Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

15 hours ago, kilMARKnock said:

No romance of the cup for me as its off to the London Stadium with the Hammer loving wee man once again. As a Blade myself he's still too young to get the fact I think they are a bunch of cheating c***s and Tevez is a w****r. Having said that actually looking forward to the El Sackico with a lot at stake in this one and my Spoons breakfast at Moon under the Water will set me up for the day once BA get us down there.

Fucking disaster, Moon under the Water closed for refurbishment opening up again next Saturday. Thankfully the last site for the Marquee spoons just up the road did the business. 

It appears that Hammers fans fucking hate Chelsea  😛

37/42: Peterhead 1-0 Clyde, League One, 21/1/23.

Second week running at a wind-affected game, but this one was even more farcical than East Fife last week. A gale blowing in meant that each keeper got a half of taking goal kicks that would get nowhere near the halfway line, and this was the main feature of this game between two of the worst teams in the SPFL.

Clyde failed to make enough of having the wind behind them in the first half. Jordan Allan should have scored when one-on-one and then wasn't sharp enough to make the most of a poor passback, but Clyde should have been using the wind more to get shots in from the edge of the area, but were too indecisive.

Peterhead used the conditions better when it was their turn in the second half, and won it with what looked like quite a sharp finish from Shanks not long after the break. Clyde should have cleared it, but that's a familiar story.

Clyde seemed clueless as to how to play into the wind, and 1-0 seemed inevitable from soon after the goal. Cunningham was unlucky when his deflected effort spun up in the air and past the keeper, but Ritchie was able to get back and catch it as it held up in the wind. That kind of season.

So, Clyde remain without a win since August in the league, and slip to the bottom of League One. Grim.

Clyde have brought some bodies in this week, and Martin Rennie showed enough in his sub appearance today to suggest he'll be useful. But it's really not looking good.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Dundee United v Stirling Uni for me. In with 1000 noisy students in the Jolly Jim Fair Play stand (which means I've now seen games from all 4 sides of Tannadice)

I had a good day out, enjoyed the match, Dundee United's bridie wasn't bad and an Arabs player scored with an overhead kick, the posing get.

IMG_20230121_145928301.thumb.jpg.0715940a90bc82b8857f016c9e5e07c7.jpg

Letting off a flair before the game- a bit naughty...

The East was virtually wiped out so took the chance to tick off the Synergy Arena for Bonnyton Thistle v Gartcairn in the WOSL div 1.
Not been looking forward to this at all but it's better than the average 3G cage and it was a decent game with Gartcairn falling behind early on but recovering to win 3-1.
Had a chat with a couple of the Bonnyton committee and surprised they knew more about Whitehill than the average westie.

IMG_7825.thumb.JPG.f58c90874c5238f5e632b4381cdfda22.JPG

Edited by The Mantis

Rayo Vallecano 0-2 Real Sociedad

Beautiful afternoon in Vallecas with La Real seriously impressive in easing to a 2-0 win. Illaramendi and David Silva strolling about the middle of the park and running the show. Was in the middle of a brilliant away support, Rayo fans as good as ever too - fantastic old stadium (despite falling apart) and a great club to visit.

IMG_20230121_135818.thumb.jpg.77cfce702f5595c5bac2a41dde4923df.jpg

Edited by JMDPco

Leganes 2-2 Levante

Another sunny afternoon in Madrid, with a pretty entertaining game at Leganes. Butarque is a nice wee stadium in a pleasant area of South Madrid and the Leganes ultras make a decent atmosphere. I'll try sum up in chronological order:

Levante score a pen given away by some shambolic defending by the left back. The scorer then celebrates right in front of the home ultras before returning to them in some excellent GIRUY behaviour. Leganes equalise then miss a penalty given by VAR. 

Leganes take the lead with a nice finish by Arnaiz (the best player on the pitch by some way) before an injury time equaliser sparked what can only be described as #scenes in the away end. On loan Villa striker Wesley was terrible btw, a big lumbering presence up front who done very little bit fall over all game. 

A pleasant afternoon all round.

IMG_20230122_152211.thumb.jpg.ba952ca0702f08d87033719804124a5a.jpg

Edited by JMDPco

Hibernian 0-3 Heart of Midlothian @ Easter Road Stadium. Scottish Cup 🏆 Round 4. Hibs hit the post before conceding ⚽ after 10 minutes. They spend the game looking for an equaliser but Hearts seal the win with 2 brilliant late goals ⚽⚽, the 3rd with 10 men 🔴. Crowd 18,622.

9DF3A824-6079-469F-9F25-51117B772A3E.jpeg

8C9D10FA-67C4-4333-8657-070FAC823970.jpeg

50289648-FE39-4AA4-AA50-B611ED280EB4.jpeg

AF6841EA-9665-4DAB-BC77-816761F1506B.jpeg

Edited by Crow

4 hours ago, JMDPco said:

Leganes 2-2 Levante

Another sunny afternoon in Madrid, with a pretty entertaining game at Leganes. Butarque is a nice wee stadium in a pleasant area of South Madrid and the Leganes ultras make a decent atmosphere. I'll try sum up in chronological order:

Levante score a pen given away by some shambolic defending by the left back. The scorer then celebrates right in front of the home ultras before returning to them in some excellent GIRUY behaviour. Leganes equalise then miss a penalty given by VAR. 

Leganes take the lead with a nice finish by Arnaiz (the best player on the pitch by some way) before an injury time equaliser sparked what can only be described as #scenes in the away end. On loan Villa striker Wesley was terrible btw, a big lumbering presence up front who done very little bit fall over all game. 

A pleasant afternoon all round.

IMG_20230122_152211.thumb.jpg.ba952ca0702f08d87033719804124a5a.jpg

Odd floodlights there!

On 21/01/2023 at 13:00, kilMARKnock said:

It appears that Hammers fans fucking hate Chelsea  😛

Was in The Shed end (old terracing days) at Stamford Bridge for a Chelsea/Hammers game in the early 80s ... let's just say ... it was seriously mental ... loads of Hammers without their colours ... total bloody mayhem.

Went to Wrexham vs Gateshead last night, met a bunch of fans from there on holiday in 2016 and have kept an eye out on their scores since and obviously have been watching the documentary.

Was some turnout from the away support and the game was made sweeter by me landing a 7/1 bet builder in the 92nd minute, had Wrexham -2, Mullin and Palmer to score anytime. 

Pollok 2-4 Hurlford. 

Great bang for your buck at Newlandsfield as always. Only went for the first time in April at the arse end of last season, and I’ve now seen 27 goals across that and the 4 other games I’ve been to this season. Pollok missed a penalty at 1-1, after which Hurlford went onto dominate despite Pollok getting an equaliser with 20 to go. 

AA36FA7E-E6DE-4B3F-891F-8C935BE71355.jpeg

In Germany this week. And to start of the weekend I attended a famous old name from the GDR past in BFC Dynamo who played host to ZFC Meuselwitz in the Regionalliga Nordost. BFC started the day of in upper mid table with the visitors in the lower half of the league table. Dynamo started of much the better team and should have taken the lead early on. But missed a few chances. On 20 minutes against the run of play the visitors took a surprise lead when a deep cross from the right was met with a header from the forward to put Meuselwitz ahead. The rest of an entertaining first half was shared between both teams. 

The second half seen the visitors sit in a bit and Dynamo dominated as they looked to get back into the game. But they missed chance after chance and I felt they could play all night and not score. That's until in the 82nd minute the visiting goalkeeper kindly dropped an easy catch from a corner into the path of a Dynamo player who gratefully scored. Dynamo smelt blood and continued to attack for a winner against a team who had yet to draw a game all season. And on 90 minutes another mistake in the box from a corner lead to a stramash and the winner eventually stabbed home. An excellent nights entertainment. 

Ticket 15 Euros on the gate.

Programme (Stadionheft in German) 2 Euros. 

Crowd was 1390

IMG_20230127_204818.jpg

IMG_20230127_180422.jpg

Edited by atfccfc
Spelling

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale 4-2 Vale of Leithen @ Ainslie Park Stadium 🌱. Great game 💥 in the EoSFL, Premier Division. Lothian 3-0 up at the break with both sides having a penalty saved. The visitors pulled 2 goals back but then gifted a 4th which sealed it. 🧮 Crowd 77.

42EFF4FB-B5B9-4238-93ED-468975DF567C.jpeg

82D085E6-4513-4C38-8820-FED612D3C456.jpeg

43408390-1ECE-4CC0-BD24-EB9A24158C5F.jpeg

4AD843D5-DB4A-4AD1-AB91-FF5C28AD143D.jpeg

Clydebank 2-0 Cambustaunch Rangers 

I don't normally post Clydebank games here as my dad is a Clydebank supporter so it's never truly "random". Had to post about this one though.

Rangers, is sometimes a suffix like Rovers or United. In cases like Berwick or Stafford that's all it is. Up here it will always have connotations though. The now defunct Blantyre Celtic always had links with one of the cheeks and Cambuslang Rangers have clear links with the other. Their strip is a complete rip off of the 92/94 Rangers strip and I believe they have had more in the past. 

I've been to Holm Park several times and I am always happy there. Great ground for this level and easily upgradable when need and finances allow. Most of this game was a walk in the park for the Paper Hankies but they will need to play better to get something down at Darvel on Wednesday.

20230128_144832.jpg

20230128_140713.jpg

20230128_140356.jpg

Game two in Germany. And the train down to Aue Bad-Schlema via Dresden and Zwickau. for FC Erzgebirge Aue (or BSG Wismut Aue as the fans seem to prefer, their name during GDR times) V SC Freiburg II in 3.Liga. a very poor game which I felt was going to be 0-0 after 5 minutes. Both teams defences were on top from the start and they stifled the forwards very well from the start. The forward players didn't help themselves with poor crosses and taken too many touches when in good positions, though. The defending was very good though. 

Atmosphere was again good from the home fans on a very very cold day. 

The town of Aue and the Erzgebirgsstadion though is very picturesque in the winter weather amongst the hills. A beautiful part of the world.

0-0 6019 fans with 12 from Freiburg 

Ticket 19 Euros

Programme 1.50 Euros.

Nudeln mit Wurstgulash (pasta, cheese, sauce and sausage) 5 Euros.

Brockwurst in Brochen 3.50 Euros.

IMG_20230128_131731.jpg

IMG_20230128_155705.jpg

Arniston Rangers 2-1 Syngenta @ Newbyres Park 🌱. Great game yesterday afternoon with the home side edging it to secure 3 big points 💥 in the EoSFL, Division 2 promotion race. Arran Laidlaw with the winner ⚽️p (74) from the spot after he was fouled in the box. Crowd 130.

B5F814B7-0661-4DD3-BEA5-5BC67BE82B32.jpeg

03868349-21A4-4BE8-8E35-B2788FABC4E9.jpeg

56351B28-0F8E-418C-B25E-E7A4FFE848EB.jpeg

3403F8C3-4BA9-4C94-AE18-9A8BD5C7FB98.jpeg

In Leipzig today to watch the Regionalliga Nordost match between BSG Chemie Leipzig and Babelsberg 03. An absolutely cracking match this with all the ingredients that makes a brilliant day at the football.

Rustic old ground ✅

Fair ticket prices and a programme ✅

Two teams going at it for the win from the getgo ✅

Both sets of fans producing a great atmosphere ✅

Decent football food and Bier ✅ 

Awful refereeing ✅

This game was end to end and very competitive with lots of not so cute fouls. Both teams were so positive and created a fair few chances. Chemie took the lead on 14 minutes when the forward concerted a cross at the near post. 

Late in the second half. Chemie won a free kick deep in there own half but the ball was kicked away down the park. Where the Chemie striker, a Babelsberg sub and manager came to a 'disagreement' this resulted in all three being booked but the Babelsberg manager didn't shut up and was then sent off. 

The second half started with the home side taking control and really should have been further ahead. But as is typical the opponent's were never out of it and got an equaliser. This gave them confidence and the match could've gone either way. The referee was fairly erratic through out and lost control as he hadn't been tough with some of the earlier fouling. He booked the Babelsberg number 30 and a Chemie player after they squared up to each other. 5 minutes later he again booked the Babelsberg number 30. But despite chants from the crowd and the 'helpful' Chemie players reminding him if his error he failed to produce a red card. 

Some how the match finished 1-1. But I'm not sure how, as it was very open with chances on both sides. 

Ticket 15 Euros for the stand (terrace was cheaper, but no checks) 

Programme 2 Euros 

I also managed to see a Leipzig Stadtliga (not sure which level?! Possibly 7/8th) match earlier in the day between TuS Leutzsch and Olympia Leipzig. That finished 1-0 to Leutzsch in front of about 100 and was free entry. 

IMG_20230129_171339.jpg

IMG_20230129_150859.jpg