Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Also at the Kelty v Preston game yesterday bumping into Jute from here. Next stop Thornton v Fauldhouse on Wednesday who knows with Thornton calling an EGM tomorrow it could end up being their last junior game if they opt to apply for the EOSL.

Arrived in to Lima Saturday afternoon (local time).

Managed to take in two Primera Division games.

First up, a late morning kick-off at the Estadio Alberto Gallorda, where Sporting Cristal hosted Union Comercio.
Plenty of individual player skills on show, but too much „ball hogging“ from numerous players on both sides resulted in most attacks breaking down relatively harmlessly. 0-0 at 1/2 time.
After the break the home side started to take control and eventually ran out easy 4-0 winners with two v. good goals right at the end of the game.
Good atmosphere with singing sections in all 3 of the stands occupied. Bit wild at times in the ‚extremo‘ section.

IMG_3752.jpgIMG_3756.jpgIMG_3758.jpg

2nd game took place at the Estadio Alejandro Villanueva, home of Allianza Lima and the 2nd largest stadium in Lima after the Estadio Nacional. Away team was Sport Boys.
Bit of a turgid borefest (on occasion there was more happening in the stands as individual fan factions threw handbags at each other) until the home side went 1-0 up in the 86th courtesy of an own goal. Right after that the visitors were awarded a dodgy penalty, which they Connor Sammond‘d. Final score 1-0, with resultant ‚scenes‘ in the stadium.

IMG_3773.jpgIMG_3774.jpg

0FCAAD98-641F-4722-BD5B-7B8AF2EAF4BC.jpeg

511F2CB9-5F37-436E-B43C-9E7241E1FEF8.jpeg

Edited by German Jag

1 hour ago, German Jag said:

2nd game took place at the Estadio Alejandro Villanueva, home of Allianza Lima and the 2nd largest stadium in Lima after the Estadio Nacional. Away team was Sport Boys.
Bit of a turgid borefest (on occasion there was more happening in the stands as individual fan factions threw handbags at each other) until the home side went 1-0 up in the 86th courtesy of an own goal. Right after that the visitors were awarded a dodgy penalty, which they Connor Sammond‘d. Final score 1-0, with resultant ‚scenes‘ in the stadium.

literally seething with envy

Went to the Dukla Prague v Plzen game on Saturday.

Ground itself has seen better days but the old pavilion and terracing under it looked magic from the stand we were in. The stand itself is incredibly steep and seems far too big for the ground itself. The views from up there over the hills on the left and Prague to the middle and right were immense. the Dukla team was fucking honking. Pumped 5-1 and for the most part that was only because Plzen looked like they couldn't be bothered scoring 15.

Small crowd of around 3000, and although there was a specific away end which was scarcely populated, there were plenty of Plzen fans in the home end and not a single sign of aggro. The beer was spot on too. Less than a fiver to get in, great value for money all round even if the game turned out to be a bit of a non contest.

Penicuik v Dundonald in East of Scotland Cup semi final.

Edit: Finished 3-1 to Penicuik. Pretty even first half but Penicuik came out the far stronger team in the 2nd half and could have won by more in the end. 

image.jpg

511610EE-1EAF-4D12-8859-7CCC6DB759E2.jpeg

Edited by Jute

3 hours ago, Jute said:

Penicuik v Dundonald in East of Scotland Cup semi final.

Edit: Finished 3-1 to Penicuik. Pretty even first half but Penicuik came out the far stronger team in the 2nd half and could have won by more in the end. 

image.jpg

511610EE-1EAF-4D12-8859-7CCC6DB759E2.jpeg

Was there too Jute Penicuik deserved winners. 

End of an era tonight as both teams play their last game in the Juniors before joining the big time. 

Crowd of 1067 watch Bonnyrigg Rose 5 Newtongrange Star 1 tonight at Penicuik in the Fife & Lothians Cup Final. 

B23734F5-4ACD-4F6C-96DA-4B96DDD5FF6A.jpeg

9D6DB5A6-09AA-47B7-B93A-DFDD7958B48B.jpeg

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Penicuik v Tranent in East of Scotland Cup final. Last junior game for both teams.

Edit: Finished 2-0 to Penicuik. Thought they were better team overall but struggled to break Tranent down. Cracking header for first and defensive howler for 2nd.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Jute

On 09/06/2018 at 14:21, Jute said:

Penicuik v Tranent in East of Scotland Cup final. Last junior game for both teams.

Edit: Finished 2-0 to Penicuik. Thought they were better team overall but struggled to break Tranent down. Cracking header for first and defensive howler for 2nd.

image.jpg

image.jpg

It was good to see you there Jute. A deserved win for Penicuik. 

away to Wroclaw for 5 nights at the start of September so hopefully catch a fair few polish matches-in the general vicinity slask,lech Poznan,legnika and gornik zbreze of the top division are all home that weekend so I'm praying the fixtures are kind to me,even before I start looking about the lower leagues:)

Got a question about Belgian football. I'm going to Belgium in September. I've pencilled in games at Club Brugge and Standard Liege. Is getting tickets for Belgian football easy? Noticed Anderlecht need you to provide an Identity card. 

1 hour ago, atfccfc said:

Got a question about Belgian football. I'm going to Belgium in September. I've pencilled in games at Club Brugge and Standard Liege. Is getting tickets for Belgian football easy? Noticed Anderlecht need you to provide an Identity card. 

For Club Brugge you need to be a "member", but you can get a membership when you buy a ticket and it doesn't seem to cost anything. You can just get it online. Not entirely sure about Standard, but it seems to be something different. I've got local contacts for both, so if you need any help, just PM me.

27 minutes ago, Marten said:

For Club Brugge you need to be a "member", but you can get a membership when you buy a ticket and it doesn't seem to cost anything. You can just get it online. Not entirely sure about Standard, but it seems to be something different. I've got local contacts for both, so if you need any help, just PM me.

Thank you.