Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

15 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Hi Jute, what a random coincidence, we were at FC Edinburgh under 20 v Uni of Stirling (1-4) on the side Astro at Meadowbank, it was quite strange there being a parallel game going on the main pitch. 

799AB965-0D21-4C07-B3C0-01D4398B04D2.jpeg

1851E62F-EFF3-42CA-B5B6-659A3E8A9B83.jpeg

Was wondering what the other game was. 

Meadowbank pitches run parallel ? Out of Holm Park : Yoker 6 G.Perthshire 1 ft att around 100. Perth waste an early pen (wide) go 20 down, get back in 21 by ht. Early goal 31 then gk spills the ball, thanks 41. They kept trying but didnt create, only to get caught on the break twice. Yoker kept the ball and moved well.20230224_212127.thumb.jpg.38d006e601a669cf29e19797d3062e0b.jpg

On 23/02/2023 at 23:00, Andy groundhopper said:

20230223_185731.thumb.jpg.29c3769305ceaa27abda5aa2c4154f88.jpgCentenary Shield u18 Scotland v R of Ireland 0-0  ft at Renfrew. Att probs 3-400. The Rep  had better chances and bit more fluent, the young Scots better when they pushed up and pressed. Enjoyable night. 

Alright big man, you can go in goals. And if you wear the boots with the coloured heels it'll make you look even taller. 

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Leith Athletic 4-2 Armadale Thistle King Cup 2nd round. Friday night entertainment under the lights at Meadowbank. Penalty aside first half was all Armadale who should have been more than 2-1 ahead at half time. Leith much better in second half and ran out worthy winners. Lovely strike for 4th goal. Both sides reduce to 10 at the end but not sure what either card was for.

ADC5D813-9351-44B9-A90B-61C5067F04A7.jpeg

EB2F8717-DD40-4B6D-8C93-9C6D4414F838.jpeg

241F8AA4-F3A9-485A-B6AF-F05D04982D87.jpeg

Armadale's red was for a pretty cynical crunching foul- it looked like a bit of afters for a Leith player going in on an Armadale player. I hadn't realised Leith had got a red card too though.

Quite a good game and a decent Armadale support came through. I also had a quick shufty at the U20s game at half time so have unknowingly been in the present of both Jute and Cowdenleith...

13 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Meadowbank pitches run parallel ? 

I maybe didn’t word my post last night very well! No, not parallel, the caged full size Astro is further east I suppose. If you know the way Meadowbank was it’s closer, but not quite as far, as where the old velodrome was.

Edited by Cowdenleith

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Armadale's red was for a pretty cynical crunching foul- it looked like a bit of afters for a Leith player going in on an Armadale player. I hadn't realised Leith had got a red card too though.

Quite a good game and a decent Armadale support came through. I also had a quick shufty at the U20s game at half time so have unknowingly been in the present of both Jute and Cowdenleith...

I had me Cowdenbeath bobble hat on as well, it got really cold 🥶 

Yeah, the Armadale fans were quite noisy, could hear them from the other end of the complex when they took the lead.

Peebles Rovers 0-0 Newburgh 

The original plan had been to go to Hill of Beath v Musselburgh but that was changed to Olivebank where we've already been so with the weather nice we decided to go down for East of Scotland 2nd Division action in Bordersshire.

Strange place, you just walk in, football, cricket and rugby all sharing an area with only mesh fences separating 3rd tier rugby from 8th tier football. Fairly picturesque with the hills and the Hydro as a backdrop mind you 

I guarantee that non of you have been to a worse game than this. West Germany v Austria pissed all over this. It was that bad I spent a lot of it peering over to the rugby next door. Well worth what we paid for it (hee haw).

20230225_142443.jpg

20230225_153407.jpg

20230225_142652.jpg

39/42: FC Edinburgh 3-0 Clyde, League One, 25/02/2023.

f**k me, that was terrible.

I expected bad, but it was worse. Twelve quid to get in, with no option to stand, forced to use the pishy wee stand they've got, which meant watching the game through the wee barrier. Depending on slouching in my seat or sitting up straight I could see or not see.

The seats were uncomfortable to the extent that my back is giving me jip this evening. Neither my brother nor I are fat, but we found the space a struggle.

I don't think I'm a man given to hyperbole, but I think considering the level and price etc, that's the worst place I've ever watched football. I've been at daft wee cage grounds down the leagues, I've been at second division games in Europe and Asia with big running tracks etc. But these things have always been dirt cheap or really low level etc.

This is League One, and it's a disgrace. My brother and I spent a good while thinking about it in the car home. We've both been to see football a lot of places, and we both reckon that's the worst. Will not be back.

The game itself was classic Clyde. Played really well for 44 minutes. The better team. Then went behind and fell apart, as per.

Only positive about today is that it's a step closer to the seasonal 42 and is in fact my personal Lifetime 42, as I've now been to the home ground of all the teams currently in the SPFL. First time I've ever been able to say that. A nice wee milestone.

Celtic are the only team in the SPFL I've not seen play yet this season, but that will be rectified in my next game. Celtic, Stenny, Dunfermline still to go.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

I expected bad, but it was worse. Twelve quid to get in, with no option to stand, forced to use the pishy wee stand they've got, which meant watching the game through the wee barrier. Depending on slouching in my seat or sitting up straight I could see or not see.

The seats were uncomfortable to the extent that my back is giving me jip this evening. Neither my brother nor I are fat, but we found the space a struggle.

I don't think I'm a man given to hyperbole, but I think considering the level and price etc, that's the worst place I've ever watched football. I've been at daft wee cage grounds down the leagues, I've been at second division games in Europe and Asia with big running tracks etc. But these things have always been dirt cheap or really low level etc.

This is League One, and it's a disgrace. My brother and I spent a good while thinking about it in the car home. We've both been to see football a lot of places, and we both reckon that's the worst. Will not be back.

The game itself was classic Clyde. Played really well for 44 minutes. The better team. Then went behind and fell apart, as per.

Only positive about today is that it's a step closer to the seasonal 42 and is in fact my personal Lifetime 42, as I've now been to the home ground of all the teams currently in the SPFL. First time I've ever been able to say that. A nice wee milestone.

Celtic are the only team in the SPFL I've not seen play yet this season, but that will be rectified in my next game. Celtic, Stenny, Dunfermline still to go.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

You were warned 🤣

20 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Watching FCE😮

1 hour ago, DoingThe42 said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Just as well you weren’t there earlier in the season when they were charging £18 to get in, before they dropped the prices. 😬

Real Madrid 1-1 Atletico Madrid

Madrid derby tonight at the Bernabau thanks to my Real supporting pal giving me his season ticket whilst out of town. Strange one for me as an Atleti fan in amongst the home fans restricting myself to an inner YASSS when Gimenez put them in front.

Good game all round - some ludicrous refereeing for Correa's sending off, a good performance by Atleti, just unfortunate they couldn't hold on. Good header from Alvaro for the equaliser tbf. The chants of CORRUPTION from the Real fans pretty bizarre too. 

IMG_20230225_202108.thumb.jpg.edc170e47694ede178a017c510329766.jpg