Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Aarau 3 - 1 FC Wil on Friday night.

Around 2300 there, absolutely f*cking baltic, pishing it down half the time and utterly majestic to be back at a live game.

The second Aarau goal, scored by Markus Neumayr, is a candidate for goal of the season. The only thing that reacted later than the crowd was the goalkeeper, his shot was that unexpected.

2 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Fantastic for League One football. They seem to be on their way back, even if things haven't quite clicked on the pitch yet

Yep, especially considering there were "only" 900 away fans. Ok, 900 fans is actually quite impressive for Wimbledon, who had to travel quite far, are rock bottom and not a very big club, but it's still tiny compared to what Sunderland used to get in away attendances in recent seasons. I'd imagine they will bounce back relatively soon from this.

I didn't realise the South London Hypocrites actually had 900 fans.

I'm surprised at Sunderland apparently still opening all areas of the ground. You'd think they'd shut off that top tier on the right of the pic. Capacity's 49k so still plenty of room for their current attendances. We went to a midweek game there and the atmosphere was electric, the locals friendly. Don't mind them at all.

2 hours ago, 7-2 said:

I didn't realise the South London Hypocrites actually had 900 fans.

I'm surprised at Sunderland apparently still opening all areas of the ground. You'd think they'd shut off that top tier on the right of the pic. Capacity's 49k so still plenty of room for their current attendances. We went to a midweek game there and the atmosphere was electric, the locals friendly. Don't mind them at all.

The upper tier is only open for away fans, behind the goals. The upper tier of the Main Stand is shut (aside from games where it is required, such as v Bradford on Boxing Day when they got 46,000). From memory, I think that scattering of people in the picture is the Directors' area.

Heading to Craigroyston v Linlithgow Rose today in EOSL Conference C today.

edit: finished Craigroyston 0-4 Linlithgow Rose. Not a great game which was not helped by weather conditions and some bizarre officiating. 

8F890A83-B9A6-4BC2-9907-9B78A9ED2F83.jpeg

EEBC1F41-7176-4707-8FAE-569677E2A5D9.jpeg

Edited by Jute