Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

16 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I was at a 3rd tier game in January (Hercules Alicante). I suppose that was was what you mean by 'pay at the gate' but still had to buy the tickets at a window first. 

I would always check the club website as even the smallest clubs are able to offer print at home these days. Puts your mind at rest.

Cheers, I've asked them on their English language twitter and had a look at their website.  I can't see anything that indicates tickets, but that might just be me.

Stockport County v. Ashton United in the National League North tonight, colleague is a big fan of the home side and he's kindly agreed to let me lift along with him. Grab myself a pin, a programme, and maybe a shirt.

First time going to a match since I've been put on a project in the UK, so properly buzzing tbh.

24 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Stockport County v. Ashton United in the National League North tonight, colleague is a big fan of the home side and he's kindly agreed to let me lift along with him. Grab myself a pin, a programme, and maybe a shirt.

First time going to a match since I've been put on a project in the UK, so properly buzzing tbh.

A local derby that should be a comfortable home win. Should. Hopefully your mate won't entice you to sing along with the County fans belting out their tweaked version of The Sash.  Have fun.

55 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Great old ground. Last time I was there was in the dugout for a Schools final. Lost on pens. 

Went along to Airdrie v Forfar, in order to complete the 42, in terms of having seen every League side play at 'home'. (had been to the stadium before, but Queens Park were the home side then).

Decent game which Airdrie deserved to win overall.

On 23/03/2019 at 21:30, Jute said:

Attended Pollock v Kilwinnig today. Finished 3-0 to Pollock. Score flattered Pollock a little as Kilwinning had passed up a couple of great chances before Pollock opened the scoring. First visit to Newlandsfield and impressed with the set up. A good venue to watch football.

aye,terrific wee ground,went to game there before the Lithuania game a couple of years back

22 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Hoping to go to Cadiz vs Real Zaragoza on the 8th April.  Does anyone have any experience of attending Segunda games?  Is it generally pay at the gate or do you need to get a ticket?

the ground has a 25000 capacity so id be surprised if you had any issues getting in tbh

Stockport County was great fun, even if the game was needlessly nervy at the end; County went 2-0 up before Ashton pulled a goal back late into the second half. 3297 Bums in seats, including 30 away fans. Club shop was closed and programmes were sadly sold out, but was great fun all-around nonetheless;

03913b3e-e3c0-4a72-be81-fb3e12291ac7.thumb.jpg.2a9d8065cabf2ccc271d12fe5ddfee49.jpga974f4ff-2022-4bb7-a36f-9a21853b7dd0.thumb.jpg.3375c37c7a5f8c728c925ab5a369e6fd.jpg

Big ground hop this weekend with a lot of fans from down South coming up to see 6 East of Scotland games, over the weekend. Saturday is the biggy. 4 games on the day. Starting with Camelon v Edinburgh Utd 11am ko. Then on to Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts v Herriot Watt at 2:15. Then on to Blackburn v Preston at 5:15, and finally Linlithgow v Jeanfield Swifts at 8pm. According to the guy who's running this, he reckons their could be up to a couple of hundred turning up for this, with someone travelling from Germany as well. Their's also a game at Dunipace on Friday evening, and a game at Peebles, on their way back down the road on Sunday.

On 22/03/2019 at 17:00, Sergeant Wilson said:

Bilston Town 0 Haughmond 2. West Midlands Regional League on Wednesday night.

20190320_194301.jpg

I was doing a bit of browsing about Bilston following my visit last week and found this.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/crime/2019/03/14/guilty-bilston-murderer-battered-friend-to-death-with-chair-leg/

Could've been me!

3X322OLQNVBRJKJZQVOKZECSZI.jpg

3 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Was at the Big One on Tuesday night ... 

Albion Rovers 1 Cowdenbeath 0 

F9130D38-F7BA-445B-B302-EC265E667271.jpeg

7F9010A5-E717-40FD-9E83-5BBD56F7BE61.jpeg

0F4CCE3B-0B32-49E4-A2F7-0C7003546677.jpeg

087521F8-38DC-46B1-A0CE-9E1D12C537BD.jpeg

Haha, I recognise one of the Albion Rovers fans in your photo. Met him on a few of my trips. :)

On 27/03/2019 at 09:36, DutchBorderer said:

Stockport County was great fun, even if the game was needlessly nervy at the end; County went 2-0 up before Ashton pulled a goal back late into the second half. 3297 Bums in seats, including 30 away fans. Club shop was closed and programmes were sadly sold out, but was great fun all-around nonetheless;

I wasn`t at the game but it was "needlessly nervy" for me too.

The other teams in my acca were well clear and I needed Stockport win for best part of £100. :thumsup2