Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Glasgow City 0-1 Somatia Barcelona (2-1 on agg)

Not the prettiest game, and some heinous fouls from the Cypriots. The ref was a bottler, all night she shirked the big calls, and then when Barcelona probably ought to have had a penalty she bottled that too. Their number 11 is very talented but a total heidcase, she got away with a fair number of bad fouls and one nutty at a linesman. It was funny watching her get dog's abuse from the stand. But the job's done, they're in the last 16 of the Champions League, and another lesson learned by a young team.

There seems to be a mentality among some overseas teams that play Scottish teams that we'll be very physical (correct), so they'll have to match that. But they don't realise being physical is about using your body and playing with intensity, they think it's about kicking, and so we get booted all over the park. 

I was standing near Gemma Fay in the second half, I thought about asking for a selfie but I, like the ref, bottled it too.

IMG_20180927_192833469.jpg

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Not the prettiest game, and some heinous fouls from the Cypriots. The ref was a bottler, all night she shirked the big calls, and then when Barcelona probably ought to have had a penalty she bottled that too. Their number 11 is very talented but a total heidcase, she got away with a fair number of bad fouls and one nutty at a linesman. It was funny watching her get dog's abuse from the stand. But the job's done, they're in the last 16 of the Champions League, and another lesson learned by a young team.

There seems to be a mentality among some overseas teams that play Scottish teams that we'll be very physical (correct), so they'll have to match that. But they don't realise being physical is about using your body and playing with intensity, they think it's about kicking, and so we get booted all over the park. 

I was standing near Gemma Fay in the second half, I thought about asking for a selfie but I, like the ref, bottled it too.

IMG_20180927_192833469.jpg

I'm sure Gemma would have been happy to pose for a selfie, she's quite nice really! 

16 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I'm sure Gemma would have been happy to pose for a selfie, she's quite nice really! 

I wanted to tell her that I nominated her for the SFA Hall of Fame - she's Scotland's most capped player, male or female, there's no question she ought to be in there - but I'm a big ugly bearded guy and I didn't want to come off as a weirdo. Ach, maybe I'll tweet her.

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

I wanted to tell her that I nominated her for the SFA Hall of Fame - she's Scotland's most capped player, male or female, there's no question she ought to be in there - but I'm a big ugly bearded guy and I didn't want to come off as a weirdo. Ach, maybe I'll tweet her.

absolutely

start off your tweet with "I saw you the other day though you never saw me..."

On 25/09/2018 at 00:37, GordonS said:

Ardrossan Winton Rovers 2 v 4 Largs Thistle. Nice night for a trip down the coast, a fish supper at the beach and a surprisingly intense game of football under the devil's (faint) illumination. A yellow moon tried its best to help out for a while, before hiding itself behind a cloud.

IMG_20180924_190547061.thumb.jpg.01fa61071abfafdda8827f2cb36dc4dc.jpg

IMG_20180924_195835737~2.jpg

My friend played with Ardeer Thistle about 6 years ago and I used to go with him to most of the games. Watched him at this ground and a good few others. Away to Maybole was an experience, reminded me of the village from League of Gentlemen. 

sunday afternoon's entertainment - Fiorentina v Atalanta, in the heart of the Curva Fiesole - for €14.00 - we're so fucked in this country with regard to pricing for football !
admittedly, it's just open air seating (albeit in one of italian football's iconic stadia), but in late September with temperatures forecast to be in the high twenties, I'll put up with that, thanks very much....
image.png.17942f5cecc8f00232dea2c5a501a831.png
pistoiese v gozzano lined up for saturday afternoon - at this rate, they'll be paying me to go in.....

thats a fucking bargain. £24 at New Douglas park tomorrow. we really do get shafted in scotland

IMG_20180927_192833469.thumb.jpg.236cac28123fe771aebf3978c03134e5.jpg
is abbie grant at glasgow city now? i knew her when she was younger

45 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
On 27/09/2018 at 23:22, GordonS said:

is abbie grant at glasgow city now? i knew her when she was younger

She is indeed, one of their more important players. She's a hard grafter and her tireless running and harrying was a big part of getting the two goal win needed in the final group match to make the last 32.

She is indeed, one of their more important players. She's a hard grafter and her tireless running and harrying was a big part of getting the two goal win needed in the final group match to make the last 32.
i was at primary school with her brother scott and lost contact with him a few years ago after i moved away. i dont have facebook or anything. glad to hear she is doing well. always look out for her name in any reports. always sttood out at youth level and we all knew she would do well but i think the level shes hit is beyond even her expectations. cheers for the update

1 hour ago, ah-dee said:
1 hour ago, GordonS said:

i was at primary school with her brother scott and lost contact with him a few years ago after i moved away. i dont have facebook or anything. glad to hear she is doing well. always look out for her name in any reports. always sttood out at youth level and we all knew she would do well but i think the level shes hit is beyond even her expectations. cheers for the update

She's not a particularly technical player, and judging by the way she plays I imagine she trains hard and looks after herself. In part time football that counts for a lot. Like a lot of players of her type she's a relatively late developer - 22 isn't young in the women's game. She was at Glasgow City when she was younger but didn't establish herself and moved on to Hibs and Celtic, so she probably feels like being back at Glasgow is a second chance. It'd be interesting to see what level she could reach if she could play full time, she got her first cap this year but I don't see her making an impact on the national team unless she can progress her game further. 

She's not a particularly technical player, and judging by the way she plays I imagine she trains hard and looks after herself. In part time football that counts for a lot. Like a lot of players of her type she's a relatively late developer - 22 isn't young in the women's game. She was at Glasgow City when she was younger but didn't establish herself and moved on to Hibs and Celtic, so she probably feels like being back at Glasgow is a second chance. It'd be interesting to see what level she could reach if she could play full time, she got her first cap this year but I don't see her making an impact on the national team unless she can progress her game further. 
its been a very long time since i seen her. shes come from good stock the whole family are grafters.

Heading to Civil Service Strollers v Forres Mechanics this afternoon in Scottish Cup.

ETA: Finished 2-1 to Civil. First half was pretty even and Civil were probably fortunate to go in level with Forres missing a penalty. However in second half Civil were much the better team and other than a late flurry at the end were comfortable winners.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Jute

Venezia 1-1 Livorno

Not much to report really, €14 for a ticket, €7.50 for the boat so I walked back. My two trains getting there were twenty and fifteen minutes late, the trip is supposed to take under an hour.
The game was pretty even, Venezia were the better team but Livorno had the better chances.
Harvey Sinclair sat on the bench but seemed to be a pretty happy boy during the warm up, he was easy to spot as the token white-legged player.
My appreciation of the match was slightly ruined by a group of three drunk Celtic fans acting the fool in an attempt to endear themselves to the locals.

Despite the claims in the photo, you had to pay for alcohol and there was nobody to swap stickers with.IMG_20180929_195351.jpgIMG_20180929_181011.jpgIMG_20180929_172333.jpg

Venezia 1-1 Livorno 

Not much to report really, €14 for a ticket, €7.50 for the boat so I walked back. My two trains getting there were twenty and fifteen minutes late, the trip is supposed to take under an hour.

The game was pretty even, Venezia were the better team but Livorno had the better chances.

Harvey Sinclair sat on the bench but seemed to be a pretty happy boy during the warm up, he was easy to spot as the token white-legged player.

My appreciation of the match was slightly ruined by a group of three drunk Celtic fans acting the fool in an attempt to endear themselves to the locals.

Despite the claims in the photo, you had to pay for alcohol and there was nobody to swap stickers with.IMG_20180929_195351.thumb.jpg.90ec95ed52e7f537b0feac9933063552.jpgIMG_20180929_181011.thumb.jpg.59ce16df7b9f62767538e595c8c1d4c7.jpgIMG_20180929_172333.thumb.jpg.1df7030897cc91c66a44ac0baa0c4c77.jpg

I do enjoy taking the ferry to the ground it really is a cool way to get to the fitba. However dont go in the away end as the coppers tend to huckle you onto a ferry and straight onto a train out of Venice and the coppers dont tend to let you talk your way out of either