rip off Scottish footy is.

don't sit in with the ultras,or photograph them

Edited by highlandcowden

Just copy and paste this:-

Pollok 5 - 1 Kilsyth

Pretty remarkable game. The first half was 0-0 with little happening and any Junior football critic would have been loving it so dire that it was.

The second half was outstanding and demonstrated why Junior football is so well supported!

I thought Kilsyth edged the first half without creating any clear chances. Pollok didn't look a division above, that's for sure. They must have been roasted at HT because they came out a totally different side. After taking the lead, Kilsyth's No. 3 scored an absolute rocket of a goal. Worthy of winning any game. But Pollok just ran away with it with a couple of really good goals themselves. The boy who scored the cracking FK managed to get himself stupidly sent off. First for the foul (a guy standing next to me reckoned it was a straight red as he kicked out. I never saw it). So he got away with that then started mouthing off at the ref and was rightly sent off. Kilsyth then got a man sent off for a second yellow and a penalty, leaving No. 10 with a chance of his (deserved) hat-trick. He failed to take the chance though. The game fizzled out from there. A cracking second half of football.

IMG_20190814_182907216_HDR.jpegIMG_20190814_183129267_HDR.jpegIMG_20190814_183124683_HDR.jpegIMG_20190814_183133673_HDR.jpegIMG_20190814_202837746.jpeg

when are you there?
cracovias ground is on the estern edge of the centre,next to the national museum,wislas is in the same direction but a wee bit further out
for any top division game in Poland you need to have your passport to get a ticket,theres a process to go through-for cracovia,i had to show the passport then they took a photo which was some sort of recognition software thing-to get in I held ticket under a scanner while looking into a camera.because of this process you don't want to be turning up 5 mins before kick off without a ticket-go day before or earlier in the day to get them.unless your visit coincides with a derby game I doubt youll have an issue getting in and even then I doubt it.tickets are cheap as chips,prob £5-£8,itll break your heart when you think how much of a rip off Scottish footy is.

March 23rd to the 27th so hopefully there will be a midweek game in the area

9 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

March 23rd to the 27th so hopefully there will be a midweek game in the area

wisla are home to legia warsaw the weekend immediately prior to those dates,as are garbarnia Krakow in II liga. fixtures for the regionalised III liga(group 4,malpolska) are only released to November at this point

theres no midweek league fixtures scheduled for those dates,no idea if theres polish cup fixtures around that time.

wisla-legia is a big game,if youre really lucky itll be played on the Monday night though my experience is that the big games there tend to be Saturday or sunday nights with the Mondays and Fridays for the less attractive fixtures-a bit like la liga do in spain.

gornik Zabrze are also home that weekend,theyre about 80km west of krakow

exact fixture dates are usually released 3-4 weeks before hand.id recommend soccerway and 90minut.pl for info,the latters in polish only

for any top division game in Poland you need to have your passport to get a ticket

Not strictly true, unless things have changed this season. For Lech Poznan I inputted my passport details online when buying the eTicket and there was no check at the stadium. I could have entered any old nonsense.

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Not strictly true, unless things have changed this season. For Lech Poznan I inputted my passport details online when buying the eTicket and there was no check at the stadium. I could have entered any old nonsense.

so you did need your passport to get a ticket,then?

never said anything about needing it to get in to the ground though I would take some ID,personally

all the top division games ive been to there ive bought at the ground or an official retailer-evry time a passport was required

Edited by highlandcowden

11 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

when are you there?

You’ll pass both of them if you come in from the airport on the bus, if my memory’s working.

so you did need your passport to get a ticket,then?

No, I didn't. Ignoring the logistics of getting to Poland, I could have gone to that game not owning identification of any kind. At no point during the process was I asked to show id or send a photocopy/scan.

Craigroyston 1-8 Haddington Athletic last night in the East of Scotland League. Crowd about 70. 
390A40FF-FE1B-4470-BC7F-B10753387DB5.jpeg.df1e3a3ea7695238fd8791ae677573cd.jpeg
30264620-FB22-43C2-B794-0F8BDCADFB98.jpeg.719c25007beaf0df4f39c2eadf3bd307.jpeg
4E6EC56A-E57D-4584-AE3D-42F9B01D7C14.thumb.jpeg.7d57024e24ade1e9978787925dd12881.jpeg
Do you drive to all the games you go to? I've been going to games because I get free rail travel. You must spend a fair bit getting to the games?

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
53 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:
Craigroyston 1-8 Haddington Athletic last night in the East of Scotland League. Crowd about 70. 
390A40FF-FE1B-4470-BC7F-B10753387DB5.jpeg.df1e3a3ea7695238fd8791ae677573cd.jpeg
30264620-FB22-43C2-B794-0F8BDCADFB98.jpeg.719c25007beaf0df4f39c2eadf3bd307.jpeg
4E6EC56A-E57D-4584-AE3D-42F9B01D7C14.thumb.jpeg.7d57024e24ade1e9978787925dd12881.jpeg

Do you drive to all the games you go to? I've been going to games because I get free rail travel. You must spend a fair bit getting to the games?

Usually just take the car QOS unless there’s booze involved. It just takes too long by train or bus. This was easy last night just a nip across town. Longer ones down South will take the train / fly if I can. 

18 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

No, I didn't. Ignoring the logistics of getting to Poland, I could have gone to that game not owning identification of any kind. At no point during the process was I asked to show id or send a photocopy/scan.

no,but you were asked to provide a passport number.i assume it was a print at home ticket,who knows you may have been required to show your ID when using that, i don't know ive never bought my tickets that way.given the process for actually getting in at cracovia(the strictest for any club ive been to see in Poland) id be surprised anyone would be allowed in without some check that the ticket is in the hands of the correct ticket holder. dunno about what poznans like, ill be finding out in a months time, ironically enough against cracovia

7 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
14 minutes ago, Marten said:
Today I went to East Craigie 7-0 Coupar Angus. I've now visited all current junior grounds in Dundee. 

Do Coupar look any better than last season?

Yes, despite today's result not suggesting that. They are better organised and definitely looked stronger. The first 30 minutes the game was pretty even. After a silly foul led to a penalty they let their heads drop and it was 5-0 by HT. In the second half it was pretty even again. Other results so far this season also suggest they have improved.

Edited by Marten