Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

My sons were staying at their grandads tonight, and the wife is working. So impulsively bought tickets for the relegation playoff, second leg between Hamilton and Airdrie. 
The atmosphere was really good, Airdrie started the better side but were suckered by a goal on the counter. That seemed to spark hamilton in to life, where they looked the better side and grabbed a deserved second. Looked like that was that until Airdrie pulled it back to 2-1 to to take it to extra time and then penalties, which Airdrie won 6-5 taking them back to the championship. 

CFEF6AB3-C1D5-42D9-B007-FE09F9B797D7.jpeg

D0504140-A817-435D-8C05-E42445E5B12E.jpeg

58CD6789-7C01-4936-A08F-DCB9BD0C11C5.jpeg

Edited by buchan30

East Kilb(R)ide Thistle 0-3 Vale of Leven

Following on from @DoingThe42's excellent example we are at Show Park to see EK Thistle against a Vale of Leven.

A first visit for us but the second time seeing both teams after Vale got humped at home by VofC and Thistle got gubbed by Lanark. Thistle were at the point of needing snookers to avoid a trip to Campbelltown next season and they played like a team already resigned to their fate. Two first half goals and a pathetic pass back of the penalty summed up the game and presumably EK's season. 

Show Park is a bit weird. Half a dozen portakabins doing who knows what and an enclosure miles back from the pitch. Worth coming next year to say you've been to a 4th division game I suppose. 

20230524_204000.jpg

20230524_204339.jpg

20230524_204145.jpg

At last, the bit of the season where you can go along and see a game without freezing your bollocks off, or biting your nails.

Tonight, LEAFA, Victory Cup Final. Armadale Athletic AFC 2 North Berwick AFC 0. At Newbyres Park, Gorebridge.
And a quick pint of Pentland IPA at the Dean Tavern in Nitten.

image.thumb.jpeg.0656ab07ef8c9c30ebb2f13a3c08e4d8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fa92ac5ff7fa11bd5bf03d1fc9f32638.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ec6bd84caab6a2d9cb082b6fe4224546.jpeg

Edited by The Mantis

Newtongrange Star V Glenrothes. HT 3-2 FT 5-3.  East of Scotland Division one. 

Attendance. Around 200?

Admission £7

Programme £2. Looks like they will stop producing next season because of high production costs and low uptake. 

The visiting side from Fife could still win the league today if they won and results elsewhere went their way. But the home team who had finished 5th. Started like they were the team looking to be Champions as they blew the visitors away with three goals inside 25 minutes.  The Glen's though haven't been promoted for no reason and started a fight back. Firstly with a soft penalty then a powerful run from number 10 for his second goal before half time. Game on! 

The second half started with Star scoring quickly only for the visitors to make it 4-3. A scrambled goal soon made it 5-3 all before the hour mark. This I thought could finish with any type of scoreline. Glenrothes won a second penalty, this one was more the stonewalling type as the defender had his arm high at a corner. This time the penalty was saved. 

Both teams though continued to push for more goals. But the score stubbornly remained 5-3.

A wonderful game. And lovely ground.

20230527_125826.jpg

20230527_134912.jpg

20230527_142838.jpg

Spartans 2-1 Drumchapel United

No game yesterday for various reasons but decided to take in the South Challenge Cup final at Broadwood today.

Broadwood no longer a stadium in the 42 of course but still need to tick it off and not needing to see Broomhill or Cumbernauld Colts is an added bonus.

Drumchapel have been impressing many this year and narrowly missed out on promotion to the West Premier. The Pride of Pilton will be playing three tiers above that in League Two next year and it showed. Unlike last year, where Talbot defeated Bonnyrigg, Spartans were comfortable throughout. A late goal made it a nervier finish than it had any right to be but Spartans are still, well deserved Cup Winners to end a magnificent season for them.   Hopefully the young folk that were here today to support them are back for League Two come August.

20230528_142041.jpg

20230528_142048.jpg

20230528_144430.jpg

4 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Spartans 2-1 Drumchapel United

No game yesterday for various reasons but decided to take in the South Challenge Cup final at Broadwood today.

Broadwood no longer a stadium in the 42 of course but still need to tick it off and not needing to see Broomhill or Cumbernauld Colts is an added bonus.

Drumchapel have been impressing many this year and narrowly missed out on promotion to the West Premier. The Pride of Pilton will be playing three tiers above that in League Two next year and it showed. Unlike last year, where Talbot defeated Bonnyrigg, Spartans were comfortable throughout. A late goal made it a nervier finish than it had any right to be but Spartans are still, well deserved Cup Winners to end a magnificent season for them.   Hopefully the young folk that were here today to support them are back for League Two come August.

20230528_142041.jpg

20230528_142048.jpg

20230528_144430.jpg

Attendance?

Hearts 1-1 Hibs

Early in the season I attended an Edinburgh Derby at Easter Road. After that game I decided that I wanted to go to one at Tynecastle too. It was another excellent experience. Both games finished in a 1-1 draw. Where the last time Hibs were definitely the happier side with the draw due to a stoppage time equaliser, this time Hearts were the happier side. They played with 10 men after a red card around 28 minutes in, followed by Hibs equalising with the resulting free kick. In the second half Hearts defended very well. Hibs didn't do enough with the man advantage, resulting in Hearts getting the draw they needed (and deserved imo) to finish 4th. After the game we were treated to a proper brawl, resulting in 4 red cards, one staff member and one substitute on each side.

image.thumb.jpeg.651ada1a65a304796d047940b8e5aa4d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d6c0f45772317de9684da44f0738e2c4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9d68ea8b72780787938554937ed0b429.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b2a4fd98029adc9c87ebef1a75904bdd.jpeg

Celtic Women 2-0 Rangers Women

Two derbies in 2 days for me. The second one was the Scottish Women's Cup Final at Hampden. The first half was quite close and not the most interesting. Far more happened in the second half, Celtic got stronger as the game went on. Two excellent corner kicks decided the game for them and got them their second successive Scottish Women's Cup. In my opinion, the better team won. The difference in terms of crowds with men's football was massive. There was very little police, no trouble at all as far as I know.

image.thumb.jpeg.5a5bd24f43530220fdff7692a61d7838.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a43753608b79f1b2ade99295c2c00825.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bb7f0fe55b5ea47777cccba09c725a21.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f28927c549fccc33dc42e4e31d8e3a05.jpeg

Dunipace 3-2 Linlithgow Rose

The only show in town today. Back to Newton Park in Bo'ness to find out who will play Athletic in our last game of the season on Sunday. 

Third time here and the first one not in winter so a damn sight warmer than usual and bugger me what a game it was too. This was reflected by the large crowd here from Denny and Linlithgow. I was wanting Lithgae to win until I saw their defence had number 5 at left back, 2 and 6 at centre half and 11 at right back! Heathens! Lithgae took the lead late in the 1st half but still time for both teams to swap goals before the break. Pace scored a fluke cross-cum-shot- cum-goal and that seemed to knock the stuffing out of Lithgae and they didn't look like getting back into it. They exit the East of Scotland legaue as Champions but defeated semi finalists. 

As I've said before, Newtown is great. Hopefully they can manage some seating as there has been none since the old stand came down. United fans will be glad Pace won as Athletic v Lithgae would have been like picking what ball they want cut off with a blunt knife, I'd imagine.

20230530_195629.jpg

20230530_203315.jpg

20230530_204837.jpg

Tues night and another ammy fixture. Duddingston Athletic 3 Kirknewton CFC 3, LEAFA Sunday section, Morning Div 1.
Always thought Cavalry Park would be a bit of a dump, hemmed in by posh Duddingston and not so posh Craigmillar, with maybe a few neds hanging about.

But it's a lovely setting on a summer night, very spacious and rural with birds singing all over the shop. They had taken down the goals on the main pitch so we had to trek away over to the far pitch where they kept losing balls in the woods and nettles.

The standard this far down the league structure is pretty poor, but an easy one for the ref with no cards and very few fouls. Some cracking goals though. Had a blether with the ref as Kirky were late arriving, and promised to visit Kirky for a home game.

Obviously it would have been criminal not to drop into the Sheep Heid for a nice pint of Stewart's 80/- afterwards.

This was my 80th game of the season. I had thought about keeping that to end the season with the Cup Final on Saturday which will also be my 50th visit to Hampden, but it was too nice an evening to sit all night looking at the missus.

image.thumb.jpeg.79e957aa87786222a8ccf92d2da802fc.jpeg

Edited by The Mantis

Been at a few games as a neutral in the last few weeks.

Firstly Annan's 2-1 win in the play offs against Clyde. Have now seen a Bully Wee home game at Firhill, Broomfield, Old Douglas Park, Broadwood and New Douglas Park.ClydeAnnan.thumb.jpeg.a69360e5eb434cfbab847e369bc41b96.jpeg

Edited by cowdenbeath