Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Banbury United 2-2 Farsley Celtic @ Spencer Stadium 🌱. National League North. 3pm kick-off on Saturday. The visitors looked to have secured a comeback win but it ended honours even after an injury time equaliser for Banbury who were then reduced to 10 men 🔴. Really good ground. Crowd 678.

A1C2CED9-DCE0-4ED3-B809-2827C87A8A3A.jpeg

E3A5516B-0E32-4CDD-9294-FDE820113DC2.jpeg

F1E9A47C-7A12-4D06-A450-DBE6B18FE5C1.jpeg

On 24/02/2023 at 23:20, IncomingExile said:

Alright big man, you can go in goals. And if you wear the boots with the coloured heels it'll make you look even taller. 

Well in my playing days (1980' onwards) I'm sure anyone with yellow boots would either be a) crap b) be tormented in the dressing rooms or 3) an ideal target for a flying challenge 😇

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

All at Parties Road, look above the guy with blue woolly hat and I am the one on the right as you look - few hoppers next to me I believe. Famous names on P&B eh ?

Me and @tamthebam were at the other side of that group. I may have spoke to you briefly in the que at the pie hatch before the game unless there were any English guys there.

1 hour ago, Crow said:

Banbury United 2-2 Farsley Celtic @ Spencer Stadium 🌱. National League North. 3pm kick-off on Saturday. The visitors looked to have secured a comeback win but it ended honours even after an injury time equaliser for Banbury who were then reduced to 10 men 🔴. Really good ground. Crowd 678.

A1C2CED9-DCE0-4ED3-B809-2827C87A8A3A.jpeg

E3A5516B-0E32-4CDD-9294-FDE820113DC2.jpeg

F1E9A47C-7A12-4D06-A450-DBE6B18FE5C1.jpeg

Oop north in Oxfordshire!

New Dundas Park for Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic V Forfar Athletic. 1-1 744 in attendance. 

Ticket £12 patg 

Programme £2.

A battle of a match between the Rose and Forfar. A deserved point for both teams in front of a very good crowd for a Tuesday night. 

Forfar took the lead with a penalty in a tight contest. Rose had a call for a penalty soon after but the very fussy referee waved play on. Rose saved a point three minutes from time when a free kick was prodded home by number 9. Rose had the ball in the net in injury time but the linesman had his flag up. 

Enjoyable even. 

IMG_20230228_212824.jpg

IMG_20230228_191423.jpg

IMG_20230228_210017.jpg

Finished Kings Lynn 1-1 Buxton.

Att: 847.

Buxton probably worth the draw and will be the happier of the two sides.

Have to say the officials failed to deal with Buxton's gamesmanship all night which was frustrating. And did their keeper drop into his own net?? We'll never know. He played on. So did the ref. I wasn't close enough to judge but those who were certainly thought (and acted as if) it was in. 

Scarborough Athletic visit The Walks on Saturday. I may be at Snetterton but if not, I'll pop along. 

22 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Me and @tamthebam were at the other side of that group. I may have spoke to you briefly in the que at the pie hatch before the game unless there were any English guys there.

In the presence of P&B legends then - think I spoke to a few people, some accents I could understand, pies were my priority at that time 🍲 Will approach you all if we meet again. Imagine I was the only English bloke there !

13 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Benburb 2-0 St Roch's. 

A pretty dominant display from the Bens who never really looked in trouble and probably should have had more than two goals. Both goals very high quality.

20230301_194420.jpg

New Tinto Park must be the biggest upgrade/downgrade on an old stadium there has been. Just depends on your priorities 

13 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

New Tinto Park must be the biggest upgrade/downgrade on an old stadium there has been. Just depends on your priorities 

I sadly never got the old Tinto Park, started following this level of football on this side of the country after it was gone. I don't mind New Tinto though, I've watched games in much worse places, it at least feels like a football ground.

13 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

The moved worked out pretty well for Benburb imo as the move coincided with their push up the leagues going from the West Region's bottom tier to the Premiership. New Tinto's a decent ground imo & now has cover as well which it's lack of was one of it's flaws.

Crystal Palace 0-0 Liverpool @ Selhurst Park 🌱. Premier League. 7.45pm kick-off. Palace fail to punish a poor 1st half performance from Liverpool 🇦🇹 who are better after the break. Mo Salah came closest to a winner hitting the bar. Far from a classic. Crowd 25,298.

6601724F-CC21-49B0-924B-4B26BA72B0B8.jpeg

18B983CD-02AF-46ED-A866-FFD553DEE841.jpeg

025D3939-300A-455D-A50E-56D1D6EEEAAB.jpeg

Linlithgow Rose 2-1 Bo’ness United East of Scotland Qualifying Cup. First competitive derby in 3 years between these two teams. First half Bo’ness were miles in front but missed numerous chances including a penalty before Jones scored a great goal to put them 1-0 up at half time. Linlithgow made changes at half time and were much better in the second half and ran out worth winners. 

43FC8D5E-A881-4DCD-997D-FF692962D22D.jpeg

BEEF233E-666E-4A01-AD50-E905E6BC119A.jpeg