Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

I’m heading to Budapest next month (Friday 28 September - Monday 01 October). Anyone been to a game in Hungary before, is it easy enough to pick up tickets for one of the teams in Budapest?

Can't remember the name of the poster who was asking about tickets for Dutch games, but I've just managed to buy an eticket for the Den bosch v Jong AZ game with absolutely no problems. 

So that's definitely Feyenoord and Den Bosch that you don't have to join a fan registration scheme for, and PSV who are basically at it. 

Tynecastle v Easthouse Lily in FN Qualifying Cup at Meggetland.

ETA: Finished 3-2 to Tynecastle with Easthouse going down to 9 before the end of the game. Great venue to watch football at and got to wonder why other teams in Edinburgh have not looked to play here before.

image.jpg

Edited by Jute

Last night I went to Nithsdale Wanderers v Heston Rovers. Heston took the lead and were the better side in the first half, the home team got a couple early in the second. Two yellows saw Nithsdale reduced to 10, and a heids-gone finish to the game led to them giving away a penalty for a very late equaliser before another second yellow for a wild lash. 2-2, watched by about 40 folk and another 20 young bucks who didn't leave the comforts of the gazebo outside the clubhouse, well behind a corner of the pitch.

Before the game I did the full tour of the lead mining museum at Wanlockhead, which I would highly recommend doing if you're in the area. Made me grateful that my biggest worry this evening is that my wifi has dropped out a couple of times.IMG_20180817_185155180.jpgIMG_20180817_185757838.jpg

8 hours ago, Jute said:

Tynecastle v Easthouse Lily in FN Qualifying Cup at Meggetland.

ETA: Finished 3-2 to Tynecastle with Easthouse going down to 9 before the end of the game. Great venue to watch football at and got to wonder why other teams in Edinburgh have not looked to play here before.

image.jpg

I've been there twice this week for the Tynie v Shortlees game and last night for the rugby (its some place when its full). I agree re a football venue Edinburgh City missed a trick with that one.

On 8/18/2018 at 14:13, Adam said:

I’m heading to Budapest next month (Friday 28 September - Monday 01 October). Anyone been to a game in Hungary before, is it easy enough to pick up tickets for one of the teams in Budapest?

I went to see Honved four years ago, there were wee ticket booths on the corner of the ground. I translated "one adult ticket please" and wrote it on a piece of paper and slipped it to the cashier. Had to take my passport too as ID was required. Ground was about a five minute bus journey from nearest metro station. There was only a couple of thousand there.

Saw Ferencvaros play Chelsea in their new stadium but my hotel sorted it for me, not sure how it would be for a normal league game.

Think MTK have a relatively new stadium and Ujpest also play close to the centre. Should be easy enough to get tickets. 

On 15/08/2018 at 02:14, C. Muir said:

Carlisle 1-5 Rovers. Thoroughly enjoyable night out and clinical performance. Carlisle were actually alright despite the score line. Couple of screamers scored in the game too. 

Snapchat-1756110111.thumb.jpg.ba8913a85c98eb7edf6905014137022c.jpg

I'm not sure you understand how this thread works. 

Mrs The Hunter and myself were two of the 30 souls who took in BSC Glasgow v Edusport Academy in the Lowland League at Alloa yesterday. Some fantastic late drama in what was a pretty good game.

https://piesontheterraces.wordpress.com/2018/08/19/bsc-glasgow-v-edusport-academy/

I know, I know, Favourite Quirks of Turkish Stadiums thread for this pish, but I am rather fond of the tree overhanging the RTE stadium. Especially so as the locals' favourite moan about Istanbul is how there aren't enough trees and they're chopped down at every opportunity.

In the background of the picture I even caught a rare glimpse of a straggle of Başakşehir fans.

VAR is in use this season, leading to half the stadium making the VAR gesture at every opportunity.

In other news, 9.45pm on a Monday is a terrible kick off time.

Half time in the first Istanbul derby of the season: Kasımpaşa 0-0 Başakşehir.IMG_20180820_213446.jpgIMG_20180820_213027.jpgIMG_20180820_212619.jpg