Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Get yourself to South Shields, great day out and possible derby next season.

that was initial choice for today - south shields v whitby town - but there was an accident somewhere in jarrow causing all sorts of grief on the roads, so went to blyth instead...

step daughter has another year at university up here to go, so another couple of fetching and carrying trips to fit in a trip there yet; absolutely spoiled for choice though, so many places i'd like to go - ashington, spennymoor, bishop aukland - all sorts

1 minute ago, Herman Hessian said:

that was initial choice for today - south shields v whitby town - but there was an accident somewhere in jarrow causing all sorts of grief on the roads, so went to blyth instead...

step daughter has another year at university up here to go, so another couple of fetching and carrying trips to fit in a trip there yet; absolutely spoiled for choice though, so many places i'd like to go - ashington, spennymoor, bishop aukland - all sorts

North Shields is good as well. As you say plenty of choice, I just counted and I've been at 14 grounds in the area.

Greenock Morton 0-0 Dunfermline Athletic
An absolutely wonderful ground to finish the 42 at. The game was good despite the scoreline. Shame I finish the 42 with my first 0-0 that I've seen in Scotland, but I can't have everything I suppose. 20190126_155813.jpg20190126_160311.jpg20190126_150737.jpg20190126_150352.jpg

Greenock Morton 0-0 Dunfermline Athletic
An absolutely wonderful ground to finish the 42 at. The game was good despite the scoreline. Shame I finish the 42 with my first 0-0 that I've seen in Scotland, but I can't have everything I suppose. 20190126_155813.thumb.jpg.da45b64ec14c5a0342ed5f04a997a94d.jpg20190126_160311.thumb.jpg.01da9b4acbb4d4cdb3f985b1c0972774.jpg20190126_150737.thumb.jpg.212c48fbda101ae5245feb08984e47ee.jpg20190126_150352.thumb.jpg.3d7bd7478dc71ad9d9e92e3b7bf9c029.jpg

Was going to apologise for that pile of shite being your game to finish the 42 - it was the worst game I've seen in years and trust me, there have been some turgid Pars games this season - but you seem to have enjoyed it so fair enough. Now you'll have to do a ranking of some sort...

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Was going to apologise for that pile of shite being your game to finish the 42 - it was the worst game I've seen in years and trust me, there have been some turgid Pars games this season - but you seem to have enjoyed it so fair enough. Now you'll have to do a ranking of some sort...

To be fair, I don't think you played bad in general. The big problem is that you seemed to stop each time you got in/near Greenock Morton's penalty area. You were quite strong in building up, but don't seem to have anyone actually capable of producing a shot on goal.

5 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

I'm two inches shorter. Believe me, it was the right decision!

To be honest, I always stand when I get the chance. There are very few grounds in Scotland where someone my height has decent enough leg room when sitting down...

4 minutes ago, Marten said:

To be honest, I always stand when I get the chance. There are very few grounds in Scotland where someone my height has decent enough leg room when sitting down...

That's true. Being in England most grounds I go to are seated so have got used to it really.  It also saves getting flack from the short areses that are standing behind you.  Heightism is still very prevalent! :lol:

8 hours ago, 7-2 said:

That's true. Being in England most grounds I go to are seated so have got used to it really.  It also saves getting flack from the short areses that are standing behind you.  Heightism is still very prevalent! :lol:

Find this hard to believe. 

On 12/01/2019 at 21:03, Marten said:

Queen of the South 4 Ross County 0
Impressive display from the hosts to hammer the league leaders. Palmerston is a brilliant ground, really enjoyed my day. 20190112_150216.jpg

The best shed left standing in Scotland, IMO. I've only been to Palmerston once, over 10 years ago, Linlithgow Rose's first Scottish Cup foray ended there in the season QOTS made the final. The weather was bloody awful, a dank, cold, fog, it'd be nice to return and stand in that shed.

So now you've done the 42, are you masochistic enough to go for Tier 5? I've got 5 to go. In winter, Brora's not all that appealing tbh...

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

The best shed left standing in Scotland, IMO. I've only been to Palmerston once, over 10 years ago, Linlithgow Rose's first Scottish Cup foray ended there in the season QOTS made the final. The weather was bloody awful, a dank, cold, fog, it'd be nice to return and stand in that shed.

So now you've done the 42, are you masochistic enough to go for Tier 5? I've got 5 to go. In winter, Brora's not all that appealing tbh...

Yes, I'm masochistic enough to do tier 5 indeed. Already done some LL and 1 HL ground (Fort William), so I've got a start already. I'll probably first complete the East Superleague though, as there are some grounds quite close (Glenrothes, Kirrie, Downfield) I haven't done yet. After all the traveling of the last few weeks I think I want some easy ones for now. ;) 

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

Decent social club to get a few drams down you.