Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Well Cardiff v Wolves was a great laugh. The David Jones barmy army were in full swing. Good bunch o guys sat around us who were very welcoming. Wolves travelling support was dire though, about 150 I reckon, pish and didnt make much noise either even though they won.

As a bonus on the way home yesterday stopped by to watch Bolton V Man City, game wasnt the greatest but again some of the banter was top notch. Funniest chants for me was from Bolton fans "Your owned by a terrorist, your owned by a terrorist" and "Your mums your dad, your dads your mum, your interbred, you City scum!!"

Juvenile, but made me laugh and made for a good atmosphere.

I'm heading over to Antwerp for a weekend on 7th/8th/9th Nov and i will be going to the following matches.

Fri 7th Nov ROOSENDAAL v WAALWIJK (Dutch 2nd div. its only 30 mins from Antwerp)

Sat 8th Nov LIERSE v SINT TRUIDEN (Belgian 2nd div)

Sun 9th Nov KFC DUFFEL v KSC TEMSE (Belgian 4th div) KO 15.00

Sun 9th Nov GERMINAL BEERSHOT v STANDARD LIEGE (Belgian 1st div) KO 20.30

Roosendaal 2 Waalwijk 2 (Crowd about 3500, ticket price 10 euros)

Lierse 3 Sint Truiden 0 (Crowd 8600, ticket price 15 euros)

Duffel 0 Temse 1 (Crowd about 350, ticket price 8 euros)

Germinal Beerschot 1 Standard Liege 3 (Crowd 12000, ticket price 22 euros)

great weekend pics are now on my photosite

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cowdenjimmy/sets

Should be some day on and off the pitch. Should be a good day out, Can't beat a good derby, enjoy.

Yeah, i'm really excited about it. We're there for three nights so it should be a good weekend all round. We'll obviously need to be careful though, no colours and all that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I'll be in attendance at the Borussia v Hoffenheim game :D. I'm staying in Belgium all week, but Moenchengladbach is a 1 hour drive from here.

Turns out I'll be in Munich, but when I tried to get tickets in December, they were all gone. Think I left it too late, but I didn't know where I'd be until then. I'll have to wait a bit longer for my first German game :(

I'll be in attendance at the Borussia v Hoffenheim game :D. I'm staying in Belgium all week, but Moenchengladbach is a 1 hour drive from here.

Last night I was at the Lierse v Namur game. An easy 4-0 victory to Lierse with about 6300 fans with only 50 or so Namur fans. Good atmosphere created by the Lierse fans over in the standing area of the stadium.

May be going to the Lierse - Mechegen game on Wednesday. But I think that's a sell out. Oh yeah! Lierse play some dancey version of Scotland the Brave after they score :D

Aye Lierse games are good for atmosphere, i usually stand on the terracing when i'm there.

Hopefully will get over to another game before the end of the season.

Going to Annan v Cowdenbeath next month.

Okay, so it's not very random, especially as I only live 7 miles from Annan. But the reaosns for going are pretty stupid. I work in England and all but one of the lads I work with (one went to uni in Edinburgh so is a Hearts sympathiser :barf ) have an alarming ignorance of Scottish football. In the year and half I've worked with them I've began to educate them though. Anyway, we were on a work night out one night when we were talking about football, which then turned into talking about Scottish football. All of a sudden one of the lads (the drunkest) staggered over and started chanting really loudly:

"East Fife Cowdenbeath, I said East Fife Cowdenbeath!"

So we then deceided to have a wee drinking trip to an East Fife Cowdenbeath game, which hasn't happened yet so we're going to see Cowdenbeath play at Annan (the closest Scottish ground) insted. Also possibly going on some form of trip to see East Fife play. Does this count as random? OR just fuckng stupid?

Guest Vander.

Man Utd v Fulham, Wednesday 18th February

Also thinking about heading along to Stirling Albion v Peterhead on Saturday 14th- County have 2 lads (Daniel Moore and Craig Gunn) on loan at Peterhead this season, may well have a look and see how they're doing

Going to see LA Galaxy v Colorado Rapids on 4th April
Palameiras vs Santos in Brazil in May :D Its going to be fucking bouncing- they deteste each other.

Quite cheap to get in too.

Two quality matches there - look forward to hearing about it when you get back!

I am going to Man City v Boro on saturday. £19 a ticket cant be bad!

Was hoping to see Kaka, Villa etc but may just have to put up with Bridge, Bellamy etc!